IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone **** up their F yet

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 11:37 AM
newzfirst
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure you ask your insurance provide to install dealer's windshield and make sure it has Lexus stamped on the window before they install it. A lot of insurance companies will give you an after market windshield with no rain sensors.
Old 10-08-08, 03:18 PM
blitzint
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Rock cracked windshield..Dealer wants $1300 for new windshield including clips & moldings.
Old 10-08-08, 06:11 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I took my car in today to get my new wheels and tires put on.....after waiting 4 months for them....only to find out....after trusting the dealer to find me something suitable....that the wheels they put on were for ISX50!!!

Needless to say the rear wheels did not have enough clearance over the calipers....so they are badly gouged!

Now not only do I have to source new winter wheels and tires....but I have to have the rear brake calipers replaced! (And Yes, the dealer has already committed to the repair).
Old 12-11-08, 10:08 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well...i have a 14" crack in my windshield.. AWESOME!

full glass coverage FTW

Old 12-11-08, 11:09 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

lol...I don't own an F but you guys MUST be driving wayyy too damn fast to get all those cracked windshields. lol.

Oh btw, I had to have my windshield replaced once about a year ago by my insurance company (Geico) and they refused up and down to replace it with a Lexus OEM windshield; I too have full glass coverage and no deductable....I was upset but then again I have had my '00 GS4 for about 6 years now so i got over it and just had them replace it with some good PPG glass.

I would be flippin' if they told me this on my new F; if I had one.
Old 12-11-08, 11:09 AM
stash84
Rookie

I took the car home around sundown so i didnt notice the huge scrape on my front rim. The next day, someone pointed in out to me and i had some trouble getting it replaced by the dealer for free. They wanted to fix and paint it but after a little arguing with my salesman, they finally ordered it free of charge. Less than 2 weeks later, a big truck or something backed into it with a tow hitch or something and i had to replace the hood and the grill/emblem. THEN, my gf pressed on the windshield from the inside a little too hard with her feet and it cracked. I bought the original windshield from lexus and had it installed. My insurance covered about $300.00, so i dished out about 900 for that (installed).

Then i was going about 40mph and a car made a left in front of me as i slammed the brakes, and i missed it by inches. The next day, my friend noticed a huge scrape on the bumper. I didnt even feel the impact !! Most of the scrape/paint came off with compound but my paint is a little dull there...

Yeah, so ive had some bad luck...

But i have no dings

I dont valet touch my car..they would never take responsibility...
Old 12-11-08, 11:21 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stash84
I took the car home around sundown so i didnt notice the huge scrape on my front rim. The next day, someone pointed in out to me and i had some trouble getting it replaced by the dealer for free. They wanted to fix and paint it but after a little arguing with my salesman, they finally ordered it free of charge. Less than 2 weeks later, a big truck or something backed into it with a tow hitch or something and i had to replace the hood and the grill/emblem. THEN, my gf pressed on the windshield from the inside a little too hard with her feet and it cracked. I bought the original windshield from lexus and had it installed. My insurance covered about $300.00, so i dished out about 900 for that (installed).

Then i was going about 40mph and a car made a left in front of me as i slammed the brakes, and i missed it by inches. The next day, my friend noticed a huge scrape on the bumper. I didnt even feel the impact !! Most of the scrape/paint came off with compound but my paint is a little dull there...

Yeah, so ive had some bad luck...

But i have no dings

I dont valet touch my car..they would never take responsibility...
After you compound, you have to polish and it will restore the shine..

Sounds like you have been through quite a lot!
Old 12-11-08, 12:21 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i curbed my drive side rear rim! driving slow none the less!
Old 12-20-08, 05:43 AM
4onenight
Driver

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I haven't let a valet touch any of my car's for over 10 years, I'm proud to say! If I go to a restaurant that only has valet parking and there is no self-parking [where I won't get dinged] available I leave.
everytime im in that situation i just tip the guy and they usually let me park it my-self(and obviously i keep the keys)
Old 12-20-08, 01:22 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

small rock chip on hood, scrape lower right front bumper, two small scuffs left rear fender, small chip front left wheel.........oh, and I had to have my rear windshield replaced by tint company when they tried to fix the crappy tint job and pulled off my defrost elements. Replaced with OEM lexus windshield and covered by their insurance.

I guess it's only a matter of time before I'm blowing my sub and replacing the front windshield

Drive it like you stole it!
Old 12-20-08, 01:24 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Oh and wife scraped up the back left door panel and scratched the leather pocket behind my seat, but I'm getting the little repair kit from Napa that you can heat up and fix the plastic on the door panel. We shall see
Old 12-21-08, 07:32 AM
dana_daen
Driver

Originally Posted by 4onenight
everytime im in that situation i just tip the guy and they usually let me park it my-self(and obviously i keep the keys)
How much do you tip so they allow you to do this ?
Old 12-21-08, 08:06 AM
-JDOG-
Lead Lap

I was reading on another forum where when the F first came out, a man who had recently purchased it took it out for a night on the town. Went in for dinner at a restraunt and came out to find that it had been broken into. The glove box has scuffs and tears around it on the leather.
Old 12-22-08, 03:10 PM
TherealFIG
Driver

wife just got hit this past Sat. when a mentally debilitated person ran a red light. tagged the F in the front. First time the wife has driven it so big bummer. Should not be too bad to repair, could almost get away with a bumper/fog lamp replacement. Sucks though, people are always out to ruin your ish.

Fig
Old 12-22-08, 03:16 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks Fig, glad to hear everyone is ok though

Quick Reply: anyone **** up their F yet