IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone **** up their F yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-09, 06:13 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well... my car will be receiving a new front bumper this week... being my car is so low.. when i had it in for inspection and oil change at lexus, when they were backing it off the lift my lexon front lip caught the lift and pulled the bumper causing one of the tabs that holds the bumper cover on to break. so they are going to be replacing my whole front bumper cover and paying for me to have it re-clearbra'd so i'm currently driving around in a white es350
Old 03-21-09, 07:20 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
well... my car will be receiving a new front bumper this week... being my car is so low.. when i had it in for inspection and oil change at lexus, when they were backing it off the lift my lexon front lip caught the lift and pulled the bumper causing one of the tabs that holds the bumper cover on to break. so they are going to be replacing my whole front bumper cover and paying for me to have it re-clearbra'd so i'm currently driving around in a white es350

wow sorry to hear atleast now all the road rash will be like new!
Old 03-21-09, 07:27 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by DFLORES
wow sorry to hear atleast now all the road rash will be like new!
yea thats the plus side.. the couple small imperfections that i had in my bumper will now be gone
Old 03-21-09, 10:19 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

1 week and 300 miles into "trying" to enjoy the new car, I not only get a flat tire from some metal shred on the highway, it chews off some paint off the rear quarter panel. I also am lucky enough to enjoy a es350 while the tire gets replaced and paint gets fixed
Old 03-22-09, 07:20 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nysupraman
1 week and 300 miles into "trying" to enjoy the new car, I not only get a flat tire from some metal shred on the highway, it chews off some paint off the rear quarter panel. I also am lucky enough to enjoy a es350 while the tire gets replaced and paint gets fixed
Dude it is somthing about NY. Same **** happened to me the first day I got my car only it was this old rusted *** screw driver with no handle that punctured my side wall and decided to lose a few pounds by running with the car every time chipping paint around my quarter panel wheel well.
Old 03-28-09, 01:23 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man I just took my car out to White Stone in NY. Glad nothing happened to me but I've had other previous incidents in the city with the taxi with my parent's car.
Old 03-28-09, 05:16 PM
NoVa-isF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Holy shi*! That's pretty bad, did you walk away alright? Did the airbags deploy?
its not that bad and airbags are made NOT to come out on a small hit like that. if you hit a deer and the bags come out then you slam a tree your going to get hurt. I see soooo many cars come in my shop torn to little bits and no air bags. If you dont hit some hard on the frame rails or subframe they will not come out
Old 03-28-09, 07:17 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

Whats with all these cracked windshields on the ISFs?
Old 03-29-09, 01:10 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Guess i had a little rivet or something metal of the sort in my tire for a little while now. But when i hit 150 it finally punctured and now i have the doughnut on until tomorrow...Why is it bright yellow again???
Old 03-29-09, 11:06 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoVa-isF
its not that bad and airbags are made NOT to come out on a small hit like that. if you hit a deer and the bags come out then you slam a tree your going to get hurt. I see soooo many cars come in my shop torn to little bits and no air bags. If you dont hit some hard on the frame rails or subframe they will not come out
There have been some freaky cases where airbags have deployed when hit less then what my original comment was referring to. It was a legitimate question to ask
Old 03-29-09, 11:54 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i received a windshield rockchip last yr from tagging along w/ all the supras at tx2k8. then i received my 2nd windshield chip from tagging along w/ the supras at tx2k9. lol
Old 03-30-09, 02:49 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

im calling my car frankenberry until my new bumper gets put on LMAO... the new one is painted but i'm not putting it on until its fully cured and i can clear bra it

Old 03-30-09, 05:13 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

that sucks cathy, i was at the d2 open house, was hoping to meet you in person, but you went to grab lunch with your fiance, love the lambo!
Old 03-30-09, 07:05 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Nice.. you should have made them paint the screws just for fun
Old 03-30-09, 10:34 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
that sucks cathy, i was at the d2 open house, was hoping to meet you in person, but you went to grab lunch with your fiance, love the lambo!
ohhh you went? if i had known i wouldve hung around a little longer... next time!

Originally Posted by oztiks
Nice.. you should have made them paint the screws just for fun
hahaha.. im kinda digging the frankenstein look.. maybe i'll start a new trend lmao

Quick Reply: anyone **** up their F yet