IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone **** up their F yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09 | 02:54 PM
Low Offset
Driver

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
i received a windshield rockchip last yr from tagging along w/ all the supras at tx2k8. then i received my 2nd windshield chip from tagging along w/ the supras at tx2k9. lol
Bernie haha dang dude, you should stay in the front of the pact! At least you are not riding on some mi dang wheels lol.
Old 04-01-09 | 10:06 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Well, it's official. The F BOMB nearly met its maker today when some guy busted over the double yellow to catch a left turn signal just as I was getting into traffic from a driveway.

The kicker, it actually doesn't look that bad. His front end teed me at the front fender, starting from the bumper cover all the way to other side of the front wheel. I was also still moving so he was dragged across both doors.

It's scratched and slightly bent up front. The bumper cover cracked. Wheel of course looks like hell and the toe is way the hell out.

His car, a 96 Impreza....destroyed! The IS F is one solid beast. And with all that rubber, the car barely moved on impact.

No injuries to them or me....at least that you can see.

The upside is that I think I even mentioned it upthread a while back about the vandals that ashed a cigarette cherry into my clear bra. Well, that's no longer an issue. I also have what I believe to be a dealer car wash scratch on the impacted wheel.

This is probably going to be the shop's first F. I'm not so concerned about the body work, they are the go-to for the dealer. I am worried, though about a solid drive train. One able to handle loads on the track. God help me if something snaps off.
Old 04-02-09 | 12:11 AM
Low Offset
Driver

awwww sorry to hear that bro. man that sucks ***. You should sue that guys insurance. At least you'll come out with some extra expendable income that you can use to the F if you wanted to. =)
Old 04-02-09 | 04:42 AM
F BOMB
Driver

I know you guys would appreciate pictures. I'll try to get some...and an estimate.
Old 04-02-09 | 05:14 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I cracked my passenger sideskirt with road debris.
I think we just did your car here at Lexus of Pembroke Pines Body Shop. You just picked it up a couple of days ago, right?
Old 04-05-09 | 05:16 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

I have a 2008 ISF for about 8 months now and about 8100km on the odometer. So far I have a rock chip on my rear left rim, alot of swirls and scratches(haven't detailed my car yet).Also my 3m is slightly scuffed due to a stupid small winter self accident. Thank god my 3m saved my car. Now I will have to re 3m my hood. Other then this nothing major yet.
Old 04-16-09 | 08:50 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
So I took my car in today to get my new wheels and tires put on.....after waiting 4 months for them....only to find out....after trusting the dealer to find me something suitable....that the wheels they put on were for ISX50!!!

Needless to say the rear wheels did not have enough clearance over the calipers....so they are badly gouged!

Now not only do I have to source new winter wheels and tires....but I have to have the rear brake calipers replaced! (And Yes, the dealer has already committed to the repair).
Sorry to bump an old thread....BUT....after six months of runaround and being told that they would "sort out" my calipers. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the local dealership that actually damaged my calipers was washing their hands of it and I needed to deal with the original dealer who sold me and provided the wheels.

The original dealer has said they will fix everything...BUT....this involves a 1000 km trip!

So not only have I driven around for six months with a gouged caliper, I'm now supposed to burn a ridiculous amount of miles just to get it fixed.

Beyond frustrated and disappointed at this point. I really feel bad for the local sales guy who lost out on a new sale. Turned in our RX today....and we're not replacing it with a new one. This would have been a slam dunk prior to this caliper fiasco as we actually quite like the new ones.

Oh well....bring on the Benz!
Old 04-17-09 | 01:22 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Sorry to bump an old thread....BUT....after six months of runaround and being told that they would "sort out" my calipers. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the local dealership that actually damaged my calipers was washing their hands of it and I needed to deal with the original dealer who sold me and provided the wheels.

The original dealer has said they will fix everything...BUT....this involves a 1000 km trip!

So not only have I driven around for six months with a gouged caliper, I'm now supposed to burn a ridiculous amount of miles just to get it fixed.

Beyond frustrated and disappointed at this point. I really feel bad for the local sales guy who lost out on a new sale. Turned in our RX today....and we're not replacing it with a new one. This would have been a slam dunk prior to this caliper fiasco as we actually quite like the new ones.

Oh well....bring on the Benz!
nope. dont accept it.. they will pick the car up for you on a tow truck... metro lexus in cleveland... shipped mine 1000 miles in a enclosed truck to deliver mine.. im sure, that dealer could send one of those big trucks (when other cars are being delivered/picked up...)... they consistently move cars around the country
Old 04-19-09 | 07:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

seems like the problems are not to bad with the ISF as expected from any Lexus vehicle, even in its infancy
Old 04-19-09 | 08:26 PM
batdude
Driver

well, some *** in a white buick smudged my plastic behind the passenger side rear door the other day...

should have known better, walmart parking lot here in viera ... where most of the customers have their walkers with O2 bottles strapped to them in the back seat of the buick...

gonna make it a point now to write down license plate #'s when i park in "risky" areas....

god help that *** in the white buick if i see blue smudges on his car.... i'll be making use of the handy valet key in the fob for sure

doug
Old 04-20-09 | 04:58 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I think we just did your car here at Lexus of Pembroke Pines Body Shop. You just picked it up a couple of days ago, right?
Yeap that was me....
Old 04-20-09 | 05:51 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Default Several blown subs?

Anyone have a more "robust" alternative that they've tried?
Old 04-20-09 | 02:09 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF-88
I have a 2008 ISF for about 8 months now and about 8100km on the odometer. So far I have a rock chip on my rear left rim, alot of swirls and scratches(haven't detailed my car yet).Also my 3m is slightly scuffed due to a stupid small winter self accident. Thank god my 3m saved my car. Now I will have to re 3m my hood. Other then this nothing major yet.
For the price you guys keep re-doing your 3M clear bra, you could just get your entire hood and front end resprayed oem and it would look 10000 times better!

I never understood why anyone does this to their cars. i have heard stories of discoloration, peeling, damaging the existing paint underneath etc.
Old 04-20-09 | 05:00 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 8speed
For the price you guys keep re-doing your 3M clear bra, you could just get your entire hood and front end resprayed oem and it would look 10000 times better!

I never understood why anyone does this to their cars. i have heard stories of discoloration, peeling, damaging the existing paint underneath etc.

Because some of us don't live in nice weather and clean city's down south. Up north here in canada we have dirt, gravel, salt, semi trucks and trucks always spitting rocks everywhere. Most of my friends front hoods have 100's of rock chips and dings. If I lived down south I wouldn't bother with 3m. I've seen many new cars have rust on them within 1-2 yrs because all of the rock chips and dings. Without any protection car's here will rust in no time. When I use to live in Vancouver, BC Canada just west from us I never bothered with 3m either until I moved north east...
Old 04-20-09 | 07:02 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Because some of us don't live in nice weather and clean city's down south. Up north here in canada we have dirt, gravel, salt, semi trucks and trucks always spitting rocks everywhere. Most of my friends front hoods have 100's of rock chips and dings. If I lived down south I wouldn't bother with 3m. I've seen many new cars have rust on them within 1-2 yrs because all of the rock chips and dings. Without any protection car's here will rust in no time. When I use to live in Vancouver, BC Canada just west from us I never bothered with 3m either until I moved north east...

But your car comes with a huge rust proof warranty for the life of the car. Why would you be concerned with rusting after a couple years

Quick Reply: anyone **** up their F yet