Dealers with a bunch of IS-F's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08, 06:17 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers with a bunch of IS-F's?

Hi all,

Living in Portland, OR, and looking for a new/demo IS-F in the next few weeks. My question to you fine folks is this: Are there any of you in California/Seattle etc. that know of a dealership that is sitting on a large number of IS-F's that would be willing to sell one for close to invoice? I have a pretty good deal with one where I live.... just trying to beat it before I commit. I'm willing to drive it home from as far away as San Diego if the price is right.

Thanks a ton!
Old 10-10-08, 08:26 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Try Lexus of Seattle, talk to Wayne Yonke... another member was just there and said they were willing to deal pretty close to Invoice.

I'd steer clear of Lexus of Bellevue, they've got pretty crazy overhead costs to cover with that mega store.
Old 10-10-08, 11:32 AM
larrysb
Driver

I tried to buy a blue ISF from another dealer before I got a deal on my silver one. The didn't want to deal much and I walked away, respectfully.

The blue one is still out on sidewalk in front of the first dealer....
Old 10-10-08, 02:29 PM
lx470man
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larrysb
I tried to buy a blue ISF from another dealer before I got a deal on my silver one. The didn't want to deal much and I walked away, respectfully.

The blue one is still out on sidewalk in front of the first dealer....

was this stevens creek by any chance?
Old 10-10-08, 02:42 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

i'm unfamiliar on the math here.

PDX IS-F NO tax > CALIF IS-F + TAX??

for real?
Old 10-10-08, 06:59 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hapaboy
i'm unfamiliar on the math here.

PDX IS-F NO tax > CALIF IS-F + TAX??

for real?
yep, it's because the dealers here in oregon don't move because of the "no sales tax". So, I just called dealers in Cali and got my GTR delivered on an "Enclosed" truck straight to my door
Attached Thumbnails Dealers with a bunch of IS-F's?-october-6-2008-my-gtr-arrives-013resize.jpg  
Old 10-10-08, 08:16 PM
foup
Driver

I am wondering if people already canceled their GTR orders considering pretty much every stock, retirement plans or other investments lost 30..50% of their value... Maybe a good time to negotiate any car...
Old 10-10-08, 10:00 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Celsius
yep, it's because the dealers here in oregon don't move because of the "no sales tax". So, I just called dealers in Cali and got my GTR delivered on an "Enclosed" truck straight to my door
Did they charge to deliver it to your door in an enclosed trailer?
If so, how much? I am looking at transporting my car across the country and wondering about how much it would be..
Old 10-11-08, 10:43 AM
foup
Driver

The issue I have with this kind of purchase is that you must first buy the car and then they deliver it to you. The car they deliver could be the same as the one you bought with some slight scratches or dents here or there... And, obviously, you would have no way to return it, they would just "fix" it for you. But you know that every time some one "fixes" your car it's never the same again.

My previous MBZ had been damaged several times (door dent, hood dent, etc) by the biggest MBZ dealer in the US and they -obviously- kindly fixed it. I can tell you that the car never came back as "new", a picky eye would immediately catch that something had been repainted or recoated.

So I would not have a new car delivered unless I write the check when the car is parked at my place and after I inspect it.
Old 10-11-08, 10:47 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Celsius
ahh, so no wonder you're trying to save money on an F, i'm assuming you paid well over MSRP for the R35. 90+
Old 10-11-08, 06:49 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I paid $103k, but oh well!
Old 10-11-08, 08:04 PM
foup
Driver

Wow, those Nissan dealers got greedy... They should work in Wall Street Hope you are happy with your GTR.
Old 10-12-08, 01:32 AM
larrysb
Driver

When I bought my Corvette in '02, I tried to buy one locally in the Bay Area, but got nothing but that stupid, "$10k over sticker" BS. I wound up buying one from an out of state dealer in Louisiana who was a supporting dealer on corvette forum.

Deal went great, I flew down to get it and drove the car home. No problems at all. Corvettes are 50-state cars, the only thing I had to do was stop by the DMV so they could verify the California emissions tag under the hood.

LOTS of brand new Corvettes are sold and shipped all over the place, sight unseen. There are a number of dealers who specialize in inter-state Corvette sales. They've found reliable haulers to carry the cars and problems are rare.