IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

pleasanton lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-08, 08:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
So don't buy from Pleasanton then. If you can get that price from another dealer why go through the trouble to get the same deal from Pleasanton.

I've bought 10 Lexus from Magnussens. Let me know if you want my salespersons name.
exactly....... get the car from somewhere else with a better price, drive over and show it to the sales
Old 10-23-08, 10:11 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
exactly....... get the car from somewhere else with a better price, drive over and show it to the sales

Why would you encourage someone to be such a ****? You realize the salesman doesn't set the price, and is probably not very pleased to see a potential sale leave.

If someone were to do that to me, I would call every person I know at all the local Lexus stores to ensure that that person was treated exactly how they treated me when they came in for service.

To the OP - there is zero incentive to do any price quotes over the phone. Go in person.
Old 10-23-08, 10:24 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Every dealer is trying to sell cars. When i tried to buy my IS i went to Pleasanton, Fremont, Stevens creek and almost Putnam, Serramonte

You always have a choice, dont force yourself to stick with one dealership who wont negotiate. Also most of the salesmen i've visited just say "My manager wont go for that or Thats a joke of a price"

Fremont wouldnt budge and told me their price was the best in the bay area(It wasnt) and Pleasanton just wanted to match other offers(as long as i had proof). Stevens creek gave me the best deal (4.5K off MSRP).
Old 10-23-08, 10:56 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know how Texan works but here in CA, there're more than one dealer to deal with. In this turmoil economy, and year end, and with new model year on the lot, acted-greedy dealer doesn't deserve his business, even if they were willing to match the price. WTH would he give the sale to the dealer that can only match or can't be straight up front?

Dealers may be hesitated about spending time on unqualified buyers and thus insisting on dealing in person. If buyer can convince them that they have more-than-qualified FICO score or ca$h, there's no reason to deal in person.

By the way, walk-in price may be higher than internet fleet sale in some dealers. Look for ads on which dealers specifically ask potential client to mention "Internet / Fleet Sale" dept.

Originally Posted by kalvano
Why would you encourage someone to be such a ****? You realize the salesman doesn't set the price, and is probably not very pleased to see a potential sale leave.

If someone were to do that to me, I would call every person I know at all the local Lexus stores to ensure that that person was treated exactly how they treated me when they came in for service.

To the OP - there is zero incentive to do any price quotes over the phone. Go in person.
Old 10-23-08, 11:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

things work both ways. if i am not treated the way i should have been, they get the same in return. from what OP said, the dealership is just not be helpful at all, it's like take it or leave it attitude. i don't condone that at all myself. if the sales OP talk to is very helpful and nice and courteous, then i am sorry, but i don't get that feeling from his post at all. i have met sales who are very nice but they just couldn't make things happen, i am totally fine with them. it's those others who live by their ego that i don't give a damn on.

some sales pissed me off when i was shopping my ls460l. later i went back and showed her the two ls460l i brought with me. plain and simple
Old 10-24-08, 07:02 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Don't know how Texan works but here in CA, there're more than one dealer to deal with. In this turmoil economy, and year end, and with new model year on the lot, acted-greedy dealer doesn't deserve his business, even if they were willing to match the price. WTH would he give the sale to the dealer that can only match or can't be straight up front?

Dealers may be hesitated about spending time on unqualified buyers and thus insisting on dealing in person. If buyer can convince them that they have more-than-qualified FICO score or ca$h, there's no reason to deal in person.

By the way, walk-in price may be higher than internet fleet sale in some dealers. Look for ads on which dealers specifically ask potential client to mention "Internet / Fleet Sale" dept.

There's a few dealers, but you need to understand, they get tons of requests every day and the name of the game is to make money. Unless someone is sitting at my desk telling me "Do this price, and I will sign paperwork today", I have no incentive to get aggressive with pricing.

"Get me to this price and I might come in", which always then leads to wanting more off when they do come in? Which is probably not going to happen because as soon as I give them a price, they call another dealership and say "X Dealership said this, if you beat it I will come to you right now", and then they keep calling around.

It's not even worth my time, because that kind of person is never happy and I don't get paid on it anyway. I'd rather wait for someone to come into the store.
Old 10-24-08, 07:05 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

things work both ways. if i am not treated the way i should have been, they get the same in return. from what OP said, the dealership is just not be helpful at all, it's like take it or leave it attitude. i don't condone that at all myself. if the sales OP talk to is very helpful and nice and courteous, then i am sorry, but i don't get that feeling from his post at all. i have met sales who are very nice but they just couldn't make things happen, i am totally fine with them. it's those others who live by their ego that i don't give a damn on.

some sales pissed me off when i was shopping my ls460l. later i went back and showed her the two ls460l i brought with me. plain and simple
I'm a pretty nice guy, believe it or not.

But if someone calls me up and starts asking for invoice on an IS-F, I lose interest pretty quick.

First off, that's not the market here. Secondly, from my point of view, I don't make anything and still have to go through all the stuff. 3-4 hours of work on a freaking IS-F for a mini? I'm out.

I'll be polite, but I will definitely be "Here's my price, take it or leave it".
Old 10-24-08, 09:20 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys,

I went to Pleasanton Lexus on a Saturday afternoon with my g.f to shop for the car. We went as a referral from a friend who bought his IS-F there and when we got there, met up with this "other" salesman since the guy we asked for was not there. Anyways he gave us this snobby attitude that NO TEST DRIVES are allowed since you are supposed to know how the car is if you are a serious buyer (what a crock of shiet). So before I even had a chance to talk price I walked off the lot as I hate that kind of attitude. My guess is they won't deal that much anyways given what I saw so far.

Drove over to Magnusson (we bought 4 cars from them in the past 2 years) and the guy eagerly offered me to test drive one of their 4 IS-F's on the lot. He was quite knowledgeable and demo'd everything for me on the white IS-F they had and even brought out a DVD to view. I'm going to them when it's time for me to buy. My bro takes his GS there for service and gets VIP treatment too ~ great dealership!

btw I totally agree with Rominl's statement "i have met sales who are very nice but they just couldn't make things happen, i am totally fine with them. it's those others who live by their ego that i don't give a damn on." If I asked for a price and the salesman said NO it's not possible I will not be mad at all but it's the attitude that gets me.....

I test drove quite a few exotics at a local dealer and he even let me take a brand new Gallardo out with my g/f (his idea, not mine as I only asked him to drive her around a bit to give her a feel of the car)
This is the kind of customer service you remember and will refer friends to buy cars

rk

Last edited by s4play; 10-24-08 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-24-08, 10:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I'm a pretty nice guy, believe it or not.

But if someone calls me up and starts asking for invoice on an IS-F, I lose interest pretty quick.

First off, that's not the market here. Secondly, from my point of view, I don't make anything and still have to go through all the stuff. 3-4 hours of work on a freaking IS-F for a mini? I'm out.

I'll be polite, but I will definitely be "Here's my price, take it or leave it".
even selling cars at invoice dealership makes money from dealers holdback, and for fleet department they get paid for cars sold, not the price

and at the same time, the market here in cali warrants invoice. if someone asks for invoice when the car first came out? now that's pure silly
Old 10-24-08, 11:06 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

even selling cars at invoice dealership makes money from dealers holdback, and for fleet department they get paid for cars sold, not the price

and at the same time, the market here in cali warrants invoice. if someone asks for invoice when the car first came out? now that's pure silly
The dealership can make all the money in the world, but that doesn't put food on my tables, does it?

And I will go out on a limb and say the California market is, itself, pure silliness. Way too many dealerships.
Old 10-24-08, 02:12 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's all a matter of how much patience you have to put up with the back and forth bull**** with dealerships. I sat down at pleasanton and told them I was serious and the first price they gave me was still ridiculous. I just went through about 4-5 rounds with them and they ultimately sold me under invoice. You just have to stand your ground and tell them what exact price you want and don't budge and be ready to walk away. Just don't walk away immediately on their first offer. Tell them something like, "look. this price you just gave me is way off from what I told you I've already gotten from other dealerships. You're going to have to do better. I'm looking to pay $xx,xxx or I'll keep looking elsewhere".

[edited]

Last edited by rominl; 10-24-08 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-24-08, 02:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

guys, i will ask nicely again. take it to pm if you want to continue, stay on topic here before someone takes vacation.

thanks
Old 10-24-08, 02:59 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

guys, i will ask nicely again. take it to pm if you want to continue, stay on topic here before someone takes vacation.

thanks

No problem sir - I'm just answering the post with my experience and "someone" feels the need to attack me AGAIN and I never said a single word to provoke him....

Back on topic: We are lucky to be in an area where there are so many dealers to pick from so it's a win/win for us buyers. Sales people need to realize that if they treat potential buyers badly then they will be the only losers in the end.....

I've had nothing but positive experience with Magnusson so far with each car and highly recommend Gabe over there! The previous internet manager Jimmy was the guy I dealt with and he has now moved onto Stevens Creek BMW but is one of the most honest straight shooters around. He knows me personally and if I was ever to buy another BMW, I would see him no hesitation.

hope this helps everyone,
rick