IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-08, 05:15 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ALMOST didn't buy the car because of the seats. I'm 6'5", 225 or so, and when I first test drove it, I felt completely claustraphobic in the seats. They felt that they hugged me way too tight, and I felt a little sore when I got out of the car. I can say that after owning it now for a couple of weeks, that concern is totally gone. I spent about 4 hours in it the other day, in 2 hour stretches, and the seats were extremely comfortable. I must just have gotten used to them, but I am no longer bothered by the snugness at all. Don't know if that will be the same experience with you, but it was a real concern for me. Turned out to be unfounded.
Old 10-24-08, 06:00 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Thumbs down I Just Want My A** Cooler Back

I KNOW SMALL THING BUT I TRULY ENJOYED THE FAN KEEPING MY FANNY COOL. I KNOW THEY CAN'T FIT A FAN UNDER THESE SEATS, BUT I CAN ALWAYS WISH!
Old 10-24-08, 07:22 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nuttybar08
I'm 5'11" 190 and the seat/back hits me about right...properly snug without feeling cramped. If you're on the edge comfort-wise, the seat should conform over time to a better fit. Oddly enough, it was this issue (and seatbelt rub) that steered me away from a G37 coupe. The thigh bolsters are too aggressive (and squats don't help ) making the seat portion uncomfortably narrow.

As far as side bolsters go, I always scuff the outside bolster because I'm not very careful in entering/exiting the car. I'm trying to rectify that with the F.

It's funny, but I thought the G37's seats were less tight than those of the ISF. Whn I was in the seats I don't think I ever fully got to touch the back of the seats, with the side bolsters holding me in.
Old 10-24-08, 07:25 PM
bsteven43
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mm767cap
I ALMOST didn't buy the car because of the seats. I'm 6'5", 225 or so, and when I first test drove it, I felt completely claustraphobic in the seats. They felt that they hugged me way too tight, and I felt a little sore when I got out of the car. I can say that after owning it now for a couple of weeks, that concern is totally gone. I spent about 4 hours in it the other day, in 2 hour stretches, and the seats were extremely comfortable. I must just have gotten used to them, but I am no longer bothered by the snugness at all. Don't know if that will be the same experience with you, but it was a real concern for me. Turned out to be unfounded.
I appreciate all the comments but yours hits home the most. You're bigger than I am and apparently had the same initial reaction. After driving it for about an hour I found the seats to be very supportive in many ways, great lumbar support and I like the way they supported the underside of my thighs, but I was just a little sore on the sides of my ribcage. I've been afraid that I'm going to buy this thing and then seriously regret it.

Of course, on the positive side of things, it would be additional (needed) incentive to shed a few lbs.
Old 10-26-08, 06:00 PM
trdsolara
Driver School Candidate

My dad thought the exact thing and almost bought a m3 because they have adjustable side bolsters. Now he likes the seats after he got used to riding in them. One trick he initially did was ride with the lumbar support fully out which made him sit farther forward in the seat.
Old 10-26-08, 11:38 PM
larrysb
Driver

I'm 6'2" and weigh more than the original poster.

I really like the seats and the tight fitting side bolsters. It's a sporting car thing, the seats hold the driver snug in place during maneuvers, keeps you planted and in control. Go try a 911 with the upgrade sport seats for even more support. (In my opinion, the best seats bar none in the car industry).

The ISF seats are kind of squishy and soft for sport seats, but I definitely like the side bolsters.
Old 10-30-08, 05:18 PM
wrxtoisf
Driver School Candidate

im 5 11 185 and drove from ny to montreal loved evry minute seats fit like a glove