IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bad company

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-08, 10:51 PM
lx470man
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bad company

i somewhat feel like im regreting getting my isf. I seem to attracting people getting jealous and acting stupid around me.

last night a kid in a minivan, tried to run me off the road. He got in front of me and would not let me pass, and suddely braked like as if he wanted me to run into him. And was going like 3 mph in front of me. As he keept going 3mph. i suddely turned in my street going home. Well i need to get out of my car to open up my gate to get in , and in the time i opened up the gate he went around the block and caught me driving into my home. He stopped and starred at me like he wanted me to know, he knows where i live now. i know i should of gotten his plate number but i didnt.

what would you have done in that situation
Old 10-31-08, 11:07 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

copy down the license plate number, then proceed to go into my house and get my shot gun.
Old 11-01-08, 01:11 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Dude... where are you in Cali?
Old 11-01-08, 08:38 AM
lx470man
Advanced

yea, next time ill follow them and teach them a lesson on how to act on the road.
Old 11-01-08, 09:37 AM
BLOWZILLA
Rookie

open glove box, pull 45 and see what he wants...

****er follows me home its game on!
Old 11-01-08, 10:44 AM
stash84
Rookie

i definitely dont regret it but when i first got it, someone backed into it with a tow hitch, probably on purpose. im not sure. caused 2000 in damage !! i like to believe it was a stupid accident..

a couple weeks ago, i made a left turn in front of a police officer. when i reached the third traffic light, he was behind me at the red light. when the light turned green, he pulled me over for running a red light ! im not sure, once again, if it was because they were hating on me or if they are just giving random tickets to people that arent even breaking the law.

last night, halloween, some kid yelled "******" from his car window and me and my gf were wondering wtf his problem was. none of us knew him so im assuming it was just another hater..

finally, when i left the halloween party last night, another a hole started talking sh.. for NO reason as i was driving away. i forgot exactly what it was but there was definitely some hating going on..

some pretty good advice that ive heard here before is to keep your car dirty. people really dont notice that it isnt a 250/350. not that i dont think that those are nice cars but since they are more common, people dont notice you.

ultimately i dont regret my decision but i definitely understand where you are coming from. also, i would have followed that person and gotten a license plate in case anything happened in the future.
Old 11-01-08, 12:34 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone tried something stupid on me then followed me home,
well I wouldn't let him follow me home, I'd get his plates, then lose him,
but if he showed up out of no where, I'd open the trunk take out the shottie
and dump on that mo'fo

No one e'ffs with me like that lol
Or any other CL member, I got your backs
Old 11-01-08, 02:10 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

People are going to act jealous, yell bull*****, talk smack, be rude, it happens just don't let it bother you.
Old 11-01-08, 06:43 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

at the end of the day.. you got the nicer car!
Old 11-01-08, 09:08 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stash84
i definitely dont regret it but when i first got it, someone backed into it with a tow hitch, probably on purpose. im not sure. caused 2000 in damage !! i like to believe it was a stupid accident..

a couple weeks ago, i made a left turn in front of a police officer. when i reached the third traffic light, he was behind me at the red light. when the light turned green, he pulled me over for running a red light ! im not sure, once again, if it was because they were hating on me or if they are just giving random tickets to people that arent even breaking the law.

^^^Yeah, because cops hate people with nice cars, that's why they issue tickets....
Old 11-01-08, 09:31 PM
lx470man
Advanced

well by the time i turn into my street the car in front of me, has no choice but to keep going straight till 1/3 of mile to make the next turn. And well after i took the turn i thought i lost him. But within the 2 min i opened the gate he went around and went around and pulled up in front of my house comming the opposite way i came in. So obiouslt he didnt do a utrun, the *** actually went all the way around, wow this boogles my mind cause he had to be hauling *** to make it to my street going that way to at my doorstep within 2 mins.
Old 11-01-08, 10:06 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a phenomenon I suspect will eventually fade away.

I had to explain it to my friends visiting from out of town. We went to see a band playing in a bar and they didn't understand why I went out of my way to park the car in a lot across the street. Told them how the last club experience resulted in cigarettes put into to my clear bra.

Besides the looks from drivers, I get the occasional antagonizing, temptation to race, and one time an M3 *trying* to scare me with a head-on as I turned out of a lot.

The car is new, it threatens an establishment and is driven mostly by informed and deserving owners.

Screw'em
Old 11-02-08, 01:19 AM
larrysb
Driver

Geez, I feel nearly invisible in the ISF. Way different experience than when I first got my Corvette, when it seemed like every idiot out there in his mom's 81 Fairmont wagon wanted to have a go at it.

Almost no one seems to spot the F, though a few people have.
Old 11-02-08, 02:17 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

everyone takes pictures of mine.. its the license plate i got.. but its funny looking in my rear view
Old 11-03-08, 08:21 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lx470man
well by the time i turn into my street the car in front of me, has no choice but to keep going straight till 1/3 of mile to make the next turn. And well after i took the turn i thought i lost him. But within the 2 min i opened the gate he went around and went around and pulled up in front of my house comming the opposite way i came in. So obiouslt he didnt do a utrun, the *** actually went all the way around, wow this boogles my mind cause he had to be hauling *** to make it to my street going that way to at my doorstep within 2 mins.
In Cali, the best advice is to get the plate number and loose him....if it's a staker you sure don't want him to see where you live. I would have drove around for a while until I was sure! Now, each and every minute you'll be wondering what's next.

Quick Reply: bad company