IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Video: Lexus IS-F vs. C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-08, 12:52 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Video: Lexus IS-F vs. C63 AMG

I get the impression the German test driver seems to like the IS-F better. Audio is in german with english subtitles. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzp7xHaC4NA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-OE6xgpxg

Chu..
Old 11-07-08, 07:43 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Very nice, thanks for posting.
Old 11-07-08, 10:45 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome vids. Haven't seen those before! Thanks. Pretty cool to see a German driver giving props to a Japanese car. I thought he would totally be biased towards the C63.

The extra HP and displacement in the C63 doesn't amount to expected performance gains, while the handling feel and the transmission in the F is better. I'm actually surprised that most comparisons don't mention that the C63's manual shifts are delayed significantly, as with most manumatic transmissions, which is definitely a drawback.
Old 11-07-08, 10:58 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

"These damn japanese cars and their beep warnings" LOL!... Good find!
Old 11-07-08, 11:42 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool vids!

I can't imagine with the added hp and torque of the C63 what that additional body roll would feel like. I like the stability that the F provides.
Old 11-07-08, 01:32 PM
bsteven43
Driver School Candidate

What a great video ... that guy is a hoot and can drive the wheels off a car. He LOVES the car ... while some of these other tools from C&D and R&T complain about the transmission and suspension? WTF ... this guy is a race car driver and he's giggling like a school girl driving it ... what does that say?
Old 11-07-08, 02:43 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by primecut
Awesome vids. Haven't seen those before! Thanks. Pretty cool to see a German driver giving props to a Japanese car. I thought he would totally be biased towards the C63.

The extra HP and displacement in the C63 doesn't amount to expected performance gains, while the handling feel and the transmission in the F is better. I'm actually surprised that most comparisons don't mention that the C63's manual shifts are delayed significantly, as with most manumatic transmissions, which is definitely a drawback.
Not sure what you mean by extra HP and displacement not giving expected performance? New C63's are running 12 flat at 118 mph 1/4 mile with a tune....add some aggressive rubber in the rear and you're easily in the high 11's which btw is faster than a ferrari F430 and puts the C63 closely into Lambo, 911 turbo, Z06, Viper territory!

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

Last edited by 8speed; 11-07-08 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-07-08, 03:31 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Tim definitely Loves the F !
Old 11-07-08, 04:33 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8speed
Not sure what you mean by extra HP and displacement not giving expected performance? New C63's are running 12 flat at 118 mph 1/4 mile with a tune....add some aggressive rubber in the rear and you're easily in the high 11's which btw is faster than a ferrari F430 and puts the C63 closely into Lambo, 911 turbo, Z06, Viper territory!

LOL. I mean exactly what I said. 6.3L with 450hp and it still runs pretty much the same 0-60+1/4 times as its competitors. With that much hp over other cars in its class, you'd expect it to utilize it more efficiently. Why do you bother posting a tuned C63? I can post a tuned civic that runs 10s. Should I say that the new civic has great expected performance too?
Old 11-07-08, 04:34 PM
foup
Driver

You guys probably noticed the kind of racketeering our fellow Europeans have to deal with. They mentioned 70K Euros in Germany, or $90K (last time I checked it was 76.5K Euros in France), for a similarly loaded car that sells at about $65K here with taxes included (in California).

What's funny is that the same is true for German cars sold here (Porsche, Mercedes, etc) they are 20..25% cheaper here!
Old 11-07-08, 05:01 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Um no...there is no honda civic in the world with only a tune as a modification running 10's! Pretty much the same as competitors? It's the quickest car in it's class! End of story. The C63 was built to compete directly with the RS4 and M3. The benz has succeeded in this endevure and is faster across the board. I guess we agree to disagree, but your honda civic comment was completely inane and lacks credibility and merit. Can anyone else in here provide proof of a honda civic with only a tune running 10's? Thought so
Old 11-07-08, 05:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

pretty nice review i think, he seems to be pretty objective and hit the points. i am surprised he feels more feedback and better balance on the is-f over the c63. and he also commented on the slow shifting on the c63 wow
Old 11-07-08, 06:07 PM
Pair0Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Best review since Tiff took it for a spin.
Old 11-07-08, 06:07 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8speed
Um no...there is no honda civic in the world with only a tune as a modification running 10's! Pretty much the same as competitors? It's the quickest car in it's class! End of story. The C63 was built to compete directly with the RS4 and M3. The benz has succeeded in this endevure and is faster across the board. I guess we agree to disagree, but your honda civic comment was completely inane and lacks credibility and merit. Can anyone else in here provide proof of a honda civic with only a tune running 10's? Thought so
Ok, I think you completely misread my comment and then ran wild with it. Here what I said:

"The extra HP and displacement in the C63 doesn't amount to expected performance gains"

Here's what YOU think I said:
"Even when modded with extra HP, the C63 doesn't get expected performance gains"

Here's what I actually meant:
"In stock form, the C63 has extra HP and displacement compared to its competitors; However, it does not amount to expected performance gains over its competitors."

Given that I was directly responding to a video comparing a STOCK IS-F vs. a STOCK C63, I'm not sure how you can misunderstand my comment. I didn't see any tuned C63s in the video.. did you? Please read more carefully next time. Thank you.

And when you say that it's the quickest car in its class, I'm assuming you are talking about a tuned version as well. Otherwise, stock vs. stock, it's definitely NOT the quickest car.
Old 11-07-08, 06:50 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Nope...I was talking about quickest in its class as in compared to the M3, RS4, and IS-F ($60,000 sticker, four door luxury sedan, big V-8 engine etc) excluding the new CTS-V because as we all know this car is significantly more expensive and built to demolish the current M5.

More proof incase you missed it the first time!

Again, a stock C63 running a 12.3 1/4 mile is quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile than every car in its class. I don't know how else to break the news to you unless you can show "PROOOOOOOF" of any of the afore mentioned cars putting up those numbers. back at you!

Nope:

not quite:

sorry, try again:

And notice the C63's trap speed!!! Big numbers

Do you actually have proof to back up your statements or do you always spew nonsense!

Fact: C63 is the quickest car in its class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 8speed; 11-07-08 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Video: Lexus IS-F vs. C63 AMG