IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 07:36 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is-F supercharger

Does anyone know when this will be available?

The supercharger from Greddy!
Old 11-08-08, 08:32 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

no official word yet. SEMA just finished yesterday, if it was to be produced, we should be hearing about release dates soon
Old 11-09-08, 02:00 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,
Just came back from Sema...got to hear it on start up and take a few pics of it...but it is a one off...so I doubt it will go into production...plus all the heavily modded IS-F there...e.g. the twin turbo one, the five axis stroked to 5.8 Liters, and the supercharged ones haven't been tuned yet...due to problems with getting the ECU retuned...so I doubt any of these stuff will come out for the IS-F...
Old 11-09-08, 05:48 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

perhaps TRD is working on something
Old 11-09-08, 11:37 AM
tastemydus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I remember reading a post that stated the same thing

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
Hi,
Just came back from Sema...got to hear it on start up and take a few pics of it...but it is a one off...so I doubt it will go into production...plus all the heavily modded IS-F there...e.g. the twin turbo one, the five axis stroked to 5.8 Liters, and the supercharged ones haven't been tuned yet...due to problems with getting the ECU retuned...so I doubt any of these stuff will come out for the IS-F...
I wish they would come out with these mods (even though I might not have car for long)(or I might be living out of it). The Greddy Exhaust is bad *** and adding a Supercharger might make the IS-f beat the GTR. I have already found a company in CA that knows there is a high demand for these mods but they are just waiting for my car to do R&D. Hopefully I will have it long enough to let them do as much R&D as they need to so more mods will come out. I spoke to one company about building me a Supercharger and the told me I would have to pay anywhere from 10 to 20K. Has anyone called or emailed to check to see if these companies are going to produce these mods for the rest of us?
Old 11-09-08, 01:22 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I'd go the TRD route if they produce it. Warranty issues. Taste thanks for the email, I PM'd you.
Old 11-09-08, 03:09 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have lost all faith in the R&D side of things for the IS-F. While the new M3 has well over 15 aftermarket exhaust, suspension, pulley etc. offerings and the new C63 has aggresive tuning and exhaust options, our beloved IS-F is left in the dark clinging on to a $500.00 SRT intake that you have to tune spending hours of labor with a saldering kit just to install, and an exhaust by JOEZ that leaves the stock tips intact instead of a more aggresive aftermarket look like the one off greddy/trust version we have seen at Sema (which I'm sure will never be produced) and with all do respect to the boys in Cali, has been received with lackluster results and feedback at best!

The forced induction dillusions are dead! Just accept it

Last edited by 8speed; 11-09-08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 08:41 PM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 8speed
...and an exhaust by JOEZ that leaves the stock tips intact instead of a more aggresive aftermarket look like the one off greddy/trust version we have seen at Sema (which I'm sure will never be produced) and with all do respect to the boys in Cali, has been received with lackluster results and feedback at best!

The JoeZ exhaust has received "lackluster" results? Do tell.
Old 11-09-08, 08:53 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Well for starters, you can't even tell you're running a custom exhaust because it leaves the stock tips intact and they aren't exactly flying off the shelves. I personally like the fact that others know I have modified my car. Moreover, IS-F owners have been salivating for close to a year waiting for an aftermarket exhaust, yet there are barely a handfull of owners in various forums running their exhaust. If their exhaust is such a great system, then why does everyone say they are waiting for Sema?

Last edited by 8speed; 11-09-08 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 09:06 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=tastemydus;3991406] adding a Supercharger might make the IS-f beat the GTR. QUOTE]

umm, I think the IS-F will need more than a supercharger to be able to compete with the GTR. Afterall, the GTR is pratically in the 10's from just "bolt-ons".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRTGvDdqdk
Old 11-09-08, 09:22 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=Celsius;3992555]
Originally Posted by tastemydus
adding a Supercharger might make the IS-f beat the GTR. QUOTE]

umm, I think the IS-F will need more than a supercharger to be able to compete with the GTR. Afterall, the GTR is pratically in the 10's from just "bolt-ons".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRTGvDdqdk
Um, I think you will need some bolt-ons just to keep your car running!

http://jalopnik.com/5062550/nissan-t...duction-issues

Nice pass BTW, too bad you have to fly in Nismo techs from Tokyo just to change your oil

Last edited by 8speed; 11-09-08 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 09:41 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=8speed;3992598]
Originally Posted by Celsius

Um, I think you will need some boltons just to keep your car running!

Nice pass BTW, too bad you have to fly in Nismo techs from Tokyo just to change your oil
Thanks, I can afford it!
Old 11-09-08, 10:49 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Well for starters, you can't even tell you're running a custom exhaust because it leaves the stock tips intact and they aren't exactly flying off the shelves. I personally like the fact that others know I have modified my car. Moreover, IS-F owners have been salivating for close to a year waiting for an aftermarket exhaust, yet there are barely a handfull of owners in various forums running their exhaust. If their exhaust is such a great system, then why does everyone say they are waiting for Sema?
I'm quite happy what i did with my exhausts... thank you... i get compliments all the time
Old 11-09-08, 10:57 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Talking lol now that had to hurt

[QUOTE=8speed;3992598]
Originally Posted by Celsius

Um, I think you will need some bolt-ons just to keep your car running!

Old 11-09-08, 11:47 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

First off....

Yes, the car has only been out a short time and yes I remember experiencing this when I bought the ISX50 when it first came out. There were practically no exhaust setups, one intake (LMS), only springs (no coilovers). Now look at it...there are about 10 different exhausts you can choose from, 10 different intakes, 10 sets of coilovers, 10 sets of springs.

The point is, it takes time for these companies to produce a quality product. Nothing happens over night, or RIGHT after a SEMA car show event. Be patient here my friend...thing's are on their way don't worry. This is a sport tuned vehicle, companies are going to probably spend more time making products for this car then they ever did on the IS350.

Boost, or forced induction...that's a whole different scene. Who knows, yes I am looking forward to it...but if it does not happen I will still be happy at the end of the day driving my IS-F.

Quick Reply: Is-F supercharger