IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone shopping for an IS-F - Here is a great deal on a 3k mile preowned '08 w/ 3k mi

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08 | 09:21 AM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone shopping for an IS-F - Here is a great deal on a 3k mile preowned '08 w/ 3k mi

I had decided to buy an IS-F and spent the past two weeks shopping nationally and finding the absolute lowest price. Yesterday after test driving one I have decided to go another direction. I would like to let someone benefit from my hours and hours of shopping and negotiating.

This IS-F is blue/black '08 with 3k miles in Florida with over a $70k Dealer MSRP. The car has some unbelievable options and dealer upgrades, including:
Mark Levinson, Tinted windows, Painted calipers, Wind Diffuser, K40 Radar, Satellite radio, Ipod adapter, DVD screens in the back seat rests, and more...

This IS-F is listed on the Auto Trader for $54,900 (link provided at the bottom). After extensive negotiating and throwing out many $47k offers to many dealers, I was able to get this dealer to accept 48k for this IS-F, which in my searches was the best deal I was able to find nationally.

The dealer contact name is Jack. He might not want to accept this price upon first contact, but tell him Dan from Seattle referred you and he should acknowledge offering this price to me and sell it to you for the same...

As a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the dealer and have not seen the vehicle in person so anyone wanting to pursue will need to do their own due diligence... In the course of doing my own due diligence and reserach I disovered a web site posting a very bad experience with this dealer by a customer that bought a 98 oldsmobile that blew up 4 days after they purchased it. My feeling is this stuff can happen to any dealer and that an '08 with 3,300 miles under warranty shouldn't pose much risk, but like I said--if you decide to pursue it, please do your own due diligence!

Here is the Auto Trader Ad Link
Old 11-10-08 | 12:55 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Seems like a sweet deal maybe i could trade my 2 is's lol...
Old 11-10-08 | 04:57 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I'm looking... Buts thats just to far away. 500+ miles. Nice car though
Old 11-10-08 | 09:33 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I'm looking... Buts thats just to far away. 500+ miles. Nice car though

Too far? I was going to transport it to Seattle LOL!

For the right car that is nothing. Quick flight in and get to drive it back in 8-10 hours. Transportation costs for 500 miles is very reasonable and given the price it would likely be worth it as I doubt you'll find another one with as many options for that price!
Old 11-11-08 | 11:39 AM
EvoTengoku
Driver School Candidate

I might have seen this car before. My brother bought his IS250 from Lexus of Orlando. Do all IS-F come with color matched brake calipers? This might be one of the managers personal vehicles. He was talking to me about the car. Or, this could have been the IS-F they let me test drive. It was in the show room floor.
Old 11-11-08 | 03:53 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EvoTengoku
I might have seen this car before. My brother bought his IS250 from Lexus of Orlando. Do all IS-F come with color matched brake calipers? This might be one of the managers personal vehicles. He was talking to me about the car. Or, this could have been the IS-F they let me test drive. It was in the show room floor.
I don't believe the calipers come from the factory painted and they are listed as an the option on the window sticker. I'm unsure whether it it was a factory or dealer installed option.

If it was the manager's personal vehicle, I'm unsure how it would have ended up with the current non-Lexus dealer as it seems Lexus would have been more than capable of selling it themselves...
Old 11-11-08 | 06:49 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by dvhoozer
I had decided to buy an IS-F and spent the past two weeks shopping nationally and finding the absolute lowest price. Yesterday after test driving one I have decided to go another direction. I would like to let someone benefit from my hours and hours of shopping and negotiating.

This IS-F is blue/black '08 with 3k miles in Florida with over a $70k Dealer MSRP. The car has some unbelievable options and dealer upgrades, including:
Mark Levinson, Tinted windows, Painted calipers, Wind Diffuser, K40 Radar, Satellite radio, Ipod adapter, DVD screens in the back seat rests, and more...

This IS-F is listed on the Auto Trader for $54,900 (link provided at the bottom). After extensive negotiating and throwing out many $47k offers to many dealers, I was able to get this dealer to accept 48k for this IS-F, which in my searches was the best deal I was able to find nationally.

The dealer contact name is Jack. He might not want to accept this price upon first contact, but tell him Dan from Seattle referred you and he should acknowledge offering this price to me and sell it to you for the same...

As a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the dealer and have not seen the vehicle in person so anyone wanting to pursue will need to do their own due diligence... In the course of doing my own due diligence and reserach I disovered a web site posting a very bad experience with this dealer by a customer that bought a 98 oldsmobile that blew up 4 days after they purchased it. My feeling is this stuff can happen to any dealer and that an '08 with 3,300 miles under warranty shouldn't pose much risk, but like I said--if you decide to pursue it, please do your own due diligence!

Here is the Auto Trader Ad Link
Is-f over 70 k msrp cant happen!
Old 11-11-08 | 08:30 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DFLORES
Is-f over 70 k msrp cant happen!
Well you are thinking of factory options. This car had many dealer installed options that were on the 2nd sticker. The tinted windows, K40, painted calipers, for example were all on the 2nd sticker.
Old 11-12-08 | 09:04 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Guys options or no options, that is a KILLER deal on a 2008 with only 3k miles!!!!

I've been shopping casually for now and that is a great price no matter how you cut it.

rick
Old 11-12-08 | 09:58 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

lol. read the disclaimer... thats prob why...
Old 11-12-08 | 02:49 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s4play
Guys options or no options, that is a KILLER deal on a 2008 with only 3k miles!!!!

I've been shopping casually for now and that is a great price no matter how you cut it.

rick
Glad to hear someone agrees... I couldn't find anything close to this and I looked at everything on the market as of late last week. There is a Red one with around 300 - 400 miles that is priced at $47,900, but I don't believe it has Mark Levinson and I just couldn't do Red...

Originally Posted by btwanky
lol. read the disclaimer... thats prob why...
What disclaimer? I must have missed that unless you are referring to my comments about the person that posted about the bad experience. In reality that would make no difference to me as it is not like there is much risk with a 2008 model under warranty with 3k miles, especially if you buy it subject to a dealership inspection to make sure it hasn't been repainted or abused. With the cars these days the dealer can download logged data and gain so much information about how the car has been driven that it is very helpful to prospective buyers...

Last edited by dvhoozer; 11-12-08 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-13-08 | 01:08 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

What disclaimer? I must have missed that unless you are referring to my comments about the person that posted about the bad experience. In reality that would make no difference to me as it is not like there is much risk with a 2008 model under warranty with 3k miles, especially if you buy it subject to a dealership inspection to make sure it hasn't been repainted or abused. With the cars these days the dealer can download logged data and gain so much information about how the car has been driven that it is very helpful to prospective buyers...
Disclaimer
Car may have minor road chips, light scratches, wheel scuffs, etc. Depending on the age of the vehicle normal wear and tear should be anticipated. We may or may not have all the keys and floor mats. We will be happy to obtain extra ones for you at our Dealer cost. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty, all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty.
Old 11-13-08 | 03:19 PM
dvhoozer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by btwanky
Disclaimer
Car may have minor road chips, light scratches, wheel scuffs, etc. Depending on the age of the vehicle normal wear and tear should be anticipated. We may or may not have all the keys and floor mats. We will be happy to obtain extra ones for you at our Dealer cost. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty, all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty.
That just looks like a general disclosure. I'd be very surprised if a 3k mile '08 model had all those issues; however, that is what an $90 inspection accomplishes.
Old 11-13-08 | 03:48 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Exclamation sounds to good to be true

Originally Posted by dvhoozer
That just looks like a general disclosure. I'd be very surprised if a 3k mile '08 model had all those issues; however, that is what an $90 inspection accomplishes.
I would love to see the 3 carfax reports. This vehicle could have been in a major accident(s). How does a vehicle go from 70K to 47K specially with all of those mods. Please if someone does pay to see the car fax reports can you post them.
Old 11-14-08 | 06:37 AM
EvoTengoku
Driver School Candidate

If its the one im thinking about from Lexus of Orlando, i'm sure many people have beat on this car.

Quick Reply: Anyone shopping for an IS-F - Here is a great deal on a 3k mile preowned '08 w/ 3k mi