IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Last chance to fight for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-08, 01:34 PM
RyanQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last chance to fight for ISF

It's so sad that the wifey doesn't want ISF anymore as she said I won't be able to fully use its potential in Minnesouta and "60k Lexus is still a Lexus". There is no track near twincity MN, right? She set her mind on GS now However, we gonna test drive them and might be let my father in-law have a test drive as well.
I'm thinking of sequence or way to let them like the ISF more than GS, maybe GS first then ISF so they can see the WOW factor of sound + accel of ISF. So had anyone here come across making decision between GS and ISF and end up in ISF? If so, which car did you test drive first? He does not into car and drive 95 coupe auto accord daily. Should I convince her dad to drive both car or not since he may voice up additional opinion?
We gonna check them out this Weds. ISF sure be more fun for me than GS but we gonna use it daily with a baby on the backseat and +3months per year, the street will be covered with snow and ice.
Old 11-10-08, 01:43 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, get a spine. If you want the IS F over the GS then make it happen. You can get snow tires for it.
Old 11-10-08, 01:53 PM
khoongy
Driver

i think whoever pays for it should decide...but with your baby maybe the GS is the right way to go....the ISF roar might wake him/her up
Old 11-10-08, 02:14 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately it sounds like the GS is more suitable for your needs, as it'll be much more comfortable and convenient for your family. Having a 400+ hp car with a baby seems like conflicting interests to me. On one hand, if you use its potential then you may put the baby at risk, but if you don't, then why bother having it? Tough decision...
Old 11-10-08, 02:18 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Dont let the wife find out about the AWD GS. Then you will be getting on of those for sure
Old 11-10-08, 02:20 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by primecut
Having a 400+ hp car with a baby seems like conflicting interests to me. On one hand, if you use its potential then you may put the baby at risk, but if you don't, then why bother having it? Tough decision...
Dude don't say stuff like that, my wife might see it....lol Part of my selling her on it was that it will easily fit a baby seat in the back when we need it...it is a sedan right? Don't have to drive it like an a** when baby's on-board...that's for playtime. Great stress relief when you need it
Old 11-10-08, 02:29 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

trade you an 07 AWD GS Blk/blk + cash for your F

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Dude, get a spine.
lol... bit harsh... but funny
Old 11-10-08, 02:31 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

It is a 4 door sedan. It is much more convenient for small children than a two door or a convert. My wife sold her TA conv. when the grandchildren were born because of the difficulty of placing a small one into its car seat in the back of the conv. Now since a car seat is no longer required she has the BMW conv.
Old 11-10-08, 02:42 PM
50ISF50
Rookie

Is this going to be primarily your car or her car? I got the ISF in March and we had a newborn about a month ago. I will admit that the back seats in the ISF are tight for a rearfacing baby seat. However, we take the wifey's car for most trips with the baby and the ISF is my daily commuter. The engine noise is actually a plus for the baby as it provides white noise to help her sleep.

In terms of sequence, I would go with ISF first and then GS. She'll see the power lag with the second car and the room difference won't be as noticeable when going from smaller to larger rather than the other way around.
Old 11-10-08, 03:55 PM
RyanQ
Driver School Candidate

if it's the ISF, I'll drive it more than her but if it's GS, i'll let her drive it and i'll drive the SUV.

The boy is almost 1 now. And with either car, i won't drive fast when i'm in it. I remember when the baby still rear facing, a second round in the pilot is just barely enough space for his carseat.

I'll try your sequence, 50isf50.
Old 11-10-08, 08:56 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RyanQ
if it's the ISF, I'll drive it more than her but if it's GS, i'll let her drive it and i'll drive the SUV.

The boy is almost 1 now. And with either car, i won't drive fast when i'm in it. I remember when the baby still rear facing, a second round in the pilot is just barely enough space for his carseat.

I traded in my 07GS for the ISF..way different car....the F is more of a beast and the GS is well...more of the luxury type with lots of room......about the car seat....its a tight fit when it comes to the ISF, luckily I have a daily drive to take the baby in. honestly, the baby likes the bumpy ride more than the soft ride
Old 11-10-08, 09:02 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

man.. she will be mad for a month or so! but buy the IS-F!!! think of the years of happiness you will have and just 1 month or fighting lol
Old 11-10-08, 09:25 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

let her drive the suv since its bigger and have room for the kid and You buy the IS-F forget about the GS
Old 11-11-08, 03:19 PM
50ISF50
Rookie

Originally Posted by RyanQ

Good luck and keep us posted. Can't go wrong with either car, but you'l be more right with the ISF. If you get the GS, get the hybrid as it is the second fastest stock Lexus.
Old 11-11-08, 09:37 PM
RyanQ
Driver School Candidate

No test drive yet, just me all by myself as first dealer working out the deal. ISF, only 08 black on black avai with 56k before tax. No 09 avail. And the dealer rep suggest I better get winter tire fast for that car or no drive in this weather.
08gs350 awd for 46300 and 09gs350 awd for 51. Gonna let the wifey have some test drive tomorrow if there is no icy road.

Quick Reply: Last chance to fight for ISF