IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 06:27 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemma

So I know there's been a few posts on this topic before, but I'm truly flustered and anxious.

I currently have a 2007 IS350. I've been lurking in the F forums and keep seeing pictures of people's beautiful F's and I keep contemplating a trade.

I just hate the fact the dealers I've dealt with are absolutely not budging more than 1k on the price. I know I'm going to take a hit on my 350, but I'd still like to make some of it up by getting a good deal on an F.

I just don't know what to do...

So the question is: To F or not to F.
Old 11-24-08, 06:29 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold off for a while, while the economy sinks some more.
Old 11-24-08, 08:26 PM
cm09578
Lead Lap

I had a 2006 IS350, traded it in on my ISF. No regrets!
Old 11-24-08, 08:37 PM
Youngie
Rookie

Just test drive the isf in sport mode w/ paddle shift and it'll help u make your decision ALOT easier. That's what I did. Look @ my signature.
Old 11-24-08, 08:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,966 Likes on 2,402 Posts

Originally Posted by DeviousOne
So I know there's been a few posts on this topic before, but I'm truly flustered and anxious.

I currently have a 2007 IS350. I've been lurking in the F forums and keep seeing pictures of people's beautiful F's and I keep contemplating a trade.

I just hate the fact the dealers I've dealt with are absolutely not budging more than 1k on the price. I know I'm going to take a hit on my 350, but I'd still like to make some of it up by getting a good deal on an F.

I'm in the same boat. Here's the deal - you need to expand your horizons looking for the car. There are dealers who are discounting heavily off MSRP and advertising it on Autotrader. Maybe you'll need to travel to get the deal you want, but they're definitely out there. There are quite a few very lightly used IS-Fs as well, many of them in the high 40's and still eligible for new car financing if you need to finance.

Finally, December to Remember is just a week away. Be a little patient, you might save a LOT. That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-24-08, 08:53 PM
cm09578
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Youngie
Just test drive the isf in sport mode w/ paddle shift and it'll help u make your decision ALOT easier. That's what I did. Look @ my signature.
I 2nd that!...lol..
Old 11-25-08, 11:00 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

That's a tough decision, since your car is so new. If you trade it in now, then you are eating the massive initial depreciation. You should be able to get a great deal on an F right now, but you would also get jacked by the trade-in. Good luck nevertheless!
Old 11-25-08, 11:24 PM
lexusjunky
Rookie

I think you'll get a better deal if you sell your car and shop around at different dealers. Sooner or late the 2008 will have to sell some how....unless those lucky employees gets those huge savings off of it.
Old 11-26-08, 07:41 AM
mm767cap
Driver

You are in California? I found several dealerships in both the Bay Area and So Cal who were more than willing to go to invoice for a 2008 IS-F. Should be easy to find down there.
Old 11-26-08, 01:35 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mm767cap
You are in California? I found several dealerships in both the Bay Area and So Cal who were more than willing to go to invoice for a 2008 IS-F. Should be easy to find down there.
Correct....
Invoice is very easy right now for 2008 IS-F's sitting on the dealer lots..

- Joe Z
Old 11-26-08, 01:42 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold off for a while if you are tight on $$$... but if you have a stable job and can afford the new payments...go for it! You only live once...
Old 11-26-08, 02:12 PM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

i think you should chill until something big happens.
Old 11-28-08, 03:36 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

I do have a steady job and make decent money. I can afford the car, it just might slightly affect my drinking/entertainment funds.

I'm just undecided. I think its the factor of having the "fast" "sporty" version of the car that's killing me.

Should I try and sell privately or trade in? I'm sure private sale would be best, but it can be lengthy and in times like these, who know if I'll find a buyer.
Old 11-28-08, 06:23 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should I try and sell privately or trade in? I'm sure private sale would be best, but it can be lengthy and in times like these, who know if I'll find a buyer.
Do not even think about trade-in, private seller is the only way to go to get half decent money out of your car. The key is to take a ton of pics of your (clean) car and to write up a little something about how awesome the car is, from a user point of view then put it on eBay, CraigList and Auto Trader... Then wait... This is hardest part. I have sold 3 cars and 2 motorcycle this way, always above KBB trade-in value !
Old 11-28-08, 08:16 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Try to get dealer to give you $1000 more than a KBB trade in....Make sure you don't pay more than a invoice for IS-F..This process will take some negotiations and will take less time than selling the car privately ...anyways Good luck

Quick Reply: Dilemma