IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tint nightmare (karma for 8speed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 04:36 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tint nightmare (karma for 8speed)

So after going to X-press tinting in Virginia Beach (a place recommended to me) I decided to get their best tint job in 20% all around. After the job was complete I was shocked to see that in the back windshield around the rear brake light, that the installer decided to make a cutout around the light leaving a silhouette because he could not get his tool back behind the light assembly. I told him that it looked terrible and that I wanted the job redone. So I went back the fallowing week during which my driver side tint was curling up at the bottom by the small speaker and had to be redone as well to the explanation that is was simply "technical error". After the second attempt at my driver side window, he said that upon peeling the tint off the back that the defrost contacts were peeling off with the tint and that he has to replace the entire back windshield!!!!

He contacted Lexus for a quote ($700.00) installed and that the tint company would "cover" all costs.

So to summarize, I went in for a tint job for my $62,000 Lexus IS-F and three weeks later I am awaiting a new rear windshield and still have a sihouette around the rear brake light.

Most if not all of you despise me so I will chalk this one up to Karma, and I couldn't agree more. I'm a walking disaster who spews inane nonsense and incredulous jibberish because I was repeatedly beaten as a child by a psychrophilic alchoholic father who's preferred weapon of choice was a wolverine steel toed workboot.....I should have been banned weeks ago!
Old 11-25-08, 04:41 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 8speed
So after going to X-press tinting in Virginia Beach (a place recommended to me) I decided to get their best tint job in 20% all around. After the job was complete I was shocked to see that in the back windshield around the rear brake light, that the installer decided to make a cutout around the light leaving a silhouette because he could not get his tool back behind the light assembly. I told him that it looked terrible and that I wanted the job redone. So I went back the fallowing week during which my driver side tint was curling up at the bottom by the small speaker and had to be redone as well to the explanation that is was simply "technical error". After the second attempt at my driver side window, he said that upon peeling the tint off the back that the defrost contacts were peeling off with the tint and that he has to replace the entire back windshield!!!!

He contacted Lexus for a quote ($700.00) installed and that the tint company would "cover" all costs.

So to summarize, I went in for a tint job for my $62,000 Lexus IS-F and three weeks later I am awaiting a new rear windshield and still have a sihouette around the rear brake light.

Most if not all of you despise me so I will chalk this one up to Karma, and I couldn't agree more. I'm a walking disaster who spews inane nonsense and incredulous jibberish because I was repeatedly beaten as a child by a psychrophilic alchoholic father who's preferred weapon of choice was a wolverine steel toed workboot.....I should have been banned weeks ago!

You went to a sh|tty place if they couldn't get behind the brake light. My tint people were able to get behind it just fine.
Old 11-25-08, 04:43 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Damage
You went to a sh|tty place if they couldn't get behind the brake light. My tint people were able to get behind it just fine.

Captain obvious
Old 11-25-08, 04:54 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

So what do you suppose karma is getting you back for?
Old 11-25-08, 04:58 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
Because I'm an A-hole and treat people poorly
Old 11-25-08, 05:11 PM
Damage
Advanced

Originally Posted by montgb
probably for being a troll on other forums.

eg.
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-am...hate-pics.html
Old 11-25-08, 05:35 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Lol....sorry about your bad luck with the tinting....kinda makes you wish you would have bucked up with the dealer and had it done right

I will apologize in advance of this next comment to protect my own:

but isn't this the definition of karma
Old 11-25-08, 05:39 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Damage
probably for being a troll on other forums.

eg.
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-am...hate-pics.html
For sure....they are almost as bad you guys in here! They honestly think the C63 is the fastest production car ever built.......but every single one of them is trying to get their cars re-flashed
Old 11-25-08, 05:41 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

So does this mean you will start to think before speaking (typing) on the forums? My wife is from a family of Buddhism and I've got a pretty good understand how Karma works. Kinda keeps me in check most of the time.
Old 11-25-08, 05:41 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, I wouldn't say the shop does a bad tint job because they cut out the 3rd brake light. Well the door is another story. In fact, the correct way to do it IS to cut it out due safety reasons, but we don't care about it much do we. for example, people with limo dark tints, u cant see the 3rd brake light at all. Its prolly a law or some sort but nobody cares.

When I went and got my tints done I had asked if the rear was a 1 or 2 piece (yes, there are places that use 2 pieces... guess its a cheap way of saving money) and made sure they didnt cut the brake light portion out.

Ask before or be sorry that you didn't.
Old 11-25-08, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well at least now he should be able to easily tint the windshield first before installing so he doesn't have to worry about the 3rd brake light, ha!
Old 11-25-08, 06:49 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 8speed
For sure....they are almost as bad you guys in here! They honestly think the C63 is the fastest production car ever built.......but every single one of them is trying to get their cars re-flashed
If you're talking stock, which 99% of our IS F's are at this point, we'll ALL be staring at their tail lights in straight lines? How do you slag a car that will bury you in the kind of racing you talk about all the time on here?

You make all of the rest of us look like jackasses.