IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 01:25 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batdude
btw, i called my local lexus dealer today... what a hoot.

"Lexus of Melbourne, how may I help you"
"oh, installing THAT (exhaust) will DEFINATELY void your warranty!"
"if it was sold by US (i.e. Lexus), then we could install it...."

oh well.....

doug
All the guys at me dealer love the fact that my is modded. I always end up sharing race stories for the length of my service lol.

Ask them if its fine at other dealers would they mind you taking your future services elsewhere
Old 04-16-09, 09:24 PM
lx470man
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default joe z exhaust install

hey guys for those that installed it themselves. I took off the front section of the exhuast but it wont come down cause of 2 cross beams. theres one that is a flat piece and another one that is tubular. I took off the flat piece as though it is self explanatory where it is connetced, but the circular tube i have no idea where to unbolt it how the hell do you takw that off so i can get this crap *** exhuast off.
Old 04-17-09, 01:04 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Perhaps a qualified mechanic or someone with the right tools can help you do the job. Installing that exhaust isn't really a one man deal. Since you're local in the South Bay, maybe you can take it to nearby Exact Motorsports to get it installed?
Old 04-17-09, 04:11 PM
lx470man
Advanced

well i finally finsihed the install. ok first thing.

THIS IS NOT A 1 PERSON JOB AHHHHHHH!

i am sore,bruised,tired,exhausted. this install was a bia*^% to do.especially without help, and without a lift.

well i fired her up and HOLLY HELL! what the hell, how could a car sound so disgustingly sexy. JESUS OF ALL THATS GOOD, this is the sweetest thing in the world. i cant explain, you need to hear this in person, the videos on youtube dont do it justice.

and lastly i want to thank one person especially, Clark from vip auto salon. He is the man,every email you send him he send you back a response within 3 hours and even at times within the hour. customer service is top notch, cant get any better. he has been very helpful and very patient with all my emails.

if you plan on getting anything for the f go to clark at vip. hands down no one eles compares period!
Old 04-17-09, 04:19 PM
1LSsport
Driver

Originally Posted by lx470man

i am sore,bruised,tired,exhausted. this install was a bia*^% to do.especially without help, and without a lift.

well i fired her up and HOLLY HELL! what the hell, how could a car sound so disgustingly sexy. JESUS OF ALL THATS GOOD, this is the sweetest thing in the world. i cant explain, you need to hear this in person, the videos on youtube dont do it justice.

and lastly i want to thank one person especially, Clark from vip auto salon. He is the man,every email you send him he send you back a response within 3 hours and even at times within the hour. customer service is top notch, cant get any better. he has been very helpful and very patient with all my emails.

if you plan on getting anything for the f go to clark at vip. hands down no one eles compares period!
Take 2 tylenol ( for the body aches ) and call clark and place an order for the JoeZ intake, install it and you will be amaze when your hear the screaming sexy girl past 4000 rpm
Old 04-17-09, 04:31 PM
batdude
Driver

oh yeah, it's a 1 man job alright.

IF you are a pro and have the right tools (i.e. pneumatics)

IF you have a hydraulic lift

and

IF you have wind up stands to support the exhaust

however, yes, it is the sexiest thing you have ever heard with a Lexus badge on it.... matter of fact i find myself putting it in neutral at red lights just to hear the engine....screw the stereo.

doug
Old 04-17-09, 05:28 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It's nice to hear you like it. Sorry about the tough install, it is definitely a two person job but it is all worthwhile Have you driven around yet or just started it up?

Like mytylex said, now it's time for the Joe Z intake from Clark
Old 04-17-09, 08:04 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lx470man

The exact reason why I would throw down 100 bucks and have a grease monkey with a lift spend an hour and do it for me.
Old 04-18-09, 12:53 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

have any pics?
Old 04-18-09, 04:01 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Well I gave in and ordered mine today... with all the chaos of how great it is I'm going to join the rest of you!!

Do you think I will still need to purchase the special tool for the O2 sensor or should a local exhaust/muffler shop have them?
Old 04-18-09, 09:41 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Just bought this at my local autozone for $10. Hope it works. Won't know until I get my exhaust ordered and try to remove the sensor.

http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/index....D&ProdID=11814
Old 04-18-09, 09:54 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the right tool for the O2 sensors.

Pat
Old 04-18-09, 11:55 PM
lx470man
Advanced

it works just did the install with the exact same tool from autozone. just be careful cause it is easy to strip the o2 sensor.
Old 04-19-09, 12:00 AM
lx470man
Advanced

for those who have this exhuast? isnt it too loud for you? i drove the car 2 times now on the street and god its loud. I dont think i could live with it, it is just way over the top loud and with some drone. Dont you guys get pulled over by the cops cause it is soooo loud? if this doesnt get any quieter significantly i dont think i can live with it. its like the invidia cat back for my s2000, it was way tooo loud that i returned it within driving my s2000 for 4 blocks.
Old 04-19-09, 08:27 AM
lx470man
Advanced

no one? can chime in?

Quick Reply: Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics