IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF with F-SPORT wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-08, 07:13 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
From the way it scratched the rear caliper, I believe it would work with a spacer. But, as has been said, IMHO, it's not a very attractive wheel.

Lou
Umm...you're kidding right...there was NO way that I was going to be "improvising" to make some mediocre wheels fit on my $70K ride.

The SA suggested a spacer and I looked at him like he just stepped off the mothership. They immediately put the BBS wheels back on, and I told them I would source new wheels that actually fit myself.
Btw, I'm not sure if I ever thanked them on here, but a big to tirerack.com for hooking me up.
Old 12-21-08, 07:21 PM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U dont need spacers to place f-sports on a ISF, i have no idea how that "guy OR dealer" did that to the calipers!!! The pics from the rear calipers, the f-sports have an ADDITIONAL 15mm clearance in the rear, so that just doesnt make any sence...I agree that the wheels are not the "greats" looking wheel, maybe if there were other color options like silver, maybe they would look better....The reason is, in my belive, is that they are lighter by about think 3-4pounds (even though their both forged), the matte black might actually look pretty good on a blue ISF and the offset being more agressive front and rear they would give the ISF a better stance, also the fitment would be perfect bc they would be hubcentric to the car...THat Y i am askin 4 pics so that i can get an idea...
Old 12-21-08, 07:32 PM
derfp2
Driver

CDNROCKIES, can u post more pics of what happend?....BC from that one limited pic, that wheel does not look like the f-sport wheels...The f-sports are the 19" wheels, the new ones lexus just came out with. U might be confusing the wheels?!?
Old 12-21-08, 07:37 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by derfp2
CDNROCKIES, can u post more pics of what happend?....BC from that one limited pic, that wheel does not look like the f-sport wheels...The f-sports are the 19" wheels, the new ones lexus just came out with. U might be confusing the wheels?!?
No, those aren't the F-sport wheels obviously.

The F-sport's didn't fit so I put OZ Ultraleggera's on. It is the calipers that haven't been replaced yet.

I'm not confusing anything. The standard F-sport set up DOES NOT fit. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

There has been other discussions and I think (again, search to see if this is correct), that if you take four front wheel F-sport's they will fit. But the standard front/rear F-sport DO NOT fit.

P.S. They only look ok on an F, especially SGM like mine. They might be worthwhile for a winter set up, but definitely not for regular driving. There are so many better looking wheels that aren't the same as Ix50 wheels. (Again, no disrespect to ISx50 owners).
Old 12-21-08, 08:08 PM
derfp2
Driver

Guess u didnt take pics of when they installed the f-sports on ur ISF:-(.....Any pics of the OZ's? >>>>So if i understand right, the fronts cleared but the backs didnt, right? Thats just so weird, bc of the offsets!
Old 12-21-08, 08:12 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

I think the OZ supers that tirerack sells are decent for the price and for a cast wheel. I like the black finish option as well

I think this topic has been beaten to death about the F-Sport wheels not fitting on the IS-F so lets leave that horse to die a tranquil death out in the pasture......shall we
Old 12-21-08, 08:16 PM
derfp2
Driver

really, havent seen anyone talk about before.....anyways, im just askin for pics...
Old 12-21-08, 08:32 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...re48-isf13.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...re46-isf11.jpg

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...l-close-up.jpg
Old 12-21-08, 08:43 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

I still feel bad for the trouble you had to deal with this dealership...

A simple common sense Rim test fit would have revealed this issue.. !
All they had to do was a wheel test fit with no tires on them and they would have seen that the inner face of the F-Sport wheel was obviously hitting the caliper..

What kind of delay's are they stating for the rear caliper replacment??

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Well here is a pic of what the F sport wheels did to my rear calipers. I had the "pleasure" of watching them put my car down and roll it out as it made this awful grinding, metal on metal noise. Of course, they immediately stopped it and jacked it up and this is the result.

If you search the other threads, I do believe that if you were to put the front wheels only from the F-sport at the rear as well they will clear. (Please correct this if wrong). But the factory front/rear fitment for F-sport DEFINITELY does not work.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the dealer to rectify their screw up!
Old 12-21-08, 08:51 PM
derfp2
Driver

THANX BRO.....guess 18"s? If u dont mind, what size. width, offset, weight w/ tire....What kind of tires (do they work well in the winter dry and snow on the ISF?? and do u like them) also what size etc.... :-) i know im askin alot....Do u have the NeimusMarks edition??, if so post some pics of the interior differences and the exterior stock wheels fron diff angles....again, thanx...ur no rockie...
Old 12-21-08, 09:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Do you have the actual weight of the IS-F BBS wheels??

Here are the F-Sport Forged Aluminum Wheel Weights
Front = 20.5 lbs
Rear = 21.5 lbs

There is a picture above that shows a rear IS-F caliper damaged from an attempted F-Sport Winter Tire combo install..

I am not sure which wheel size they tried to use, but it clearly didn't work.

The Front IS350 calipers are larger perse left to right, but the Front IS-F Brembo calipers are larger in the up and down measurement.

The f-sport wheels ARE way lighter than the stock ISF wheels FYI....I do like the ISF wheels but the offset sucks!! their almost the same as the is350 18"....The ISFs are 19x8 w/ 45 offset front and the rears 19x9 w/ 55 offset (horrible). The F-sports are 19x8 w/ 40 and 19x9 w/ 40 respectively...SOO now way would they rub the rear caliper on the ISF, the offset is higher, which means the wheels stick out more. I know that apparently the ISF front wheels will NOT clear the is350 front calipers bc they are more bulky than the isf front calipers, think if u use a 3mm spacer it will work. SO if lexus made the f-sports wheels to clear the bulkier is350 front calipers, off course their gona clear the ISF's "thinner" calipers....I know that people have done this, so pics would help!!!
Old 12-21-08, 09:02 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I still feel bad for the trouble you had to deal with this dealership...

A simple common sense Rim test fit would have revealed this issue.. !
All they had to do was a wheel test fit with no tires on them and they would have seen that the inner face of the F-Sport wheel was obviously hitting the caliper..

What kind of delay's are they stating for the rear caliper replacment??
Thanks Joe, I appreciate it.

You are absolutely right....they only rim tested the front wheels and assumed since the front was good the rear was good too.

The most ridiculous part is that both dealerships that I use were going to make the exact same mistake. The one dealership even had the wheels/tires on display and had an appointment booked for the very next morning to F up someone else's F.

When's the repair? Who knows?
I've been too busy and the dealerships haven't been very interested in dealing with this quickly. They have agreed that they will be responsible to fix it, but when? Maybe they'll make up for it by doing the entire brakes.
Old 12-21-08, 09:09 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

THANX BRO.....guess 18"s? If u dont mind, what size. width, offset, weight w/ tire....What kind of tires (do they work well in the winter dry and snow on the ISF?? and do u like them) also what size etc.... :-) i know im askin alot....Do u have the NeimusMarks edition??, if so post some pics of the interior differences and the exterior stock wheels fron diff angles....again, thanx...ur no rockie...
Yes, they are 225/45/18's all the way around with Blizzak LM-25V's as I see a ridiculous amount of snow and ice. The offset you can find on tirerack, I'm not sure.

The Blizzak's are awesome in the winter. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-snow.html

Other's have had good success with different set-ups, but mine works for the conditions I see.

No, I don't have the NM version and I've never seen one.
Old 12-21-08, 09:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 8speed
My educated guess is that the well is dry and that all of TRD's venture cap went completely into the production of the IS-F with nothing left over.
Sorry on the Post Fail....

TRD Venture cap had nothing to do with the IS-F... The IS-F Story.

The IS-F came out of the brains of Lexus Chief Engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi, Lexus Japan.

- Joe Z
Old 12-21-08, 09:24 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sorry on the Post Fail....

TRD Venture cap had nothing to do with the IS-F... The IS-F Story.

The IS-F came out of the brains of Lexus Chief Engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi, Lexus Japan.

- Joe Z
I thought this was an F-sport wheels thread

Regardless of who or what was the brain child and impetus behind the IS-F, the fact remains that Lexus is behind the curve and late to the party so to speak compared to rivals AMG and M in regards to R&D. Let's get back on topic shall we

Quick Reply: ISF with F-SPORT wheels???