IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF with F-SPORT wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-08, 06:31 PM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF with F-SPORT wheels???

Are there any ISF's with f-sport wheels on them?? If so, can u post pics....I think the f-sport wheels are actually lighter than the isf's and the offset alittle more agressive...Also the matte black on the f-sport wheels might look better on a BLUE isf then the stocks!! Please post pics if someone has done this......thanx
Old 12-20-08, 07:17 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think the F sport wheels will fit on the IS-F....I thought they only fit the 250 RWD and 350....
Old 12-20-08, 08:05 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

it will fit 100% since there is a guy who did fit OEM Lexus 2IS wheels to IS-F and they did the other way around everything fits on 2IS will fit on IS-F same thing as the other way around.
Old 12-20-08, 09:53 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by derfp2
Hope ur kiddin.....Of course they fit!!!!!!! Guess ur a rookie to cars....
Originally Posted by Emarati_K
it will fit 100% since there is a guy who did fit OEM Lexus 2IS wheels to IS-F and they did the other way around everything fits on 2IS will fit on IS-F same thing as the other way around.
And since I'm guessing that neither of you actually own an IS F, I can guarantee you that they don't actually fit. If you would like to see the pictures of the gouges that they put in my Brembo's I'd be happy to post them.
Old 12-20-08, 10:51 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

The ISF wheels will fit on an IS 250, not the 350 (due to caliper clearance). Neither the 250/350 will fit the ISF.
Old 12-21-08, 01:11 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not worth it, the F-sport is ugly compared to IS-F wheels.
Old 12-21-08, 04:56 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
If you would like to see the pictures of the gouges that they put in my Brembo's I'd be happy to post them.
Ouch! Say it ain't so!
Old 12-21-08, 08:44 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have seen an IS-F with 19" F sport wheels....I have to agree, I like stock IS-F wheels better
Old 12-21-08, 09:02 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Well here is a pic of what the F sport wheels did to my rear calipers. I had the "pleasure" of watching them put my car down and roll it out as it made this awful grinding, metal on metal noise. Of course, they immediately stopped it and jacked it up and this is the result.

If you search the other threads, I do believe that if you were to put the front wheels only from the F-sport at the rear as well they will clear. (Please correct this if wrong). But the factory front/rear fitment for F-sport DEFINITELY does not work.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the dealer to rectify their screw up!
Attached Thumbnails ISF with F-SPORT wheels???-gouged-calipers-002.jpg  
Old 12-21-08, 11:09 AM
1MAC
Driver School Candidate

Ouch. I have been wondering if the F-Sport wheels would work on my IS-F. Guess this answers it.
Old 12-21-08, 11:41 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know why anyone would want to change to wheels that are heavier, weaker and uglier IMO

Changing for the sake of change works on occasion but not in this case......sometimes leaving well enough alone is simply that

And why would anyone want to pull up to a stop light only to glance over at an IS350 with the same wheels as your 60k Japonese rocket launcher

remember, these are my OPINIONS no flaming required
Old 12-21-08, 11:50 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 8speed
I don't know why anyone would want to change to wheels that are heavier, weaker and uglier IMO

Changing for the sake of change works on occasion but not in this case......sometimes leaving well enough alone is simply that

And why would anyone want to pull up to a stop light only to glance over at an IS350 with the same wheels as your 60k japonese rocket launcher

remember, these are my OPINIONS, no flaming required
I can't believe I'm about to say this....but I agree with you.

They were going to put the F-sport wheels on as my winter set up. I was very disappointed that they would be the same as the ISx50 (no offence to those owners). I didn't pay $70K to have the exact same wheels as another model, especially considering that Lexus was charging me $4500 for wheels and tires.

When I had ordered them, they didn't even have the right size of rubber made for the F yet. I assumed that the IS F would be getting a secondary wheel option for winter that would be exclusive to the F, but that wasn't, and still isn't the case. Why Lexus only has one wheel option for the F is beyond me?

I love the OEM BBS wheels, but was not willing to jeopardize them in the winter, considering they run $2700 a piece up here.
Old 12-21-08, 05:56 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

For sure, why Lexus doesn't offer upgrades or different wheels, sports line etc. for the IS-F is just bad business IMO. Look at the new F-Sport line and what Toyota did with the Scion, all very smart marketing ideas. My educated guess is that the well is dry and that all of TRD's venture cap went completely into the production of the IS-F with nothing left over. Lexus should know better and understand that for the most part, IS-F owners are pure enthusiasts coming from previous high end sports cars and harbor the modification bug just like any other high performance sports car owners out there. Get with the program Lexus, we're dying here!
Old 12-21-08, 07:04 PM
derfp2
Driver

The f-sport wheels ARE way lighter than the stock ISF wheels FYI....I do like the ISF wheels but the offset sucks!! their almost the same as the is350 18"....The ISFs are 19x8 w/ 45 offset front and the rears 19x9 w/ 55 offset (horrible). The F-sports are 19x8 w/ 40 and 19x9 w/ 40 respectively...SOO now way would they rub the rear caliper on the ISF, the offset is higher, which means the wheels stick out more. I know that apparently the ISF front wheels will NOT clear the is350 front calipers bc they are more bulky than the isf front calipers, think if u use a 3mm spacer it will work. SO if lexus made the f-sports wheels to clear the bulkier is350 front calipers, off course their gona clear the ISF's "thinner" calipers....I know that people have done this, so pics would help!!!
Old 12-21-08, 07:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

From the way it scratched the rear caliper, I believe it would work with a spacer. But, as has been said, IMHO, it's not a very attractive wheel.

Lou

Quick Reply: ISF with F-SPORT wheels???