IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Oil Maintenance Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-08 | 11:40 PM
AllenISF
Rookie

Default Oil Maintenance Light

I just hit 5000 miles and the light just came on. I have my appointment Tuesday, but it the light is driving me nuts. Anyone know how to reset this light?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-08 | 12:11 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

maybe try to reset the whole car?... do that simply by disconnecting the battery for a minute... it will reset the whole car...

you will also need to reset your windows (do this by going to each of the windows around the car)... press up for 3 seconds.. and down for 3 seconds...

it will program it to go up and down automatically
Old 12-21-08 | 12:14 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

It's in the manual. Don't disconnect your battery it will only make everything a PITA.
Old 12-21-08 | 02:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The owners manual is your friend. The SEARCH feature is your friend too.

This is an FAQ I started a few years ago for the 2IS section. Many of the questions are pertinent to the IS F as it is a 2nd generation IS chassis.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tart-here.html

As for the question regarding the maint req'd reset...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post1723025
Old 12-21-08 | 06:48 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by AllenISF
I just hit 5000 miles and the light just came on. I have my appointment Tuesday, but it the light is driving me nuts. Anyone know how to reset this light?

Thanks!
yes i do! with your foot off the brake push the mileage trip button and hold then start car until lights turn on twice i think. then you will see a group of bars show and when all the bars on odo go away its reset! rem dont put foot on brake and hold odo trip button. hope this helps!
Old 12-21-08 | 08:30 AM
AllenISF
Rookie

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-21-08 | 01:27 PM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AllenISF

Thanks!

My guess would be to get your oil changed. If you try any of the above tricks, the light will just turn back on. Deal with it until your appointment.

My TPMS light is on. Should I put air in my tires?
Old 12-21-08 | 02:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stick
My guess would be to get your oil changed. If you try any of the above tricks, the light will just turn back on. Deal with it until your appointment.

Actually, the brake pedal / trip button reset sequence is what the dealership does...

As long as your maintenance interval is set for 5,000 miles, the light will come on and go off during system start up.. before approaching the 5,000 mile marker..
If you finally go over, the light stays ON...

Reseting, before your oil change is not a big deal.. It will come back on in another 5,000 miles or so.....

- Joe Z
Old 12-21-08 | 04:52 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stick

Open your drivers door and look at what the tire pressure sticker says. Its on the right side, B pillar; then take a tire pressure gauge and check all the tires. If one seems a bit low then check it for nails/punctures and fill it up. Make sure you don't do this when the tires are really cold nor really warm

Is the weather really cold where you are?
Old 12-21-08 | 07:44 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

I run Mobil 1 synthetic so I don't see any reason to change 10 quarts every 5,000 miles. I hate the "Change Oil" warning on my display all the time except when I push the change display button.
Old 12-21-08 | 09:10 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Actually, the brake pedal / trip button reset sequence is what the dealership does...

As long as your maintenance interval is set for 5,000 miles, the light will come on and go off during system start up.. before approaching the 5,000 mile marker..
If you finally go over, the light stays ON...

Reseting, before your oil change is not a big deal.. It will come back on in another 5,000 miles or so.....

- Joe Z
thanks joe for the back up! yes they do the same its good to know when you do your own service! also for the tpms light he should really use nitrogen in his tires to stop change in pressure!
Old 12-21-08 | 09:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DFLORES
thanks joe for the back up! yes they do the same its good to know when you do your own service! also for the tpms light he should really use nitrogen in his tires to stop change in pressure!
Yes.. Very good to know..!
I have done all my own servicing on my 08' IS350.... It hasn't seen the dealership service bay since the day I picked it up.

I think "stick" was not making a serious post about the TPMS, but more of a common sense / joking sentence ..

Joe Z
Old 12-21-08 | 09:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FPR1939
I run Mobil 1 synthetic so I don't see any reason to change 10 quarts every 5,000 miles. I hate the "Change Oil" warning on my display all the time except when I push the change display button.
How long do you allow the light to remind you?

I know the service interval can be modified from 5,000 miles to 7,500 miles in the on board computer..
It's definitly in the owners manual where it mentions service mileage interval settings.

Joe Z
Old 12-22-08 | 08:20 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Yes.. Very good to know..!
I have done all my own servicing on my 08' IS350.... It hasn't seen the dealership service bay since the day I picked it up.

I think "stick" was not making a serious post about the TPMS, but more of a common sense / joking sentence ..

Joe Z
Well if he wasn't serious, I feel stupid haha. I went off on a rant about how to fill them up, oh well haha
Old 12-22-08 | 09:41 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

How do you reset the oil maintenance light?

Quick Reply: Oil Maintenance Light