IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

M3 vs. C63 vs. IS F vs. (some car that shouldn't be there)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-08, 07:01 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M3 vs. C63 vs. IS F vs. (some car that shouldn't be there)

Fun vid that I hadn't seen before. Not really scientific or definitive but worth watching.

http://car-review-video.blogspot.com...exus-is-f.html
Old 12-21-08, 07:39 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, good find! I didn't think the C63 would do that bad on the first race. The F didn't seem like it was driven in sport mode. Good overall though, I like it
Old 12-21-08, 07:45 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Wow, good find! I didn't think the C63 would do that bad on the first race. The F didn't seem like it was driven in sport mode. Good overall though, I like it
I agree with you Mike. I don't see any way that the M3 would pull on the C63 like that either. The MB driver admitted he kinda messed it up and needed to have more seat time in it.

I was quite surprised that the Lexus was judged to be the most comfortable, space wise inside. When I finally got a chance to sit in a C63 a couple weeks ago, I was intrigued (for lack of a better word) to find plastic covers on the back of the seats with indentations for additional knee space.

When they fired it up it really took my breath away. I love the sound of our cars, but I LOVED the way the Merc roars. That clip in the vid in the turns really showed the growl.
Old 12-21-08, 08:32 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I agree with you Mike. I don't see any way that the M3 would pull on the C63 like that either. The MB driver admitted he kinda messed it up and needed to have more seat time in it.

I was quite surprised that the Lexus was judged to be the most comfortable, space wise inside. When I finally got a chance to sit in a C63 a couple weeks ago, I was intrigued (for lack of a better word) to find plastic covers on the back of the seats with indentations for additional knee space.

When they fired it up it really took my breath away. I love the sound of our cars, but I LOVED the way the Merc roars. That clip in the vid in the turns really showed the growl.
I heard him say that as well. Oh well, its still a good vid I noticed the same things when I sat in my friends C63. The interior didn't seem up to par with the Lexus in my opinion. It also seemed a little tight.

When he fired it up though, it was like damn, thats this car and not another car driving by? It sounded awesome, I would like to hear something like that one the F