IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 01:39 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I was under the impression with all the latest posts that you had already received it back from MHP. Should have checked closer and I would have seen that it was just shipped back to you yesterday.

Again thanks for being the guinea pig for us all and I do look forward to the results.
Just so we're all clear. We finished them up last night, shipped them out today, and Juan receives them tomorrow.

Thanks
Andy
Old 12-18-08, 01:41 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Andy,

My work server firewalls aren’t displacing your hosted pics.

But very impressive for what I am reading..
Thank You for all the Background info on your products.
I should have just Googled MHP..

I just had some general questions for our Community and trust me when I say I wasn’t questioning your abilities..
I was just under the impression that y’all focused on Tuning ECU/TCU...

There is no need for us to "talk tech all day" or posting it on here..
We can save that for a phone call...
Many who know me here on a Personal Level, know that Talking Tech is one of my favorite Topics.

Great to see another Company join in on R&D’ing & possible creating more products for the IS-F!!!

Thank You
Joe Z
Joe,
Good deal brother. No hard feelings here and I hope none there either. Feel free to give me a call anytime (614) 940 9523, who knows maybe we'll find a project to work on together.

Thanks
Andy
Old 12-18-08, 01:47 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not trolling or baiting. Obike is an Auburn grad with a degree in computer engineering and specialization in embedded systems. Not a troll, someone with very direct and very relevant experience.

Let's see what happens from here and keep the accusatory banter to a minimum.
FWIW, no offense taken by Obike's post (other than a few random statements). We're used to running into skepticism/doubt jumping from market to market as quickly as we have. In the end the results always speak for themselves and we're confident they will in this case as well.

Thanks
Andy

Obike,
I apologize if I came off a bit harsh by not divulging some of your requested info, but again, IP theft is rampant in this business and our legal system does a pathetic job of punishing those that steal code. Perhaps after we've proven ourselves we can have a conversation in which I can answer more of your questions, that is something I'm open to in the future.
Old 12-18-08, 01:55 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn Andy, look at you with your badass CL Sponsor badge! Congrats, finally gaining some cred around here... Now let's close the backdoor and hear what Juanca has to say!

Last edited by cssnms; 12-18-08 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 02:00 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MHP
Also, for anyone interested we have a track rental race at HRP (Houston Raceway Park) on Jan 24th and one at MIR (Maryland International Raceway) two weeks before it opens to the public in March. If you're in the area you should definitely come out and run with us, lots of GREAT people makes for a fun day of racing for all.

Hey Andy, if you don't mind, post the MIR date as we get closer to the date. Maybe you can hook up a fellow member with access!
Old 12-18-08, 02:06 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cssnms
Damn Andy, look at you with your badass CL Sponsor badge! Congrats, finally gaining some cred around here... Now let's close the backdoor and hear what Juanca has to say!
Thanks!

Looking forward to the results and getting more of you tuned!!!
Old 12-18-08, 02:10 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cssnms
Hey Andy, if you don't mind, post the MIR date as we get closer to the date. Maybe you can hook up a fellow member with access!
I absolutely will, same with the Chicago rental. Anyone in the area that wants to is more than welcome to race with us. We usually have a good smattering of MB/AMGs, BMW/Ms, Vipers, Vettes, Porsches, Lambos, SRT8s, etc. The extreme diversity makes for some fun competition and excellent racing. However the real fun happens after the race...The drive home from MIR the next morning wasn't as easy going as the drive there...I lost count after 4 bottles of Kettle and D.C.s ratio of 6:1 women to men didn't hurt either.
Old 12-18-08, 02:47 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Juan,
I just PM'd you your tracking #. Due to the weather in MI our carriers have not yet delivered or picked up today--they may not until tomorrow which may bump delivery back a day (still overnight shipping). You'll be able to track the progress via the number provided though.

Thanks
Andy
Old 12-18-08, 06:16 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MHP
No Toyota or former Toyota employees on the payroll. It's just Dave and I, though we are privy to the shared knowledge of a handful of world class tuners. I'm not sure if you consider that cheating but in our opinion the only thing that matters is delivering the expected end result...and no, our code isn't stolen either. Again we have very potent in house software that can handle just about anything we throw at it.
Fair 'nuff, resources are resources (as long as they aren't stolen). I'm 2 semesters away from a computer systems engineering degree myself, and plan to bring to market a line of standalone ECUs within the next 2 years.

Can't figure out what approach you guys used to get this done, but if the proof is in the pudding I would say very well done.

The next 200 miles can't come fast enough.
Old 12-18-08, 07:22 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Well Well my hat is half-way off to you MHP. Again i said along time ago that everyone needed to be open minded about this. Just because no one has tuned a ECU/TCU doesnt mean it cant be done. Its like since people just say is not possible that thinking just dominates everyone thoughts.This is one reason alot of gear heads dont consider lexus, Performance tuning and parts are pretty much not an option.

Cant wait to hear about the results and further developments for the Lexus product line
Old 12-18-08, 07:28 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, can't wait to hear what Juan has to say about it! That was quick! Great job so far MHP!
Old 12-18-08, 08:17 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't say it enough, but MHP did a great job so far in dealing with the public, patiently answering everyone's questions, and keeping us updated every step of the way. *HIGH FIVE*

Now, I cannot wait to see what tomorrow has to bring when Juanca steps on that gas pedal!
Old 12-18-08, 08:55 PM
LexFather

Thanks for becoming a sponsor! Good luck!

Old 12-18-08, 09:34 PM
is-eF
Driver

Tick Tock, tick tock, tick tock...
Old 12-18-08, 09:58 PM
AndyZ
Rookie

BAH!

I wish I knew about you guys two months ago when we were doing our IS-F SEMA car!

Grumble!

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)