IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-08, 05:03 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stash84
im ready whenever he is. ill be checking periodically 2 see if he hits his 200 miles. im really excited to see what MHP has done. dyno would be great but im here if he wants to compare before the dyno...
Apparantly Juan should be done the first 200 soon, so it would be great for you 2 to hook up for a time trial impromptu.(somewhere safe of course.)

He should see this soon and possibly arrange something with you.

have a great Christmas..

C.
Old 12-25-08, 05:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Andy-

do you have a dyno on site?? I could possibly drive down to you for the GS430 and get footage while there for everyone!! its an option and I dont mind driving. you can play with the car on site also. my trip back will get me the 200 miles and then some
Old 12-25-08, 05:26 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
Andy-

do you have a dyno on site?? I could possibly drive down to you for the GS430 and get footage while there for everyone!! its an option and I dont mind driving. you can play with the car on site also. my trip back will get me the 200 miles and then some
Mike,
We have a Mustang Dyno on site for tuning. MDs aren't the greatest for comparison of numbers from dyno to dyno, which is why we always ask for DJ #s. Depending on how they're calibrated MDs can read 15% lower or 10% (from my own personal experience) higher than a DJ. MDs are great for tuning however since they place load on the driveline unlike DJs.
It's a 6.5hr trip from Chicago to our shop (East side of Columbus) so it would probably be easier to find a local DJ and FedEx your control units.

Thanks
Andy
Old 12-25-08, 05:35 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey stash84, let's meet up and do it in a few days. I may be hitting 200 miles by Saturday.

Originally Posted by stash84
im ready whenever he is. ill be checking periodically 2 see if he hits his 200 miles. im really excited to see what MHP has done. dyno would be great but im here if he wants to compare before the dyno...
Old 12-25-08, 05:53 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
Hey stash84, let's meet up and do it in a few days. I may be hitting 200 miles by Saturday.

Oh yeah!......you guys take care....

C.
Old 12-25-08, 06:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MHP
Mike,
We have a Mustang Dyno on site for tuning. MDs aren't the greatest for comparison of numbers from dyno to dyno, which is why we always ask for DJ #s. Depending on how they're calibrated MDs can read 15% lower or 10% (from my own personal experience) higher than a DJ. MDs are great for tuning however since they place load on the driveline unlike DJs.
It's a 6.5hr trip from Chicago to our shop (East side of Columbus) so it would probably be easier to find a local DJ and FedEx your control units.

Thanks
Andy
No problem Andy, just an offer since I am closer then most figure its always an option down the road. I dont mind driving. I can get this all done local and can ship it out as we agreed on I will start to work on getting to a Dyno to get that done so I can send it down to you.

Thank you,
Mike
Old 12-25-08, 09:33 PM
mondo540
Driver

Originally Posted by MHP
Mike,

Thanks
Andy
O.k. I am fairly new here and just read the majority of this thread....unreal. Definite congrats in order here. We've got world class tuners right here in little 'ole Columbus? I had no idea....

Last edited by mondo540; 12-25-08 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-25-08, 09:57 PM
max90034
Rookie

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
is there any way to disable the beep when you have to shift or when you down shift? lol
I personally will like it to beep at the old redline. This way I would know exactly when I passed it.
Old 12-26-08, 09:32 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, so 40 pages later.......I would like to see stock dyno vs. ecu modified dyno. As long as driveability/all other functions are the same nothing else would matter to me. I would want more power throughout the whole range and I'm not too concerned with a higher redline...
Peter
Old 12-26-08, 11:32 AM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by houstonT
OK, so 40 pages later.......I would like to see stock dyno vs. ecu modified dyno. As long as driveability/all other functions are the same nothing else would matter to me. I would want more power throughout the whole range and I'm not too concerned with a higher redline...
Peter
You'll have more power throughout the rpm range, we know that avg hp/tq wins races, not peak numbers.
If you don't want raised shift points, you don't have to have them, we just offer them as a no cost option--and yes, you will make more power under the curve past the stock shift point and run quicker/faster because of the bump as well.

Thanks
Old 12-26-08, 11:33 AM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mondo540
O.k. I am fairly new here and just read the majority of this thread....unreal. Definite congrats in order here. We've got world class tuners right here in little 'ole Columbus? I had no idea....
Mondo,
Where in the Bus are you? We'll have to meet up after I get my C off the rack, you can beat on her all you want.
Old 12-26-08, 06:16 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MHP
No the ECU compensates unless you're talking about Denver like altitude. If you're in an unfamiliar (to us) region, we'll often ask you for your elevation just to be sure.

Thanks
Andy, I think you missed my question.

Is 4500ft-6000ft to too much for ECU to compensate for? Do you have to set different settings for elevations in that range?
As for far as forced induction will your tune work for it or is it mainly for N/A cars?
Thanks
Old 12-26-08, 07:10 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Andy, I think you missed my question.

Is 4500ft-6000ft to too much for ECU to compensate for? Do you have to set different settings for elevations in that range?
As for far as forced induction will your tune work for it or is it mainly for N/A cars?
Thanks
My apologies, I remember reading it, evidently I just forgot to reply to it.

Just to make sure I understand the question, are you asking if we tuned you for sea level and you ended up at 6000ft, would you be ok? The answer is yes, you'd be fine. The same would be true the other way around. With that being said if you lived at 6000ft we'd better dial you in for that particular altitude (the one you spend the most time at).
We can tune for nitrous, FI, N/A whatever. There are no restrictions as far as that is concerned.

Thanks and sorry!
Andy
Old 12-26-08, 07:20 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok... Those 200 miles have got to up soon! Seriously, how long until the trip to the dyno Juanca?
Old 12-26-08, 07:25 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Soooooo MHP??? When can I send you my IS350 ECU?

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)