IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 07:10 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

can they work on the is250 ecu?
Old 11-25-08, 07:11 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
Agreed 100%

I think your company needs to put up or shut up(no dis respect meant) Yes everyone has said no one has been able to tune a toyota......but maybe just maybe since everyone says it cant be done no one has even tried! I would hope that you could tune the ISF because that would make this great car even better.

Again you should offer to either tune someones car for free(with all damages,expenses etc.. on your dime) to prove your companys ability.

I for one would think it would be awesome if we had a legit ECU/TCU mod and would probably purchase it for my ISF if the results were proven.

The ball (and profits) are really in your court MHP
Not really, it's really up to the members on this site whether there's a viable market for custom ECU/TCU tuning or not. I've layed the cards out, the situation is what it is.
Cutting a free tune is rather insulting actually. I wouldn't ask anyone to work for 2-3 days for free (again taking into account the fact they already have plenty of work from paying customers) to prove anything to me if they offered a 100% $ back guarantee on their products/services.
Old 11-25-08, 07:14 PM
MHP
Pole Position

I'll revisit this site on Monday and see what the concensus is, until then have a great Thanksgiving and safe travels.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-25-08, 08:40 PM
zakizaki
Driver School Candidate

It is the norm for the seller of a product to show the product in its completed form to the buyers so that they can decide on the purchase. No matter how good a potential product is and no matter what kind of warranty it comes with, if it is just a promise with money back guarantee, it would be a hard sell.

Andy, you must also realize that the Lexus buyer is different from the BMW or the Merc buyer. The Lexus buyer is just as affluent but a lot more concerned about the quality and dependability of the products they purchase. Which explains their preference for a car that may not have the "Euro mystique" but rather relies on bullet proof quality as the foundation of its emerging "status" symbol.

I have no doubt that if you were to make the effort to show an actual product with the power and reliability that you are so certain of, then the prudent members of this forum will embrace it wholeheartedly.

Best of luck and I hope you make the effort. It will be definitely worth your while.
Old 11-25-08, 08:54 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. Interested in the results
Old 11-25-08, 09:42 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

well.. i wouldnt buy jack #@$( until we see dyno results... and for 4,500... we should see atleast 90 HP..... sounds alot.. but 500 per 10 HP sounds about right....
Old 11-25-08, 10:52 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zakizaki
It is the norm for the seller of a product to show the product in its completed form to the buyers so that they can decide on the purchase. No matter how good a potential product is and no matter what kind of warranty it comes with, if it is just a promise with money back guarantee, it would be a hard sell.

Andy, you must also realize that the Lexus buyer is different from the BMW or the Merc buyer. The Lexus buyer is just as affluent but a lot more concerned about the quality and dependability of the products they purchase. Which explains their preference for a car that may not have the "Euro mystique" but rather relies on bullet proof quality as the foundation of its emerging "status" symbol.

I have no doubt that if you were to make the effort to show an actual product with the power and reliability that you are so certain of, then the prudent members of this forum will embrace it wholeheartedly.

Best of luck and I hope you make the effort. It will be definitely worth your while.

Alright, you win. Even though in this day and age (interenet forums) a $ back guarantee is pretty much as good as it gets, as any entity dumb enough to not refund a customer will have a very short shelf life.

I hope that it's ok to post that since we're not making any sort of profit (actually losing $/hrs calibrating, plus building the check sum software) and if we're really the only ones that can tune, all the other sponsors that sell hard parts shouldn't have an issue since we'll optimize what they have to offer with our tuning.

In order to get this going as quickly as possible for everyone (you, the site, us). Pick (as in the collective membership) one objective tester, someone that can preferably get both dyno (DynoJet, SAE CF, 1:1) and track results on 93 octane (since that's what most of the country has), and whose credibility is unquestioned. We will do one tune for free at which time said elected member objectively tests and posts their results. If they're favorable and people are interested we'll instantly become sponsors and everyone wins.

If it's ok with the site, please begin the selection process.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-25-08, 10:55 PM
MHP
Pole Position

We tune Bentleys, Rolls, Astons, Jags, Maybachs, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, Maseratis, BMWs, MBs so trust me when I say quality and dependability are absolute givens. Our tuning is unbelievably refined without sacrificing power and performance.
Old 11-26-08, 02:51 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MHP
Alright, you win. etc...

If it's ok with the site, please begin the selection process.

Thanks
Andy
It's officially on. Hopefully, the results are as advertised.
Old 11-26-08, 05:21 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

did anyone see my question? can they work on the is250 ecu??
Old 11-26-08, 05:54 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It's the way it's gotta be and I am glad to hear MPH came around. This is good stuff!

Now how does the selection process work and who is going to manage it?
Old 11-26-08, 06:08 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is too cool. MHP is up to the challenge and it is up to us. Maybe we should start a new thread and see who is even interested. Then we could all discuss who should do it.
Old 11-26-08, 06:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
This is too cool. MHP is up to the challenge and it is up to us. Maybe we should start a new thread and see who is even interested. Then we could all discuss who should do it.
Guys, we don't allow any 'gathering interest' or group buy threads until MHP is a forum sponsor. Let's keep the discussion on the potential modification options and finding a volunteer. We typically don't allow the vendor to post in situations like this (I'll make the post for a potential vendor building a product) but MHP is a sponsor on other Internet Brands forums and has been very cautious with his approach and is committed to working within our advertising rules (thanks).

Andy, members will want to know what your assumptions are for location (OH?), how long you'll need their car, any risks you think they should be aware of and best-guess timeframe to start.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-26-08 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-26-08, 07:35 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

This challenge is exciting I am curious who going to volunteer their car in the ohio area and prove MHP claims.

Last edited by LexISguy; 11-26-08 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-26-08, 10:14 AM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

I wonder if they could tune a is350

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)