IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-08, 12:18 PM
JBLU24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can anyone recommend a shop with a dyno near NYC?
coming from the Subaru scene I am familiar with a few shops with all-wheel dynos- can a rwd car be dynoed on that or would I need to find a 2 wheel dyno?

I dont care if my car is the guinea pig as long as the people with the dyno know how to load it properly and dont blow anything up
Old 11-29-08, 12:30 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JBLU24
can anyone recommend a shop with a dyno near NYC?
coming from the Subaru scene I am familiar with a few shops with all-wheel dynos- can a rwd car be dynoed on that or would I need to find a 2 wheel dyno?

I dont care if my car is the guinea pig as long as the people with the dyno know how to load it properly and dont blow anything up
AWD dyno's can do them all. AWD, FWD, RWD.
Old 11-29-08, 01:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Members,

I've spent a good bit of time cleaning up a lot of the personal insults and irrelevant banter in this thread.

Please keep any personal conflicts out of this thread (use PM) and keep comments constrained to the IS-F research being discussed.
Old 11-29-08, 07:14 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, it sucks, but I'm going to have to officially bow out of the running. That might just leave kickhard as the sole runner. 1, I don't/can't get to a dyno. 2, Drag racing is over at Great Lakes Dragaway (until like April/May) and 3, since it's a lease, I'm bound to keep the vehicle at lease end if I modify and who knows what's going to be out in 3 years. I don't want to legally/ethically return something knowing I modified it.So, my apologies for jumping the gun, but I'm going to have to bow out.
Old 11-29-08, 08:51 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Well, it sucks, but I'm going to have to officially bow out of the running. That might just leave kickhard as the sole runner. 1, I don't/can't get to a dyno. 2, Drag racing is over at Great Lakes Dragaway (until like April/May) and 3, since it's a lease, I'm bound to keep the vehicle at lease end if I modify and who knows what's going to be out in 3 years. I don't want to legally/ethically return something knowing I modified it.So, my apologies for jumping the gun, but I'm going to have to bow out.
Thanks for posting Doc.

kickhard, can you hit the track down there as well?

Not sure where you are in AL but if possible it would also be great if you could make the Jan 24th HRP Houston Raceway Park track rental using our ECU/TCU?
We're looking at ~10-30 cars, and going to be breaking a few of our own records with several MHP tuned vehicles in attendance. Any and all that want are more than welcome to spectate. If we can find a local stock IS-F for the sake of comparison they would be allowed to race free of charge all day long. We can't simply swap to the stock controllers in the tuned car, as they take 200 miles to fully learn before providing optimal performance. Make or model makes no difference, they all learn at the same rate.
If possible it would be great to have both cars on the same tires, preferably drag radials (MTs, someone please tell me IS-Fs have 18" wheels, for some reason I think they're 19s?) so that the traction variable (a LARGE one with our tuning) is removed from the equation. I'll get you the tires at my cost (you can have the invoice) as part of the deal.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 11-29-08 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-29-08, 09:49 PM
is-eF
Driver

I hope someone does this!
I already PM'd MHP as to why I cannot...no tracks here and I only have access to 92 octane (may be insignificant), but with no track it would be difficult.
I could do some runs on the freeway late at night, but it's just not the same. Plus my rep here is no where near some of you...so please do it!
Old 11-29-08, 10:14 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MHP
If possible it would be great to have both cars on the same tires, preferably drag radials (MTs, someone please tell me IS-Fs have 18" wheels, for some reason I think they're 19s?) so that the traction variable (a LARGE one with our tuning) is removed from the equation.
The OEM wheels are 19s.
Old 11-30-08, 02:14 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

But 18's fit the rear. I've got MT 245 40 18's on the rear.
Old 11-30-08, 04:49 AM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Houston and my ISF is still stock. Since Jan 24th is on a Saturday I could participate at HRP for comparitave basis. I have been looking to run the Test & Tune at MSR in Rosharon, Texas. I will need new 18" wheels and Hoosier tires for that activity next spring. I am sure that I could get my son (BMW driver) to go to the track with me.
Old 11-30-08, 10:29 AM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FPR1939
I live in Houston and my ISF is still stock. Since Jan 24th is on a Saturday I could participate at HRP for comparitave basis. I have been looking to run the Test & Tune at MSR in Rosharon, Texas. I will need new 18" wheels and Hoosier tires for that activity next spring. I am sure that I could get my son (BMW driver) to go to the track with me.
Excellent. If you're game to be our stock tester, you are more than welcome to do so.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 11-30-08, 02:21 PM
MHP
Pole Position

To recap we are looking for a 93 octane tester than can supply before/after dyno results (DynoJet SAE corrected 1:1) and run at the HRP track event (if not before/after at a local dragstrip) vs FPR's bone stock IS-F.
The sooner we find a tester the better off for everyone. We'll be wrapped with the check sum software by Monday/Tues. at latest, then it's go time on our end.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-30-08, 04:11 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I like to see this happen....
Old 11-30-08, 09:17 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy, I really hope you can tune our ECU and get good gains without compromising the car. I usually go to the track every week, it's a 1/8 mile track and I run consistently 8.5@85MPH. Since I live in Miami the track is open all year. Count me in as another option, there are shops in the area where I can get a dyno baseline if needed.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-08, 12:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I like to see this happen....
+1 i can't wait either!
Old 12-01-08, 02:43 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Juanca
Andy, I really hope you can tune our ECU and get good gains without compromising the car. I usually go to the track every week, it's a 1/8 mile track and I run consistently 8.5@85MPH. Since I live in Miami the track is open all year. Count me in as another option, there are shops in the area where I can get a dyno baseline if needed.

Thanks.
Juanca,
What track do you run at? Any chance you can get before/after data from Bradenton--full 1/4 mile track?
Are any of the local dyno's Dyno Jets?

Thanks
Andy

Quick Reply: MHP ECU/TCU Thread (updated with v1 gains: Graphs/Spreadsheet Breakdown)