IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 vs. 2009 ISF Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 04:17 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 vs. 2009 ISF Comparison

With all the deals on 08 models....I was curious on the differences/improvements/features. I looked through the ISF forum and didn't find anything. Has this been done? Or is the car the same? Thx.
Old 01-06-09, 04:26 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

The only difference is the color of the navigation unit is black on the 09. Also the ***** on the sunroof are rectangular as opposed to circular on the 08. And a new terra cotta interior. I think that is it.
Old 01-06-09, 04:32 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Very cool. Was worried there would be some slight changes to the body or dash. I'm working on seeing what kind of deal I can get. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-06-09, 04:37 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go man

http://www.lexusf.com/forums/showthr...highlight=Ipod
Old 01-06-09, 04:43 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the mirrors and A/C center vents are different as well. Nothing major, and IMO no real improvements. I prefer the 08.
Old 01-06-09, 04:56 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juanca
I think the mirrors and A/C center vents are different as well. Nothing major, and IMO no real improvements. I prefer the 08.
Shouldn't you be at the track or dyno shop?

Just kidding....can't wait to see your results.
Old 01-06-09, 05:39 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL

I'll go to the track again this weekend before my trip. Andy will be playing with my modules next week for a v2. As usual I'll be posting my experience with the new tune as well as actual numbers from a dyno session and track runs.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Shouldn't you be at the track or dyno shop?

Just kidding....can't wait to see your results.
Old 01-06-09, 07:08 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
LOL

I'll go to the track again this weekend before my trip. Andy will be playing with my modules next week for a v2. As usual I'll be posting my experience with the new tune as well as actual numbers from a dyno session and track runs.
You said "playing with my modules." huh huh... I need to grow up. Looking forward to the results.
Old 01-06-09, 08:00 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615
You said "playing with my modules." huh huh... I need to grow up. Looking forward to the results.
LOL, Dre....hahahahaha.

G/L at the track, Juan.....

C.
Old 01-06-09, 09:17 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I think only the center console is a bit different and they added another interior color....nothing really changed
Old 01-06-09, 09:21 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by kyang91
I think only the center console is a bit different and they added another interior color....nothing really changed
Center console and stack. Metal on door handles. Illumination of Mirror control on driver's door.

Edit - I forget to mention the control for the sun roof is also different.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-07-09 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Add comment
Old 01-07-09, 12:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Haha the search function is your best friend...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-interior.html

Originally Posted by flipside909
Just a few weekends ago, the NorCal Lexus community gathered for the record breaking 7th annual EOS (End of Summer) Meet at Lexus of Stevens Creek in San Jose, CA. The meet consisted of the NorCal locals including a large group from Southern California. There were also those that came from the neighboring states of Oregon, Nevada and Arizona! Our friends at Lexus HQ wanted to showcase a few of their goodies including a full packaged IS250 F-Sport 6MT, the SEMA 07 VIP Auto Salon LS460 and an exclusive 2009 Smoky Granite IS F w/the new Terra Cotta trimmed interior.

Now what is terra cotta you may ask? For you green thumbs out there, you will be very familiar with this color! According to Webster's Dictionary:

Terra Cotta (n) -

1: a glazed or unglazed fired clay used especially for statuettes and vases and architectural purposes (as roofing, facing, and relief ornamentation) ; also : something made of this material

2: a brownish orange

For 2009, Lexus is offering a 3rd interior color option for the performance beast, the IS F. Terra Cotta will accompany the all Black w/blue stitching, the Alpine White/Black combo w/blue stitching. Terra Cotta cannot be mistaken with the other 2 IS F colors as it will also have the same contrasting blue stitching on the black surfaces, but have black stitching on the Terra Cotta. You will find this color accenting all 4 seat positions in the center sections including the lower section of the steering wheel.

Piano black has made it's way to the center cluster face of the Navigation, HVAC and Radio controls. Chrome accent hugs the nav screen and clock areas. Newly styled center upper vents sit atop the center nav cluster. New revised buttons accompany the sides of the nav screen which give the 09 interior a more luxurious feel. New toggle moonroof controls replace the euro-style circular controls of previous and the power window and lock buttons attain a new look, very to what you see in the 3rd generation GS. The power mirror switch is now illuminated, so you can change mirror positions in the dark without having to squint and turn on a light. Deleted is the chrome accent on the door trim panel hand grab and refinished with a gloss piano black finish. Many have complained in the past that the center console DC plug and Aux in ports were mounted too high for cell phone adapters and pheriperhals. Because of this, it was almost impossible to close the center console armrest when these items were in use. To fix that, designers finally dropped the DC plug and Aux In ports about an inch lower to accomodate the length of the adapter plugs. Now you can charge your phone or Ipod and still make use of the convenient center console armrest.

The exterior remains unchanged for 2009.

Unchanged speedo cluster:

Revised center cluster (Green backlighting remains unfortunately):

Revised center vent:

Revised moonroof controls:

Revised power windows/lock & backlit mirror controls:

Revised and lowered DC and Aux In ports:

Blacked out door trim hand grab:
Old 01-07-09, 12:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here's the rest....

Originally Posted by flipside909
Terra Cotta Interior:

Old 01-07-09, 12:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I will need to do a side by side comparo write up with an 08 and an 09. I did something similar for the 07 to 08 differences for the 3GS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ight=2007+2008
Old 01-07-09, 07:46 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't that the same stuff I posted in #4?

Quick Reply: 2008 vs. 2009 ISF Comparison