Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dope status even with your winter rollers

Top notch as always sir!
Old 03-08-09, 08:54 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks really really good ngl1145 Are y'all supposed to be getting a lot more snow or is the season winding down?
Old 03-08-09, 07:18 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigMikeISF I really hope that the snow stops. I'm ready to mount my regular IS-F wheels back on. In fact the other day I was going to mount the wheels when I saw a gouge on the left front tire on the corner. I brought my wheel to Inskip Lexus where I bought the car and one of the service advisors whose name is Karen said that they would try to PATCH the tire. I do have the road hazard for wheel and tire protection when I bought the car. However, the gouge was on the edge where all the tire pressure goes on. Everybody knows you never patch a tire in that location. If it was towards the center or even the outer edge center I'd understand, but this was in a non-patchable area. Anyways, she said she'd have the tech take a look. A few minutes later she came back and said they are not covering the tire. I'm like but the tire is dangerous. I should take a picture and show you guys. She said it's not leaking air and they wouldn't be able to cover it unless something happened to the tire. If something happened to the tire with that gouge there my $60K car is probably going to have a blowout and accidents can happen. I can't believe her negligence in this situation. I asked to speak to a manager and as soon as he saw it he was like... that tire needs to be replaced. I'm glad he sees that this was an important safety issue. I think "Karen" needs to find a new job because if that was her advice on something so simple, I'd hate to see what she does when other things happen to the car. This kind of thing pisses me off. She's trying to same the company a buck by not honoring a warranty issue that should be covered. Oh and on my last oil change they neglected to top off my fluids. What else do they miss??? At least I know the oil is there because I made them verify it with me. Inskip overall has been pretty good, but I'm disappointed with my last visit.
Old 03-08-09, 07:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,031 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145
BigMikeISF I really hope that the snow stops. I'm ready to mount my regular IS-F wheels back on. In fact the other day I was going to mount the wheels when I saw a gouge on the left front tire on the corner. I brought my wheel to Inskip Lexus where I bought the car and one of the service advisors whose name is Karen said that they would try to PATCH the tire. I do have the road hazard for wheel and tire protection when I bought the car. However, the gouge was on the edge where all the tire pressure goes on. Everybody knows you never patch a tire in that location. If it was towards the center or even the outer edge center I'd understand, but this was in a non-patchable area. Anyways, she said she'd have the tech take a look. A few minutes later she came back and said they are not covering the tire. I'm like but the tire is dangerous. I should take a picture and show you guys. She said it's not leaking air and they wouldn't be able to cover it unless something happened to the tire. If something happened to the tire with that gouge there my $60K car is probably going to have a blowout and accidents can happen. I can't believe her negligence in this situation. I asked to speak to a manager and as soon as he saw it he was like... that tire needs to be replaced. I'm glad he sees that this was an important safety issue. I think "Karen" needs to find a new job because if that was her advice on something so simple, I'd hate to see what she does when other things happen to the car. This kind of thing pisses me off. She's trying to same the company a buck by not honoring a warranty issue that should be covered. Oh and on my last oil change they neglected to top off my fluids. What else do they miss??? At least I know the oil is there because I made them verify it with me. Inskip overall has been pretty good, but I'm disappointed with my last visit.
Did you read your contract carefully? Mine says they won't replace a tire unless the rim is damaged and leaking air too. I was a bit shocked to see that in the contract, and I've since thought about an early termination just because a road hazard will need to kill both tire and rim for me to get paid. I totally understand your position, and I would replace the tire too, but I'm just wondering what the contract actually says since mine is pretty difficult to actually get a replacement unless I completely destroy the wheel too.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-08-09 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 07:49 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

It's a judgmental thing on the dealers behalf. Now if I wreck a $60K car and risk my life, that will be the last time I ever buy a car from them just because of a technicality. Well I'm glad that one of the service managers has a head on top of his shoulders and agreed it would be dangerous driving on it. Now.... since I'm getting one tire replaced, I probably should get the other replaced so both have even wear. To stay on topic, here are older pictures I took and posted on this forum before. But since this is not the photography thread for IS-F.. I'll repost.

Here's a super old pic....

Last edited by ngl1145; 03-08-09 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 08:18 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

BigMikeISF your last picture you posted really makes me want to get that front lip!!! I've been talking about it for a while now. It's going to be spring soon so perhaps I'll order one
Old 03-09-09, 06:37 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Those shots are looking really good ngl1145

Sorry to hear about this situation, it sounds like it was definitely a safety issue that needed to be fixed. I'm glad the dealership finally came around and fixed it for you I would make sure, before leaving the lot, that all the services you payed for have been completed 100% so that you don't get home and realize they forgot to do something

BigMikeISF your last picture you posted really makes me want to get that front lip!!! I've been talking about it for a while now. It's going to be spring soon so perhaps I'll order one
Thanks! I really like the way it looks and it definitely sets the F apart from other F's out there
Old 03-10-09, 06:52 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in Princeton NJ tonight and took a few shots after dinner.

Old 03-10-09, 07:34 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ngl1145 what lens are you using? And is that HDR correct?
Old 03-10-09, 07:47 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
ngl1145 what lens are you using? And is that HDR correct?
The camera I use is a Nikon D300. The lens used for the last 4 shots I posted was a Sigma 24-70 mm f/2.8 lens. No these are not HDR for the last 4 shots posted. However there are a few shots that I've taken on the above posting that use HDR. I've been trying to stay away from HDR because a lot of people don't like the cartoonish rendering sometimes. But back to the 4 last pictures I posted, I did do some post processing with them but they are not HDRs. Hope that helps!

I'll be in the Princeton NJ area until Thursday night if anyone wanted to do some kind of shoot

Last edited by ngl1145; 03-10-09 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 03:47 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Here's one from tonight just as I finished work in NJ. One more day then I go back

Old 03-11-09, 06:17 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Good stuff Nick. Where were you when I was in Princeton last November BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!

Javier
Old 03-11-09, 06:20 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Good stuff Nick. Where were you when I was in Princeton last November BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!

Javier
Hah.. I didn't know you were in Princeton last November. I travel down to NJ once in a while. Next week I'll be in Atlanta, GA and the following week I'll be in Montreal. What were you doing in Princeton?
Old 03-11-09, 06:22 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Picture / Photography Thread