IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Canadian Pricing for IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-09, 04:47 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $69k (all options) last March but that was for one of the first F's.
C.
Old 01-13-09, 07:02 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
But don't forget you guys also have to pay PST in your provinces.

Sebring, I don't know if you recall, but when we were looking at C63 prices at mbworld, in ontario with taxes it was significantly more expensive, which would obviously be the same in BC.

It might be worth your time to come pick one up here in Ab if they won't discount enough out there including the tax? Enjoy a nice drive home and get the break out period out of the way all in one shot.
Yes, I do remember the discussion on MBW. And you raise a valid point. That's actually not a bad idea...buying the car in Alberta. Funny thing is my shortlist is really all over the map: I'm looking at an ML63, the IS-F, and an Audi TT-S.

I know, it's totally bizarre.
Old 01-13-09, 07:18 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFer
I paid $69k (all options) last March but that was for one of the first F's.
C.
Didn't you folks over in Ontario get some humongous snow storm recently? How the heck do you guys get around in that car in such conditions?
Old 01-13-09, 11:16 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SebringAG
Didn't you folks over in Ontario get some humongous snow storm recently? How the heck do you guys get around in that car in such conditions?
That's easy: Hibernate the 'F' and get a beater until March/April......

I would hate using it in these conditions...but with a set of snows it wouldn't be too bad.

Yes, this winter is aweful. I'll be glad to see the end ....

C.
Old 01-14-09, 12:56 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several of us F owners that drive our cars year round. There are a few threads with winter set-ups.

You're not ever going to see weather with our amount of snow and ice out here....and I have no problems.
Old 01-14-09, 02:52 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

I bought mine last August 2008 on a 2008 in Calgary, AB though. I got about 1500 cad discount off a fully loaded IS-F and paid just a bit over 70,000cad taxed in. Well here in AB we don't have luxury tax and we only have GST instead of BC's GST+PST.
Old 01-14-09, 04:15 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I do remember the discussion on MBW. And you raise a valid point. That's actually not a bad idea...buying the car in Alberta. Funny thing is my shortlist is really all over the map: I'm looking at an ML63, the IS-F, and an Audi TT-S.

I know, it's totally bizarre.
Buying the car in Alberta makes economical sense, but don't forget you need to register the car in Alberta first. I hope you have friends or family living there that you can use as a dummy address (to register your license plate and vehicle registration). Find out from ICBC if there are any penalties for bringing in an out of province car. I don't know if there is or not, but it would be good to find out BEFORE you buy.
Old 01-14-09, 06:34 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Buying the car in Alberta makes economical sense, but don't forget you need to register the car in Alberta first. I hope you have friends or family living there that you can use as a dummy address (to register your license plate and vehicle registration). Find out from ICBC if there are any penalties for bringing in an out of province car. I don't know if there is or not, but it would be good to find out BEFORE you buy.
That's great advice. Much obliged.