IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 06:19 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J2K
37.... the F was a gift from my wife for beating stage 4 cancer.
Congrats brutha. I lost my father to cancer when I was 20, it was a horrible thing to watch him go through and couldnt imagine going through that in just a few years, which is our age difference, too young... I hope you remain healthy and enjoy every single horsepower of the IS-F. You deserve it man.
Old 02-15-11, 07:44 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

63 and owe $24K. I can do better investing that than the 2.7% I'm paying on the loan.
Old 02-15-11, 08:12 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not so fast... I was 17 when I got my is-f in 08, so I hold the title for youngest is-f owner. Yeah...extremely generous parents I have and I love them. Hopefully you guys wont hate on me...I love the car and I drive responsibly most of the time.
Old 02-15-11, 08:28 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 7No
63 and owe $24K. I can do better investing that than the 2.7% I'm paying on the loan.
Oh here we go, some people who are making payments are taking what I said as a personal insult... I love when people say things like this though... Especially in regards to depreciating cars. Like you were so clever that you thought "I'm going to put down $30,000 and finance the rest at a low rate because I can get a better yield on my invested funds" but in the same breath sign the paperwork on a loan for a vehicle that is going to depreciate $20,000 over the next two years. If that's the case, I'll take a 2008 pay 4.5% interest and pocket the difference in depreciation, or better yet give the money to your investment advisor!

All I was trying to say is that the younger members shouldn't go in to a large amount of debt over a car or to just keep up with their friends.
Old 02-15-11, 08:32 PM
spekterg35
Rookie

Originally Posted by pc1990
Not so fast... I was 17 when I got my is-f in 08, so I hold the title for youngest is-f owner. Yeah...extremely generous parents I have and I love them. Hopefully you guys wont hate on me...I love the car and I drive responsibly most of the time.
In know a kid who got his ISF when he was 15. 2009 fully loaded USB. He was disappointed his parents didn't get him a camaro. So they bought him one of those also. weird kid
Old 02-15-11, 09:10 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

I'm resisting the urge to slap you. JK man. I'm 18 and just extremely jealous of you. You've gotta realize how fortunate you really are. I worked for two summers full time to pay for my GS. Go downstairs and thank your parents right now! haha Do you happen to live in Carlsbad?

Originally Posted by spekterg35
In know a kid who got his ISF when he was 15. 2009 fully loaded USB. He was disappointed his parents didn't get him a camaro. So they bought him one of those also. weird kid
Wow, you can say spoiled! Be happy with what you got. Kids nowadays It doesn't mean as much if you didn't work for it.
Old 02-16-11, 12:10 AM
eFFer
Driver School Candidate

Thirty-seven and divorced....so there it is!
Old 02-16-11, 02:22 AM
m3twof
Driver School Candidate

34 and soon turning 35..okay 34n 1/2..lol!
Old 02-16-11, 05:48 AM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fapout
Congrats brutha. I lost my father to cancer when I was 20, it was a horrible thing to watch him go through and couldnt imagine going through that in just a few years, which is our age difference, too young... I hope you remain healthy and enjoy every single horsepower of the IS-F. You deserve it man.
Thanks for the well wishes Fapout. I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a nasty disease was without a doubt the single scariest and most surreal thing I've ever experienced. Six months after I finished treatments, my wife dragged me to the Lexus dealership under the pretense of looking at an LX470. Twenty minutes into "looking at SUVs", we went to grab some keys for a LX470 test drive and on the way to grab them, we turned off into a closed room just off of the showroom floor.... and there was my F (red bow and all) .
Attached Thumbnails IS F owners age...-car.jpg  
Old 02-16-11, 07:26 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^Sweet deal my dad supercharged his s2000 months after the doc said they got it all... It is a scary thing to be involved with i cant imagine going through it first hand.... My F still smokes his s2k haha
Old 02-16-11, 07:40 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
Oh here we go, some people who are making payments are taking what I said as a personal insult... I love when people say things like this though... Especially in regards to depreciating cars. Like you were so clever that you thought "I'm going to put down $30,000 and finance the rest at a low rate because I can get a better yield on my invested funds" but in the same breath sign the paperwork on a loan for a vehicle that is going to depreciate $20,000 over the next two years. If that's the case, I'll take a 2008 pay 4.5% interest and pocket the difference in depreciation, or better yet give the money to your investment advisor!

All I was trying to say is that the younger members shouldn't go in to a large amount of debt over a car or to just keep up with their friends.
Whoa! No offense intended. It was just a reply with my info. I see you disagree (and even vehemently). That's cool, bro.
Old 02-16-11, 07:57 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 7No
Whoa! No offense intended. It was just a reply with my info. I see you disagree (and even vehemently). That's cool, bro.
I'm sorry. I thought your comment was directed at me. If you go back about a page or two, you'll see my discussion about financing things and younger people biting off more than they can chew just to keep up with others... No offense my friend.
Old 02-16-11, 09:46 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by J2K
Thanks for the well wishes Fapout. I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a nasty disease was without a doubt the single scariest and most surreal thing I've ever experienced. Six months after I finished treatments, my wife dragged me to the Lexus dealership under the pretense of looking at an LX470. Twenty minutes into "looking at SUVs", we went to grab some keys for a LX470 test drive and on the way to grab them, we turned off into a closed room just off of the showroom floor.... and there was my F (red bow and all) .
Looks so pretty in that bow LOL ...Is that a Neiman Marcus btw?
Old 02-16-11, 09:48 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLcoats
I'm resisting the urge to slap you. JK man. I'm 18 and just extremely jealous of you. You've gotta realize how fortunate you really are. I worked for two summers full time to pay for my GS. Go downstairs and thank your parents right now! haha Do you happen to live in Carlsbad?
No, I'm in socal in the Irvine area.

Originally Posted by spekterg35
Unbeleivable...I had an old corolla to start off. That kid has got it real good with an IS-F and Camaro at 15! WTF now thats crazy.
Old 02-16-11, 01:01 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Looks so pretty in that bow LOL ...Is that a Neiman Marcus btw?
Yesssssir.... NM #05 of 50. She makes the 20+ mile drive to work every day MUCH more enjoyable.

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...