IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 01:55 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J2K
Thanks for the well wishes Fapout. I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a nasty disease was without a doubt the single scariest and most surreal thing I've ever experienced. Six months after I finished treatments, my wife dragged me to the Lexus dealership under the pretense of looking at an LX470. Twenty minutes into "looking at SUVs", we went to grab some keys for a LX470 test drive and on the way to grab them, we turned off into a closed room just off of the showroom floor.... and there was my F (red bow and all) .
Congrats on your fight against the big "C". This is the second time I am undergoing treatment. My cancer came back within 5 years of me beating it before and now I am in the chair again. What type of Cancer did you have? I have lymphoma.

That makes us brothers in a sense.....same car..... same disease......LOL :-)
Old 02-16-11, 03:45 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickhard
Congrats on your fight against the big "C". This is the second time I am undergoing treatment. My cancer came back within 5 years of me beating it before and now I am in the chair again. What type of Cancer did you have? I have lymphoma.

That makes us brothers in a sense.....same car..... same disease......LOL :-)
Good luck with your treatments. The second round will do the trick. Positive thinking goes a long way in the battle as I'm sure you know. Mine was cancer of the oral cavity (squamos cell carcinoma). It basically started in the socket where a wisdom tooth had been removed and invaded my mandible. Had about 20 to 25% of my mandible resected and rebuilt with tissue, vessels and bone (fibula) from my right leg. Had 6 weeks of radiation after I healed up from the surgery. Been clear for about 20 months.
Old 02-16-11, 08:21 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J2K
Thanks for the well wishes Fapout. I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a nasty disease was without a doubt the single scariest and most surreal thing I've ever experienced. Six months after I finished treatments, my wife dragged me to the Lexus dealership under the pretense of looking at an LX470. Twenty minutes into "looking at SUVs", we went to grab some keys for a LX470 test drive and on the way to grab them, we turned off into a closed room just off of the showroom floor.... and there was my F (red bow and all) .
Awesome bro. That look of surprise f'n rocks. Where are you at in FL? I have a townhome in downtown St. Pete. I lived there for about 5 years.
Old 02-17-11, 04:48 AM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fapout
Awesome bro. That look of surprise f'n rocks. Where are you at in FL? I have a townhome in downtown St. Pete. I lived there for about 5 years.
Small world!!! I was born and raised in St. Pete and used to tear it up downtown on the w/e.... just sold my house in St. Pete two years ago and moved a few minutes north to Largo/Belleair.

If you come back down to the area with your F, you have to let me check out that ISS Forged exhaust. I've been telling my wife we might have to take a trip down to Miami soon to do some shopping..... "ISS Forged exhaust shopping" that is.
Old 02-17-11, 06:00 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by J2K
Small world!!! I was born and raised in St. Pete and used to tear it up downtown on the w/e.... just sold my house in St. Pete two years ago and moved a few minutes north to Largo/Belleair.

If you come back down to the area with your F, you have to let me check out that ISS Forged exhaust. I've been telling my wife we might have to take a trip down to Miami soon to do some shopping..... "ISS Forged exhaust shopping" that is.
Yeah. DTSP has came a long way. Did you get your F at the Lexus dealershiop on US 19?

In St. Pete, we own one of those multicolored townhomes at 9th Ave. N. and 7th St. by Crescent Lake. I don't get down there nearly enough. Something tells me though that once I have that ISS forged exhaust on there, I won't drive the F no more than 100 miles because my brain will feel like mush.

I have an HD video camera that does the 5.1 so once I have the exhaust on, I'm going to do some high quality audio of the car so others can hear it because I haven't yet found anything that is a good quality representation of the exhausts sound.
Old 02-17-11, 06:07 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

That's great to hear it's been 20 months. I hope it is gone for good bro. Here is to good health, cheers!!

Originally Posted by J2K
Good luck with your treatments. The second round will do the trick. Positive thinking goes a long way in the battle as I'm sure you know. Mine was cancer of the oral cavity (squamos cell carcinoma). It basically started in the socket where a wisdom tooth had been removed and invaded my mandible. Had about 20 to 25% of my mandible resected and rebuilt with tissue, vessels and bone (fibula) from my right leg. Had 6 weeks of radiation after I healed up from the surgery. Been clear for about 20 months.
Old 02-17-11, 06:49 AM
diablo2184
Pole Position

damn, a lot of younger guys have one huh?

ill add, im 24, bought mine used when I was 23.....and yes my money
Old 02-17-11, 07:33 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
Something tells me though that once I have that ISS forged exhaust on there, I won't drive the F no more than 100 miles because my brain will feel like mush.

I have an HD video camera that does the 5.1 so once I have the exhaust on, I'm going to do some high quality audio of the car so others can hear it because I haven't yet found anything that is a good quality representation of the exhausts sound.
Well I hear you on the not driving to far but guess my head might be mush as I am going on a 1000 mile round trip to go home visit family this weekend. Might need to get some ear plugs. My TSX exhaust is loud and I can deal with it on the same trip for the first 5 hours and then the last 2 are just painful then.

I hope to make some decent videos tonight but they won't be 5.1 sound but at least it is a point and shoot with dual mic instead of the typical single mic.
Old 02-17-11, 07:51 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Well I hear you on the not driving to far but guess my head might be mush as I am going on a 1000 mile round trip to go home visit family this weekend. Might need to get some ear plugs. My TSX exhaust is loud and I can deal with it on the same trip for the first 5 hours and then the last 2 are just painful then.

I hope to make some decent videos tonight but they won't be 5.1 sound but at least it is a point and shoot with dual mic instead of the typical single mic.
I used to have an S2000 with a titanium top fuel exhaust that droned like a MF'er... I did the AKA rally in that thing. 6,000 miles in 9 days. Went from STL to Manhattan NY to LA back to STL.

So it may not be as bad as that, my 335xi exhaust drones pretty bad too. I'll get over it I'm sure. That dual mic thing might be what I have. I have a JVC HD everio camera with the 80 gig harddrive. Not sure. I could be talking out of my ***.
Old 02-17-11, 04:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,064 Likes on 2,461 Posts

Guys - let's focus on the thread title. These sidebars are great for PM, not so great for this thread.
Old 02-21-11, 06:13 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Guys - let's focus on the thread title. These sidebars are great for PM, not so great for this thread.
OK, I'm really 105 and got the IS-F to drop panties.
Old 03-15-11, 07:28 AM
iffy08
Rookie

I'm 21. Opened a seafood company when I graduated college at 20. Let's just say it's doing exceptionally well. I just got my ISF, posting pictures extremely soon.
Old 03-16-11, 08:20 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

26 herer ISF's in australia cost 136K drive away
Old 03-23-11, 08:16 AM
MR2Racer28
Driver School Candidate

26. I got it last year.
Old 03-23-11, 08:46 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iffy08
I'm 21. Opened a seafood company when I graduated college at 20. Let's just say it's doing exceptionally well. I just got my ISF, posting pictures extremely soon.
So you're saying it's on Walmart shelves already eh?....

Me = 35 with 2009 USB Alpine Interior.

Anyone care to trend the results? Demographics?

Last edited by PurduePete; 03-23-11 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...