IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11 | 09:36 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

This is a nice thread! I don't have an IS-F but I wish to have one in the future. But graduated, living at home, working 2 businesses with the parents(pretty much a role reversal..mom parties and dad gambles..I manage the business and babysit my young brother), and I'm no money to spend on myself! But they pay $900 a month for my 07 GS350. Seeing 19-22 year olds buying an IS-F makes me want to say mom and dad..I need a REAL JOB!
Old 03-26-11 | 06:36 AM
johnsy
Driver School Candidate

37! 08 ISF....my lady 31 just joined the Lex family with a new 250awd
Old 03-26-11 | 04:32 PM
jlt23
Driver School Candidate

34 and an 08 ISF new. Bought it when I was 31.
Old 03-27-11 | 04:14 PM
kcb77
Driver School Candidate

30ish 08 ISF
Old 05-09-11 | 06:22 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s4play
Wow kids driving $60k cars is nice but no way you are paying for it yourself....be honest please....

Unless you are willing to have a $1k monthy payment or work your butt off just to support the car which is not too smart.

Let's see now, 21/22 puts you just out of college so either you are a full scholarship ride smart kid with no college debts or you are living at home and don't have a mortgage yet. Don't get me wrong it's great to have a nice car at 21! When I just got out of college I had a s4 and worked every summer and part time to save up for it.

And just curious but how many of you OWN the car with no lien or bank loan? Making payments for 84 months is not really ownership "yet"
I'm 23 and just picked up a 2008 USB IS-F, and yes, I payed for it myself. I also have a 98 Acura Integra. The F is insured under me. I am paying for insurance for both cars as well. And YES, I did buy the F on a loan.. so what? How many of you OWN your houses outright without a mortgage? I don't understand why people make such a big deal about buying a car on a loan instead of cash.. I'd rather not be "car rich and cash poor" as they say.

I've been blessed with parents that stress financial security, so that is why I am able to afford the car. Not to mention I chose a college that was not only affordable for my father but also recognized by major companies... I'm now repaying him by contributing to mortgage and helping my mother around the house when needed. I never had college loans and I love my job.

My next goal is to save up for an apartment, and I WILL make it happen.

This post was bothering me so I just had to post back with my response.
Old 05-09-11 | 12:28 PM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

29 years old and got 08 USB/alpine in december 2010... Enjoying every minute I drive it on my long commutes to work on the highway...
Old 05-09-11 | 12:39 PM
Steve727
Lead Lap

27 08 ISF owner, I have a mortgage, a gf that helps me dispose of my income and there is no way in hell I would have a car loan for $400 - $900, that's just crazy!! Also my employer covers my tuition every semester!! Lol.

I love the F and if u got it, obviously u have some disposable income to have it whether u own a house or not. Cheers to all "F" owner cuz it definitely isn't a cheap car!!
Old 05-09-11 | 05:39 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I'm 23 and just picked up a 2008 USB IS-F, and yes, I payed for it myself. I also have a 98 Acura Integra. The F is insured under me. I am paying for insurance for both cars as well. And YES, I did buy the F on a loan.. so what? How many of you OWN your houses outright without a mortgage? I don't understand why people make such a big deal about buying a car on a loan instead of cash.. I'd rather not be "car rich and cash poor" as they say.

I've been blessed with parents that stress financial security, so that is why I am able to afford the car. Not to mention I chose a college that was not only affordable for my father but also recognized by major companies... I'm now repaying him by contributing to mortgage and helping my mother around the house when needed. I never had college loans and I love my job.

I like your mindset, my friend! The financial perspective that your parents passed onto you surely paid off, and I'm not talking about the cars. People who say that young people can't possibly pay for such nice and expensive cars perceive those who do as either the "trust fund" babies, ones that always get whatever they want from their rich parents. This is not always the case. To me, age is but a number, which has no bearing on the financial aspect of owning a vehicle. It doesn't matter if one is 18 or 81 or older...just have fun with your cars, and most importantly enjoy life!

But I can understand how some posters feel about rich parents giving away cars as gifts. Not all kids deserve them, yet many oddly enough have such nice rides. It's more a responsibility factor than anything else. If they've earned it, then let it be. But if they haven't, I know they are more likely to wreck it, feeling that their parents can get them another one. I'm more worried about that than how young some IS F owners are.
Old 05-09-11 | 06:16 PM
7No
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VtotheJ

I couldn't even afford condoms when I was 23.
Old 05-09-11 | 06:17 PM
dodo121
Rookie

31...paid off my 2010 IS-F, and 2010 Subaru Impreza... have a house mortgage...own my own business
Old 05-09-11 | 06:27 PM
JcISF
Rookie

25 - 08 Black ISF, have a mortgage, and a wife. All me, although, I wouldn't mind having rich parents.
Old 05-09-11 | 07:55 PM
Caddystang
Driver School Candidate

New to the forum, but have u all beat! My girlfriend/baby momma bought mine for me! Lol! It's actually just her work car that I drive on the track every other weekend...2008 black is-f
Old 05-09-11 | 07:57 PM
Caddystang
Driver School Candidate

Oh, and 32 years young, with mortgages, plural, on two houses! Going broke with a smile!
Old 05-09-11 | 08:03 PM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Caddystang
New to the forum, but have u all beat! My girlfriend/baby momma bought mine for me! Lol! It's actually just her work car that I drive on the track every other weekend...2008 black is-f
^^ get 'em pimpin!! Lol
Old 05-09-11 | 11:25 PM
longuyen88
Driver School Candidate

23. Own 2 rental properties (no mortgage). Currently in grad school, living at home and looking to get an 08 ISF, does that count? lol

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...