IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 10:40 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*I just read the entire thread*
Disregard my post

Last edited by CCJ22; 08-09-11 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-09-11, 12:00 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By being young doesnt mean we cant be financially stable.

Im 26, own a home, own my own car dealership(40 car inventory), have a wife, have a 2 year old daughter.

Its an older thread but i had to post
Old 09-05-11, 10:51 PM
ItsanF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22 when I bought mine, now I'm 23.. Pays off to marry a hot, wealthy girl
Old 09-06-11, 06:25 AM
Adamgbrown
Driver School Candidate

31 yo. Just bought my 2008 ISF 2 weeks ago as a OEF post-deployment present to myself. Its a dream come true. Spent 7 months searching and comparing BMW, Benz, Lexus and without a doubt I know that the ISF was the right decision. Awesome car !
Old 09-06-11, 10:18 AM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

26, had a honda civic for about four years, traded it in for the ISF....UpGrAdE!! I've had it for 12 days and am ridiculously happy with the purchase. it's black. I put 35% tints all around, got yellow fogs, LED DRL, changed the wedge bulbs so they r crisp whitish blue, just ordered the tow hook license plate, and most importantly the ISS forged exhaust is coming soon
Old 09-06-11, 05:57 PM
JenISF
Driver School Candidate

25yrs old - Female.... Bought mine early this year. 2008 IS-F ... Black. Thinking about wrapping it. Love the car - Went from a Hummer to IS-F.

IS-F makes a great mom car! ;-)
Old 09-06-11, 09:22 PM
g6g35
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zapa
i am 16 and have one
Where in VA are you? I'm in northern VA. I'm 25 by the way
Old 09-07-11, 06:56 AM
tbone8801
Driver School Candidate

I am 39 about to get married. My going away present to myself
Old 09-07-11, 08:26 AM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

I'm 29, just picked up a 2008 in white 3 weeks ago. I'm single and own a home and have another project car.
Old 09-07-11, 10:46 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JenISF
25yrs old - Female.... Bought mine early this year. 2008 IS-F ... Black. Thinking about wrapping it. Love the car - Went from a Hummer to IS-F.

IS-F makes a great mom car! ;-)
Wow. Hummer to IS-F. Big change!

How many girls we got here? The only other one I can think of is CathaFer (sp?) but she doesn't post much.
Old 09-07-11, 04:11 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

Default Does not matter how we got the F

Simply put I am 38 and love my USB F . I to bought a new car at 18 so I understand both sides young vs old. I still have my first lex 94 es 300 with 227,000 currently.
Old 09-08-11, 09:48 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Smile age of isf owners

I am 60. I paid cash for my ISF in April. I noticed that the person I bought it from stated that he sold it to an "older" gentleman. That made me laugh! My congratulations to all of us that can own and appreciate such an incredible car, regardless of our age. I can tell you however, that if I could have gotten my hands on a car like this when I was 23 years old, I would be dead. At 23, what I wanted to drive was a 427 Cobra. What I could afford was a Volkswagen fastback. Now, I look back and see that it was a blessing that I didnt get the Cobra. I thought I was the next Gilles Villeneuve and drove accordingly. It's a miracle that I am still alive! I got away with it, but a lot of people dont. Be careful and treat this incredibly fast car with the respect it deserves! Have fun.
Old 09-08-11, 10:23 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by seimsag
I am 60. I paid cash for my ISF in April. I noticed that the person I bought it from stated that he sold it to an "older" gentleman. That made me laugh! My congratulations to all of us that can own and appreciate such an incredible car, regardless of our age. I can tell you however, that if I could have gotten my hands on a car like this when I was 23 years old, I would be dead. At 23, what I wanted to drive was a 427 Cobra. What I could afford was a Volkswagen fastback. Now, I look back and see that it was a blessing that I didnt get the Cobra. I thought I was the next Gilles Villeneuve and drove accordingly. It's a miracle that I am still alive! I got away with it, but a lot of people dont. Be careful and treat this incredibly fast car with the respect it deserves! Have fun.
Welcome....from one 60-year old to another. Most in here would probably only remember Jacque Villeneuve if they remembered the Villeneuves at all, so it's great to run across someone who remembers the great GV. Thanks for the sage advice as well.
Old 09-08-11, 10:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by seimsag
I posted to this thread last year when I was 71, bump that up a year to 72. And I have always had fast cars, and in my youth did some incredibly stupid things.

My first car was a slightly modified '50 Mercury. One of the real stupid things I did happened in Texas when I was 18 and in the USAF. A friend and I (his name was Bucky and he had a much modified '40 Ford) decided we'd have a race in the poor section of town, Victoria, Tx. We roared up the main street with me on the wrong side of the road and neither of us backing off. People were jumping off the street as we came speeding by. It's a miracle I'm here to tell about it.

Lou
Old 09-08-11, 11:34 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I posted to this thread last year when I was 71, bump that up a year to 72. And I have always had fast cars, and in my youth did some incredibly stupid things.

My first car was a slightly modified '50 Mercury. One of the real stupid things I did happened in Texas when I was 18 and in the USAF. A friend and I (his name was Bucky and he had a much modified '40 Ford) decided we'd have a race in the poor section of town, Victoria, Tx. We roared up the main street with me on the wrong side of the road and neither of us backing off. People were jumping off the street as we came speeding by. It's a miracle I'm here to tell about it.

Lou
well, you were in Texas, so the locals just assumed that you were either AJ Foyt or Johnny Rutherford!

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...