IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 03:17 PM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F Owner's Age

I'm 48......yikes......although this thread is making me feel old....at least I look young. I have to say I'm blown away to see how many owners there are in their twenties. I say you should be proud because you are def in an elite class of people who earned a very nice car.

Vintage
Old 12-14-11, 04:04 PM
LBmtb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage
I'm 48......yikes......although this thread is making me feel old....at least I look young. I have to say I'm blown away to see how many owners there are in their twenties. I say you should be proud because you are def in an elite class of people who earned a very nice car.

Vintage
I was pretty shocked myself as I was reading through the responses. I thought I was going to be one of the younger ones here but even at 27 I old compared to some of the other F owners here.
Old 12-15-11, 12:34 AM
FredmanX
Driver School Candidate

Smile

32 yrs old. Nursing Student, going for RN.
Asst. Admin for my Fathers Nursing School.

I had a nice IS 250. But after a few videos. And a test drive I was sold.
I am very pleased with this car.

Luxury - check
Class - LEXUS - check
Power/Speed/FUN??!!! -CHECK!!!!!
SEDAN???? - check!

toyota made, made in japan. check!!

= super overjoy.

NO matter what age you are, you know why you got this car, and you know why you love it.
how you got it, doesn't matter, love it and enjoy , and share with each other.

be a proud , IS-F owner and represent!!
Old 12-16-11, 11:08 AM
Beeelbee
Rookie

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I don't know if I'm speaking for all F owners in their early 20's but it's no cakewalk... I had to make some sacrifices to get it...being in this age group I feel spoiled with such a car but I worked hard for it

Time to save up for more intelligent investments: grad school and property!
In my case it was ALOT of working at a young age, and making smart decisions. While most of my friends experimented with drugs and forming bad habits... I started buying/building/racing cars and worked hard for them. Not to mention... starting a 401k after a car accident when I was 18 helped me build some early investments. I'm in Sales now and LOVE my job. So that helps too
Old 12-17-11, 09:26 AM
John7033
Driver School Candidate

I'm 46 and this is the first Lexus for me. I was originally planning on an Audi S4 from Niello Audi, and when I got to the dealership with down payment in hand, they insisted I had to pay the full MSRP--no discount.

I will never know why they passed on guaranteed sale, but that was the tipping point and root cause of my decision to buy an IS-F.

Happy accident, eh?

-John

Last edited by John7033; 12-17-11 at 09:27 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 01-02-12, 11:27 AM
Tempest
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll be 33 in January and consider myself in the old category. I have a great job working for a Fortune 500 company and I'm proud to say that I did it all on my own. No wife, no kids, no house/condo. I purchased my ISF used because it was such an awesome deal and since I don't drive daily, I still have a budget for my 09 R1 and track days

I worked hard to get where I am today and I will continue to stay on the grind. I have extra respect for those that support themselves and their families.

If you get hand-outs, then you're privileged and should appreciate it and be humble about it. I wouldn't boast about possessing a car that others had to genuinely earn. Not everyone is that fortunate and your lack of respect shows how ignorant you really are. It just affirms why I generally frown upon second generation money.

I'm not saying if you're young, you're not self-sufficient. I'm saying that if you earned it, hell yeah brag about it. If you didn't, then keep it to yourself... you're not impressing anyone on this forum.
Old 01-05-12, 08:51 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm 29 here, do product development and technical sales for a cheese company in Wi.
Old 01-06-12, 08:12 AM
TimoISF
Driver School Candidate

I'm 25 years old and paid it by my own earned money - i studied Design and work as Fashion Designer for a major brand - so nothing added from my parents (:
Old 01-06-12, 09:06 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

35 here. just bought my second IS-F. I remember reading about this car when it came out as a concept vehicle. I dreamt about how nice it would be to own such a nice car. Well I never thought it would come true! I love this car and I hope to keep it for a long time.
Old 01-08-12, 08:33 PM
whlz
Driver School Candidate

I'm a 29 yr old mechanic. No student loans, no help from da parents and NO wife lol. I have to say im a bit surprised on all the response. It's nice to see da F has a wide age bracket. I owned alot of cars (00GS400, 07 infiniti M45, 2002 S2000) just to name a few and would have to say this is one of my favorites!!!
Old 01-10-12, 10:54 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I'm also surprised by the younger ages. I'm 36 and can't imagine affording an ISF 10 or 15 years ago.
Old 01-10-12, 12:55 PM
Valkirk
Driver

I thought I was a young owner being mid 30's but now feel quite old! Lexus will be pleased though as they have been wanting to attract younger drivers!
Old 01-10-12, 07:16 PM
fred900
Driver School Candidate

I'm 46. I wanted a sports car so I bought a 370Z, being a 2 seater with a wife and daughter it never got driven. Gave it away with 3500 miles on it to the Lexus Dealer for my 2011 IS F. Sorry but my first choice was the GTR, but everywhere I went they were over MSRP and no one was dealing. I am very happy with my decision, I love the IS F more and more every time I drive it.
Old 01-11-12, 09:35 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

After reading this post I am shocked at how many people in there 20's bought an ISF. Congrats to you guys esp if your the few who worked hard and earned it without mommy and daddy. Hard work def pays off. Last year I was 22 when I purchased a brand new 2011 IS350 F Sport. Could have bought a used 09 Black ISF. It was a tough decision but I picked the route of new car over a used car. Till this day I still wonder if I should have went with the F. Oh well I love my car esp with all the mods. Plus I was the first one to put miles on it.

Last edited by Lexus408; 01-11-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-11-12, 09:44 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i am 40 and I have always driven sports cars starting with Camaro (73 classic), STI, then Spec B and now ISF. My next car will also be a sports car.

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...