IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12 | 08:12 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

P.S - I'm calling BS on alot of these kids on here just FYI.
Old 06-28-12 | 08:34 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I am 16, my dad bought it for me as a birthday gift! I like going around corners sideways, I almost hit a guy once though. so i need to be careful.
Haha MisterSkiz... stop lying

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
Kind of lame for you to be posting in this thread, you're a professional athlete and you don't even own an IS-F. Idk what "kids" you are referring to... IMO anybody in undergrad with an ISF most likely didn't buy it with their own money. Just like rc2o6 I'm 24.. picked up an ISF at 23 after working hard for a year after graduating college... I deserve it.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 06-28-12 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-28-12 | 09:26 AM
psixtc
Pole Position

I'm 28 and bought the F as a divorce present to myself. I wanted one ever since I drove one in '08. Plus it was cheaper than the ex-wife, so I'm actually saving money.
Old 06-28-12 | 10:15 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

I am 29 and find the F a perfect DD
Old 06-28-12 | 10:40 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
LOL,.. In that case my son is 12 days old, and I willingly handed the keys over to the F to him...So technically he is the youngest ISF owner to date! lol.. No B.S. I am the father giving to my son ! ahaha ... "Arrogance for many men is bliss, but my portfolio, assets, and education is bigger" lol, sorry just had to guys im amusing myself with these off the wall comments....

Old 06-28-12 | 10:43 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StealthFF
:... "Arrogance for many men is bliss, but my portfolio, assets, and education is bigger" lol, sorry just had to guys im amusing myself with these off the wall comments....

Quoted for truth. Some people just want to make themselves feel better...
Old 06-28-12 | 10:46 AM
flyverylow
Rookie

This thread is funny, I am enjoying these comments from some of the members on here.
Old 06-28-12 | 11:12 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

I hope I didn't come off as aroggent. I'm a pretty humble an generous person, not one to flaunt things. Those comments from a person posting on the avarage age of an ISF owner who doesn't even own one but wants to prove how smart he is, how big his house is and how he could by the car at any time got to me.
It's not right to gauge your personal achievements or assets as the standard which everyone should base there decisions on. My father also taught me values, I work very hard for my money. Sometimes for over 100 hours a week and months without a day off. Passing judgment is foul play and this topic is for owners of ISFs.
That being said I know I bosted what I have in reply but I just wanted to prove the point that you should know your customer before making comments.
Everyone here is in a different situation, some may not have even had a father to teach them anything growing up.
The fact of the matter is we all enjoy a commen interest and that is a car. Everyone gets to where they are in a different way. The idea is to hear how they did it and why. Enjoy the different thoughts people bring to the table, don't bash them.
Old 06-28-12 | 11:36 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

I'm 32 years old. I grew up around cars and my dad gave me a Dodge K car to mess around with when I was 15. I fixed the motor, built a stereo system for it, ect. I never did drive it, it was for play. When I got my license I bought an 86' Shelby Charger 2.2 turbo 1.
After that I added a 1991 Ford Super Coupe to my collection. The SC got stolen and then I picked up a 1991 Talon Tsi AWD. I was hooked on the power I could make easly with that car. I joins club DSM and started working on other members cars for money while being a "B" tech. at Toyota. From there I progressed to owning a shop building DSM, Evo, Z32, JZA80, ect.
I got tired of DSMs after over 10 years of them. I love Supras but there is not a big customer base for them around here. EVOs are great cars but rust buckets in the northeast. All of that and the fact that my lease was ending sent me on another path. I closed my shop and became a master tech. and shop forman for KIA. I did it for a few years while continuing building cars for my better customers at night. It really burnt me out and I got sick of working on cars all day and night.
I decided it was time to make a change and persue other interest. I am now involved in researching and developing assets and still work on the cars I enjoy at night.
Of all the cars I have owned or worked on I prefer Toyota. I have a Supra that is well built and have an IS250 that was my DD.
I typically drive my SUV in the winter and while running around during the day. The Supra is to nice to leave unattended in a parking lot. I found that I was not driving the IS250 in bad weather but loved the car, that's when the F came in. It is the perfect car to use for DD when I don't use the SUV but can't drive the Supra.
I love th Supra and the F equally but in different ways. (I think that's a line parents say to there kids )
Old 06-28-12 | 12:00 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RCB
I hope I didn't come off as aroggent. I'm a pretty humble an generous person, not one to flaunt things. Those comments from a person posting on the avarage age of an ISF owner who doesn't even own one but wants to prove how smart he is, how big his house is and how he could by the car at any time got to me.
It's not right to gauge your personal achievements or assets as the standard which everyone should base there decisions on. My father also taught me values, I work very hard for my money. Sometimes for over 100 hours a week and months without a day off. Passing judgment is foul play and this topic is for owners of ISFs.
That being said I know I bosted what I have in reply but I just wanted to prove the point that you should know your customer before making comments.
Everyone here is in a different situation, some may not have even had a father to teach them anything growing up.
The fact of the matter is we all enjoy a commen interest and that is a car. Everyone gets to where they are in a different way. The idea is to hear how they did it and why. Enjoy the different thoughts people bring to the table, don't bash them.
I thought that quote was, and I requoted in regards to the 22 year old "pro athlete" TooFly4Ya... Who is "living below his means" but "owns 7 cars" and a "9ksq ft home". You would have to very gullible to believe he could provide backing to all of that... He also stated in the past that he had "Tons of tuning replaced perhaps half of everything under the hood, exhaust, intake, radiator ect and a nice little red button for the days I wish I didnt work 60+ hours a week" on his is350... since has been deleted, but still shows on his past posts log. I called him out on that, and he then just said it was all NOS no tuning... Just another guy taking advantage of being online and saying anything he wants.

See
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7130774-post19.html for all the work he claims on the 350...

See claims of owning a GS, ES, and IS:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7165580-post21.html

Had an M3:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7166389-post29.html

For the most part not calling the above quotes lies, but saying you're living below means is where you make me call you out. What sport do you play? How are you 22 years old, out of college and playing pro ball (and apparently been getting paid for a while judging by your fantastic below means lifestyle)?
Old 06-28-12 | 12:13 PM
FastPaced
Rookie

It seems that this thread is turning into a pissing contest. Who cares about the $$$ in your bank account or how large the bowl where you take your dump is. Be grateful for what you have and be proud of it. We are all (well most of us) IS-F owners or fans and that's all that matters here. Getting this thread back on topic: I'm 22
Old 06-28-12 | 12:16 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Im 29 with no cool story to tell. Im just an average Joe working hard to get what i deserve, no bragging necessary

Now bring on the popcorn cuz ****s about to get serious in here! LoL!
Old 06-28-12 | 12:28 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

27, guarantee I'm the biggest balla in here... I drive a celica on the weekends. LOL

Am proud to own the ISF outright though.
Old 06-28-12 | 12:51 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

I can't wait til I'm old enough to go to bars, or order a drink at Chili's! I have two more years in High School, my girlfriend likes me car, and the new Justin Beiber "Believe" cd sounds so good! I love the subwoofer. I like to rev the car up in the school parking lot.
Old 06-28-12 | 01:06 PM
supafreeza
Pole Position

I'm 31 here. I manage both a car and mortgage payment. I'm surprised there are so many young people with this car. I was driving a 90 integra throughout high school and college. On the other hand, you only live once and you gotta sometimes splurge!

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...