IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Based on just the following colors, which do you prefer most?
Black.
22.73%
Silver.
25.00%
White.
52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

IS-F color debate/discussion (need help please)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 08:40 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IS-F color debate/discussion (need help please)

Okay, with the amazing prices on 08s, I am SERIOUSLY debating between the following colors in order of preference. Which of the 3 do you like best and why?
Black, Silver, or White?

I've always been a black car owner and LOVE it like no other, but the lighter colors show the aggressiveness of the front fascia, SO much more than black.
Thoughts? Need help please!

EDIT--- I'm adding SGM, just don't know how to edit the poll. So the 4th choice is SGM. Thx!

Last edited by ES3; 01-28-09 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-25-09, 08:58 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally chose Mercury Metallic (silver) because I really like the way it shows the body lines of the F, it is really easy it is to keep clean and I like the contrast the body color has with the stock wheels This was my first silver car (blue and black before this) and I'm really enjoying it.

My vote for second place would be Starfire pearl (white). The white is a great looking color in person and it also shows the body lines of the F well and is easy to keep clean
Old 01-25-09, 09:03 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Black, Matador Red, or Smokey Granite are the best colors IMO. So I guess of the ones you posted I'd go with black but you should reallyyyyyyyy check out Matador
Old 01-25-09, 09:33 AM
VSL-F
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The F looks great in all colors. I have black and LOVE it, especially at night. You really need to go with the color that YOU like... it's going to be your car and you have to be happy with it!!!

By the way, I've seen the silver one (ecarlink) in person and it's in great shape!! Also, the price has been dropped about 4K in the last month.
Old 01-25-09, 09:38 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I already made my choice, Mercury Metallic, my wife's ES is Tungsten Pearl. To me, the look like the same color. I luv mine

Lou
Attached Thumbnails IS-F color debate/discussion (need help please)-mine-rear-and-side-reduced.jpg  
Old 01-25-09, 10:17 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I already made my choice, Mercury Metallic, my wife's ES is Tungsten Pearl. To me, the look like the same color. I luv mine

Lou
MM, is by far the best and not to mention fastest color on the F. It has been thoroughly tested and is the most aerodynamic color option. JK, I choose the MM because like bigmike said I think it shows off the lines the best but still is just an opinion, and it appears to look clean longer. I wash my cars once a week, and wax once a month, so looking clean is important to me. I have had the F now for 3 weeks and it has 5 coats of Zaino on it, you know it is that type A personality.

You really have to look at them in person up close and then make the decision as to which one works best for you.
Old 01-25-09, 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

on the is-f, me and my wife both think white is the best
Old 01-25-09, 10:40 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This should be an easy answer, ES3 - you say you love black "like no other", therefore Black is the best color!

White is a close second, IMO.
Old 01-25-09, 10:42 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I chose MM b/c of everything BIGMIKE said. The contrast with the rims looks so sharp. The white is a close second for me though b/c it is such an original color and also has great contrast. Black just didnt really do it for me. Although now with all these picture threads the black is growing on me. Tough choice. Good Luck!!
Old 01-25-09, 10:47 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

I'd take a white one
Old 01-25-09, 11:51 AM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Black is sexy when it's clean, but very hard to keep clean. Swirl marks and scratches show up very easily compared to the other colors. Smokey Granite Mica is just as nice and can "mask" the imperfections a lot better. Honestly, I was in the market for a Starfire Pearl (white), but couldn't find one locally and the black ended up growing on me tenfold.
Old 01-25-09, 02:12 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Of the choices you gave, I like Silver.....most practical (to me)
If the red had been available up here in the first year, I would have held out for it instead....

Black is very sexy, and white now is very popular and the 'in' colour for '09.

Any of those will work.......

C.
Old 01-25-09, 04:49 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

I have a feeling you're going to get a very even split on this one which really isn't going to help your decision. I'd go for white out of those 3.
Old 01-25-09, 05:00 PM
foup
Driver

I prefer the white or more exactly metallic white. I initially wanted black but it's just a nightmare to keep clean, the white can accept not to be washed as often and still looks bright and beautiful. As for silver, that's Mercedes color and after I sold my MBZ I did not want to get back there. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails IS-F color debate/discussion (need help please)-foup_isf_1.jpg  
Old 01-25-09, 06:39 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Great comments all! Thanks so much!
You all raise very valid points.
Having had black cars forever, including my IS350, I knew I'd be drawn back to black, but am really noticing the lighter colors show much more of the IS-F's lines, and I like the contrast of the rims and ESPECIALLY the front air intake, with a lighter color. Did any of you who were considering black have, choose a lighter color for some of these reasons?

Quick Reply: IS-F color debate/discussion (need help please)