Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I want these seats!
Hmm how bad do you want them?
Old 01-27-09, 06:04 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFfan
They do not pick up stains very easily at all. there are no stains on mine or fabric color transfer, the only visible wear is small creases from getting in and out of the car, which I would imagine is also an issue with darker seats.
Same thing for me. I haven't had the car nearly as long as ISFfan, but I also have no stains - just the creases, especially on the left edge of the driver's seat b/c that's what I usually hit when I get in the car (after all, the F is not the easiest sedan to get into). It's probably more noticeable on the white seats though.

I do not use a seat cover, but I clean and condition about every month or so using Meguairs gold class leather cleaner and/or lexol. I love the uniqueness of the seats.
I also use Meguairs every so often (I think I actually read a post several months ago where you recommended it, which is why I picked it up). It cleans well and actually I think the conditioner helps with the creases.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The Only way to get these White Leather seats in an IS-F, is if the car was Special Order with them and/or Built to Spec. by the dealership manager that orders the cars well in advance.
That's not actually true - a number of IS-F's with the Alpine interior were sent out to dealers this summer as a reward for high sales volume. Those that know me/my post history know I only buy cars off the lot, so that's how I lucked out and got mine, because I never would have special ordered one. My dealership also had two on the lot with another arriving soon (why the salesman was willing to admit that I'm not sure ), so I was able to snag a great deal. Not as good a deal as people are getting now of course, but for back then, I was very happy with it.
Old 01-28-09, 12:01 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
That's not actually true - a number of IS-F's with the Alpine interior were sent out to dealers this summer as a reward for high sales volume. Those that know me/my post history know I only buy cars off the lot, so that's how I lucked out and got mine, because I never would have special ordered one. My dealership also had two on the lot with another arriving soon (why the salesman was willing to admit that I'm not sure ), so I was able to snag a great deal. Not as good a deal as people are getting now of course, but for back then, I was very happy with it.

Interesting...

I guess they had to figure out a way to get rid of some of those extra White Leather seats they had laying around for the IS-F, @ the factory..

Joe Z
Old 01-28-09, 07:58 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the white interior as well....Seats are holding up very welll....as mentioned above these seats do not get stained easily....Just little wear on the left side from getting in and out....I also felt how leather feel is different on the white ones than black ones
Old 01-28-09, 07:59 AM
LexFather

Thanks Joe and GEngar!
Dana and ISFan and Sal thanks for the feedback!

I was also under the impression white leather was delivered mostly with the Blue color cars and mostly in the West/Cali allocation. I know a member on here has white on white.
Old 01-28-09, 11:39 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks Joe and GEngar!
Dana and ISFan and Sal thanks for the feedback!

I was also under the impression white leather was delivered mostly with the Blue color cars and mostly in the West/Cali allocation. I know a member on here has white on white.
i own the white on white it has been fairly easy to keep clean hell i have yet to get my drivers seat dirty at all but i still wipe the seats with the meguirs wipes every week just to keep the fresh white look on them and i don't wear any type of jeans in the car at all,the alpine is not for everyone if ur not the type to keep your car spotless-stay away from them but it does give the car a more exotic and unique look + the leather is softer than the black
Old 01-28-09, 11:41 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm how bad do you want them?
Depends on your price. I got some ridiculous offer last time. PM if you're serious.
Old 01-28-09, 12:03 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Leather feel is definitely softer on the white than blk leather
Old 01-28-09, 08:09 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have fabric transfer on mine blue/red where the small of my back comes in contact. I think it was an isolated incedent and I will try to remove it.

I am thinking of putting black alacantra on the middle portion of the two front seats anyways. What do you guys think?
Old 01-28-09, 08:18 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duboseq
I have fabric transfer on mine blue/red where the small of my back comes in contact. I think it was an isolated incedent and I will try to remove it.

I am thinking of putting black alacantra on the middle portion of the two front seats anyways. What do you guys think?
Are you putting black alcantra in the middle to prevent staining on the white or just for looks? because in my personal experience..I've noticed that the hardest part to stain is definitely the middle as compared to the sides.. but if itsfor looks..thats up to ur opinion..but I wouldnt..
Old 01-28-09, 08:22 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Are you putting black alcantra in the middle to prevent staining on the white or just for looks? because in my personal experience..I've noticed that the hardest part to stain is definitely the middle as compared to the sides.. but if itsfor looks..thats up to ur opinion..but I wouldnt..

I am doing it for both reasons. In the modification thread they show a pic of black seats with blue alacantra and I liked it. If someone had some photo shop skills maybe they can chop it to give me an idea.

I do not know how that stain got there and I have tried leather cleaner to get it off with no luck. Going to try Meguires next.
Old 01-28-09, 08:28 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duboseq
I am doing it for both reasons. In the modification thread they show a pic of black seats with blue alacantra and I liked it. If someone had some photo shop skills maybe they can chop it to give me an idea.

I do not know how that stain got there and I have tried leather cleaner to get it off with no luck. Going to try Meguires next.
If I get a stubborn stain, I use Lexol leather cleaner. I find its a little stronger than the meguiars..
Old 01-28-09, 08:30 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/images/attach/jpe.gif
Old 01-28-09, 08:36 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-thread-2.html

Click link and scroll down to the blue on black seats.
Old 01-28-09, 11:27 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I to love the look! but i could never keep them spotless and if they were not perfect i would drive myself crazy! good luck! i would use a white towel with jeans though or with a dark slack ink will rub off in time and will cause discoloring.