IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

just wondering?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 01:34 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm asking myself the same question. I'm getting a custom catless exhaust made and my custom maker can either make it in SS or Ti material. He estimate around 1500-1600(CAD) for the SS and 2800-3000(CAD) for the full Ti version. He also claiming that he'll get me around 25-30 whp but elimanating the primary catz as well. I trust him though as he's a very close friend of mine who has been in the modding car industry for decades. Tough decision.

Last edited by ISF-88; 01-29-09 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-30-09, 09:14 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 20WHP is coming from the ECU tune alone, not from the TCU. So basically it's $1700 as DRE1615 mentioned above.

I wouldn't spend a penny on wheels, I love the stock IS-F ones, but there are people spending +$4K on them. Same with watches, I spend +$3500 without a problem when I can get a $30 watch that will serve the same purpose. If you have the money, it's up to you how you want to spend it.
Old 01-30-09, 10:18 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
The 20WHP is coming from the ECU tune alone, not from the TCU. So basically it's $1700 as DRE1615 mentioned above.

I wouldn't spend a penny on wheels, I love the stock IS-F ones, but there are people spending +$4K on them. Same with watches, I spend +$3500 without a problem when I can get a $30 watch that will serve the same purpose. If you have the money, it's up to you how you want to spend it.
i guess your right.. ive wasted much more on the stock market in 08
Old 01-30-09, 01:04 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btwanky,

Didn't most of us. I don't even want to think about how much I lost in the last 15 months.

Juan,

I am susposed to get my units back from Andy tomorrow. Early next week I should have some dyno results.

As the next step I have ordered a set of Joe Z cat-back headers today and they are scheduled to arrive at the end of next week. After their installation I will run additional dyno results.

It should be interesting. Since this is venturing into the unknown there are many potential results from 60-70 % of the of the sum of the two individually to some synergism between the two systems that will give 120% of the sum of the two. Who knows, time will tell.

Pat
Old 01-30-09, 01:10 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FPR1939
As the next step I have ordered a set of Joe Z cat-back headers today and they are scheduled to arrive at the end of next week. After their installation I will run additional dyno results.
Cat-back headers?
Old 01-30-09, 02:38 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I hope Lexus is listening to the owners on here. While the F is a strong competitor in the segment, it will absolutely get it's doors blown off by a tuned/modded C63 or tt M3.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but even with the tune and exhaust, etc. we're only looking at about a 40hp increase. MHP has finally given us a tune upgrade, and through no fault of his, we can only get 20 hp.

I'm curious how much more the car has in it with a tune plus all available performance mods?
I could almost garrentee that the M3 would produce less gains than the IS-F. The only reason why the C63 is making gains it is ,is b/c it is detunned.
Old 01-30-09, 02:42 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I could almost garrentee that the M3 would produce less gains than the IS-F. The only reason why the C63 is making gains it is ,is b/c it is detunned.

not to mention they are working with a engine that is 1.2L bigger then ours
Old 01-30-09, 03:07 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Btw, Dave, where the heck are pics of your new F?

Thought delivery was supposed to be the 26th?
Old 01-30-09, 03:40 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Btw, Dave, where the heck are pics of your new F?

Thought delivery was supposed to be the 26th?
Yeah... About that. Delivery has been pushed back to the Feb the 11th, hard to explain but it has a lot to do with superstition, it has to be delivered on a "good" day, so to speak(I can't really explain it any further than that). I got a call that the car would be a day late and of corse the 26th was a good day and the 27th was not, so the next good day just happens to be two weeks later on the 11th. I will post some pics on the 11th as it is sitting a the dealership as we speak so there will be no delays this time.

I personally want to see the full exhaust system and intake, then upgrade the ECU. I don't really want to send my ECU over to the states too many times if I have to.
Old 01-30-09, 03:48 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Cat-back headers?
+1

Yeah... About that. Delivery has been pushed back to the Feb the 11th, hard to explain but it has a lot to do with superstition, it has to be delivered on a "good" day, so to speak(I can't really explain it any further than that). I got a call that the car would be a day late and of corse the 26th was a good day and the 27th was not, so the next good day just happens to be two weeks later on the 11th. I will post some pics on the 11th as it is sitting a the dealership as we speak so there will be no delays this time.

I personally want to see the full exhaust system and intake, then upgrade the ECU. I don't really want to send my ECU over to the states too many times if I have to.
Wow, that sucks Dave! Has your car at least been built and shipped to the dealership or do they not have it yet?
Old 01-30-09, 04:02 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
+1

Wow, that sucks Dave! Has your car at least been built and shipped to the dealership or do they not have it yet?
No, it arrived on the 27th at the dealership and was ready to drive out the door, but all I could do was look at it. I figure If I have waited this long ,what is another two weeks.
Old 01-30-09, 04:15 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

You are right Dave600hl, I misspoke (well mistyped) I meant Cat Back exhaust. I have been discussing long tube headers so I guess that was on my mind.

Pat
Old 01-30-09, 04:20 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Talking

"I personally want to see the full exhaust system and intake, then upgrade the ECU. I don't really want to send my ECU over to the states too many times if I have to.[/QUOTE]

We are trying to get the maximum out of the tune before you have to send your ECM to the US.

Pat
Old 01-30-09, 04:43 PM
dana_daen
Driver

3K for only 20hp , that's impraticle. Wouldn't do it.
Old 01-30-09, 04:47 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

No, it arrived on the 27th at the dealership and was ready to drive out the door, but all I could do was look at it. I figure If I have waited this long ,what is another two weeks.
Sure, sure....we'll hear a new story in a couple weeks....j/k. It's gotta suck being teased like that.

Can't wait to see what you get out of it when you have it fully modded up!

Quick Reply: just wondering?