IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Controversial MHP thread on another forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 10:04 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The point of the MB thread is that the TCU is physically located in the tranny and Tim said that Andy didn't tune the TCU, then people argue that the TCU can be flashed through the ECU, as MB do it all the time...

Now for the IS-F it seems to be different as the TCU is physically located next to the ECU and BOTH are shipped to Andy for reflash...

Last edited by timeToy; 02-10-09 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-10-09, 10:33 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

"Tim" the OP on the MB forum clearly has an agenda. Although he makes a half point about the TCU tuning vis-a-vis that MHP cannot totally reflash the TCU in a C63 without removing the tranny. However the counter argument is, MHP CAN reprogram the C63 TCU to a certain extent through the ECU in order to improve shift points and shift timing and that's all MHP/Andy ever claimed he would/could do. Secondly "Tim's" accusations regarding the ECU just do not seem to hold water. Clearly the experiences of C63 owners that had the tune, dyno'd and tracked their cars speaks volumes. What is MHP doing with the ISF ECU since he does not have a similar car such as the E63 or S63 to use for the basis to remap the ISF ECU as "Tim" would like the MB owners to believe? Clearly the gains between the C63 and ISF are not on par, but the fact remains there are gains and he's the first one to do it through an ECU tune. Andy has been nothing but transparent and accomodating since he joined us on CL. Let's not jump to conclusions here based on one unfounded claim from a pissed off guy and I agree retitle the thread. Certainly more will come of this inflammatory post. I think BG Tuning's (an MB sponsor) response to the thread said it best...

I think this is funny is it April Fools already, Some so called hacker/backwards engineer comes on this forum, starts a thread making false coments and untruths about a vendor who sponsers this fourm and has delivered a product that does what he says it does, allowed other people to drive his vehicle to prove it. Has called out other tuners for a shoot out to prove his product, posted multiple unbias track/dyno results, has tuned vehicles that have had prior other vendor custom tuning done already and surpased there results and 1/4 mile times, and this hacker is going to say all he does is install a e63 tune in the ecu. Now thats a joke! How funny is that! He has tuned the fastest vehicles to date including his own test vehicle to prove the tune. And as far as the TCU tuning this so called hacker shows a picture of a valve body with the solinoid pack ontop and says that is the TCU, now that is funny! Why don't you drop your laptop into a hot pan of oil and lets see how it works. Here pull out your valve body and send it to a tuner and have his tune it. Not going to happen!! The TCU processing is done within the ECU on some models and makes and he can tune it where other vendors cannot!! End of Story!! Close and delete this thread!!!!!

Last edited by cssnms; 02-10-09 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-10-09, 11:01 AM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
Read the whole thread, as Juanca said, the members that have the tune stand behind Andy and question the claim from Tim that he can make 520 RWHP on the stock C63, by "flashing a E or S63 file" !
Well of course the ones that purchased the tune for $$$$ are going to stand by it because they did see gains and no one wants to look stupid or admit to spending that kind of money and say, "Hey I paid $$$$ and I got ripped off". The issue of that thread wasn't whether there's gains or not. It's how he achieved them and the false advertising of TCU tuning when it's actually limited settings via the ECU.

The thread is half & half for both sides. Interesting discussion though...
Old 02-10-09, 12:27 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dem fightin' words... still waiting to hear from MHP

Last edited by btwanky; 02-10-09 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-10-09, 12:46 PM
cssnms
Racer

Originally Posted by Damage
It's how he achieved them and the false advertising of TCU tuning when it's actually limited settings via the ECU.
Easy on the accusations fella... Don't come on here throwing jabs at a sponsor without factual support. Now show me the false advertising! Andy claimed nothing more then he would do a TCU tune that will improve shift points and shift timing, which is exactly what he delivered, accomplished via the ECU. How is that false advertising??? As for the HP gains and signs of support from Juan and the MB owners, look at the dyno results. Their support for MHP has nothing to do with the fact that they spent $$$'s for a tune it's all right there in B&W.

Last edited by cssnms; 02-10-09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-09, 01:04 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooo this is gonna get interesting.

I have to admit though i dont have andys tune, but i think enough evidence is provided that he has delivered on his promises. So ill give him the benefit of the doubt. call me naive, call me whatever u want. its gonna take more than some guy "calling him out" to change my mind.
Old 02-10-09, 01:27 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cssnms
Easy on the accusations fella... Don't come on here throwing jabs at a sponsor without factual support. Now show me the false advertising! Andy claimed nothing more then he would do a TCU tune that will improve shift points and shift timing, which is exactly what he delivered, accomplished via the ECU. How is that false advertising??? As for the HP gains and signs of support from Juan and the MB owners, look at the dyno results. Their support for MHP has nothing to do with the fact that they spent $$$'s for a tune it's all right there in B&W.
+1, agreed. everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law (or in this case, until more objective test results come in).

if anyone of you caught my original posts in the is-f ecu/tcu thread (which got deleted by DaveGS4 for being inflammatory), i had originally said we should get the naysayers do this mod, or someone who is objective and trusted on this board to do this ecu tune. if one of the naysayers or a trusted member stepped up and did this mod (and it worked), we would not be having this conversation right now.

when juanca volunteered to be the guinea pig, why didn't any naysayers step up and outline what the base line testing should be, and how to do it? it's ok to have doubts about the product, but at least the doubters should have voiced their opinion and advise juanca what they want to see in terms of proof that this works.

so juanca does the best he knows how, and naysayers say the proof isn't good enough? why didn't you guys say so before he did the tune? it would have saved us all the hassle in the first place.

the next is-f ecu tune that gets done, someone please set up the baseline test parameters (so there's no doubt in anyone's mind that the ecu tune works or doesn't work).

Last edited by Stormforge; 02-10-09 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-10-09, 05:35 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This entire thread is a complete joke. Don't know why we're reposting mbworld threads here?
Old 02-10-09, 05:35 PM
cssnms
Racer

Not sure if anyone is following the MB World thread but there's been some interesting developments... Andy speaks but only briefly through a rep from the company that owns the MB World site.

One poster had this to say...

Trust me, there are only one or two people posting on this thread that have the inside knowledge that I hav on this entire issue...and it is much bigger than any of you can even imagine.

The plot thickens...

BTW, where has MHP been on CL with all of this going on? Can a moderator confirm Andy/MHP still has access? Andy has been silent on other vehicle forums too. Hmmmm... Has anyone attempted to reach him? Juan?
Old 02-10-09, 05:45 PM
MHP
Pole Position

Gentlemen I can tell you with 100% certainty as any of our customers will that "Tim Milliken" is purely on that site (he joined just to do so) to post libel and defamatory comments in an effort to hurt our business. We are handling this "off-line" as he's already crossed the lines by posting terms like "stealing" "robbing" "lying" etc. We're being railroaded (notice that the thread started the day after I somehow get suspended for 30 days for something I did not do) and the site is run by a competing entity.
I ask that everyone please form their own educated opinion based on the results provided by our objective testers of all makes and what we've proven to you on this forum thus far.
The MB game is a highly cut throat and disgusting place to do business behind the scenes. In 3 weeks we'll be racing at MIR and will have at least 6 of our tuned vehicles on hand to break our own existing records.
Anyone with any specific concern is welcome to call me directly at any time on my cell 614 940 9523. As you can see by the tuning thread that was started on here, we're an open book and as you can ask anyone with our tuning, we deliver what we say we do.
I realize I haven't been on this site as much (I've been babysitting said thread) in the past few days but as soon as the issue at hand is taken care of I'll be back on more often.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-10-09, 05:48 PM
MHP
Pole Position

For the record, the trans contains a bunch of solenoids on a 7G, they don't know what to do without direction of the TCU portion of the ECU. By raising the shift points, stall speed, increasing line pressure, etc. we've already disproven "Tim Milliken" yet he refuses to accept these facts and continues to lie and post libel. He will be delt with accordingly. Unfortunately due to the BS suspension I cannot even post to defend myself or our business, which is probably the most frustrating part.
The bottom line is we can offer what no other tuner in the world presently can (though we did have some tunes stolen from us in the past 2 weeks, best of luck to those thieving reverse engineers that attempt to crack them) and that makes us a big bullseye. Especially since our competitors are falling out of the game left and right.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-10-09, 05:50 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MHP
The MB game is a highly cut throat and disgusting place to do business behind the scenes. In 3 weeks we'll be racing at MIR and will have at least 6 of our tuned vehicles on hand to break our own existing records.

Thanks
Andy
What date/time will you be at MIR? I'd be interested in showing up if I'm in town. All I know is they open March 7th for test and tune.
Old 02-10-09, 05:52 PM
cssnms
Racer

Glad to hear Andy! Appreciate you coming on here and giving us some insight inlight of what is going on in MB World. THE SILENCE HAS BEEN DEAFENING Hopefully things will work out.
Old 02-10-09, 05:53 PM
cssnms
Racer

Originally Posted by caymandive
What date/time will you be at MIR? I'd be interested in showing up if I'm in town. All I know is they open March 7th for test and tune.
The race is on!
Old 02-10-09, 06:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,365 Posts

OK guys, whomever is posting as CL#1 I suggest you remove your posts on MBWorld or this thread will be closed per our forum rules. We won't be engaged in a cross-forum battle:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...hibited_topics
Prohibited Topics
The following topics and links are prohibited on Club Lexus:

• Links to posts on other forums that foster cross-forum arguments

These threads may be removed, locked or deleted without notification to the member.
On CL we encourage discussions both pro and con of vendors and products as long as they are mature and productive. This is for the benefit of our members in making good decisions about the products the use on their vehicles. If this thread turns into a cross-forum linked argument it will be closed permanently.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-10-09 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Controversial MHP thread on another forum