IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 06:26 AM
bunker108
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cliff,
My 60ft time was 2.347. I know that I can get into the high 13s. I was in manual/sport mode with traction and VSC off. I launched really soft. I can't wait to go back...so I will let you know. I have to look t see when the next test and tune is.

Everyone at the track wanted to know about the car. Do you have an F?
Old 04-03-10, 09:22 AM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bunker108
Hey Cliff,
My 60ft time was 2.347. I know that I can get into the high 13s. I was in manual/sport mode with traction and VSC off. I launched really soft. I can't wait to go back...so I will let you know. I have to look t see when the next test and tune is.

Everyone at the track wanted to know about the car. Do you have an F?
Yeah, same as yours except I have the ISS track exhaust and the Takeda intake. I carry the same handle on lexusfforum and myis.com so we talked briefly on one of the other forums. Get that 60ft time down and your in the 13s easy. Did you have issues bogging or with traction. I know it was only one run so its tough to figure out the sweet spot with only one try.
Old 04-03-10, 01:19 PM
silentpjt7
Driver School Candidate

Default where are you guys shifting

I ran my car the other night and couldnt do better than a 13.001 here in NJ. I do notice a big difference in shifting and was wondering what rpm everyone is shifting at.
Old 04-08-10, 07:32 AM
bunker108
Driver School Candidate

It's all coming back to me now Cliff...

Hey were you at the dealership last week getting a wash? I saw an USB F with an exhaust that got done right before mine. It sounded wicked!
Old 04-08-10, 05:14 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bunker108
It's all coming back to me now Cliff...

Hey were you at the dealership last week getting a wash? I saw an USB F with an exhaust that got done right before mine. It sounded wicked!
Yeah, that was mine, I like to stop during lunch and get Fuddrucker's. Its hard to turn down "The works", thanks for the compliment. Hopefully we can meet in person at the strip and I can watch you run, PM me next time your going so I can go watch.

Last edited by clifftrail; 04-08-10 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 11:53 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Did a shake down run today just before it rained. Sprayed the end of 3rd and 4th and trapped 120mph. Car is moving really nice considering i did the 1/8th in 8.456, 330' was 5.700, and there was 100% humidity. Ill try again this Wednesday hopefully if the weather is better.

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 04-17-10 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-17-10, 03:21 PM
j8123
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Did a shake down run today just before it rained. Sprayed the end of 3rd and 4th and trapped 120mph. Car is moving really nice considering i did the 1/8th in 8.456, 330' was 5.700, and there was 100% humidity. Ill try again this Wednesday hopefully if the weather is better.
120mph is a great trap. It will be interesting to see how you do. Good luck.
Old 04-22-10, 04:19 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Ok so went back to the track last night and i was able to get in full passes (spraying from second gear).

Name:  23172028.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  40.4 KB

Everything was great except my first gear. I wasnt able to launch higher than 1200rpm without getting wheel hop. Other than the first gear traction issue the car ran great. The car in the left lane during my pass was a 517whp gtr. its great because if you look compare our 1/8th and 1/4th mile mphs i was coming for him. Im sure i would be able to get him from a roll without an issue.

At the end of the day im really happy with the car. I wont really focus on it for a while as my project car should keep me busy... But lets just say next time i hit the track i should easily be in the mid to high 11's
Old 04-22-10, 04:25 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok so went back to the track last night and i was able to get in full passes (spraying from second gear).

Everything was great except my first gear. I wasnt able to launch higher than 1200rpm without getting wheel hop. Other than the first gear traction issue the car ran great. The car in the left lane during my pass was a 517whp gtr. its great because if you look compare our 1/8th and 1/4th mile mphs i was coming for him. Im sure i would be able to get him from a roll without an issue.

At the end of the day im really happy with the car. I wont really focus on it for a while as my project car should keep me busy... But lets just say next time i hit the track i should easily be in the mid to high 11's
Nice job man! Get some drag radials on there and you are set to go for consistent 11's.
Old 04-22-10, 11:43 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

very nice runs! Almost to the 11's! I plan to get my GT-R in the 10's...heh
Old 04-22-10, 12:16 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys. 11's coming soon
Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
very nice runs! Almost to the 11's! I plan to get my GT-R in the 10's...heh
Im not going to lie. At first i wasnt a fan of the GTR but over the last few months the car has grown on me. 10's shouldnt be that hard for you and your gtr i think . The traction of that car is amazing and its very consistant. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Im looking for an evo as we speek. hopefully ill be in the 140mph range by christmas but ill keep my fingers crossed.
Old 04-22-10, 01:00 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys. 11's coming soon

Im not going to lie. At first i wasnt a fan of the GTR but over the last few months the car has grown on me. 10's shouldnt be that hard for you and your gtr i think . The traction of that car is amazing and its very consistant. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Im looking for an evo as we speek. hopefully ill be in the 140mph range by christmas but ill keep my fingers crossed.
haha I didn't think much of the GT-R until I researched it and I managed to find a new one for a good price...LoL...but yeah...turbo upgrades are producing low low 10's and mid to high 9's...they should be able to hit 8's soon!
Old 04-22-10, 09:09 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey MrSlay, get stock tires and you'll be in the 11s. I'm telling you, these Hankook V12 suck! My times at the 1/8th mile track were consistently 0.25s faster with the stock Bridgestone than with these Hankook.
Old 04-22-10, 10:09 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juanca
Hey MrSlay, get stock tires and you'll be in the 11s. I'm telling you, these Hankook V12 suck! My times at the 1/8th mile track were consistently 0.25s faster with the stock Bridgestone than with these Hankook.
+1, i only use it cuz of its cheap... i get great deal for whole set..
Old 04-23-10, 04:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

The hankooks hook better than the oem bridgestones IMO. My fastest 60' has been on these tires. Ill never buy another set... but they have been better than oem lol. Next tire is going to be a KDW i think. I dont really drive the car much anymore so i dont think ill mind driving around on some sort of DR.

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread