IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 02:15 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
I doubt it. I bet 90+% of the increase was due to the exhaust and 2nd cat delete. Maybe 1-5 hp for the K&N?

I Dyno'd 12whp with the K&N on top of the Joe Z exhaust and 2nd cat delete. Joe Z exhaust dyno'd 367whp before the K&N intake added. I hit 379whp after adding the intake.
Old 09-13-09, 05:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF-88
I Dyno'd 12whp with the K&N on top of the Joe Z exhaust and 2nd cat delete. Joe Z exhaust dyno'd 367whp before the K&N intake added. I hit 379whp after adding the intake.
Good Numbers.
Old 09-13-09, 05:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Hey Andy,

Those were great numbers for a "Dyno Dynamics" dyno, but as you stated yourself...
Your 1st round of testing had issues..

If you ever go back to the stock airbox, it would be interesting to see the dyno results.

Joe Z
Old 09-15-09, 12:13 PM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12.9 video starting line

hey guy went to the track again 12.95 108 mph
with a 2.09 60F if i remember correctly

hope you enjoy shoulf get better time once que summer heat leaves... and i'll put some real tires.. can only launch at about 800 rpm anything more than that tires go up in smoke...

joe z intake
pts exhaust
tom filter
stock tires
stok everything else...
pump fuel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNH-tuGKl8

hope you like the point of view

Alfredo
Old 09-15-09, 12:30 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Nice run Alfredo......
Seemed like you got a good holeshot on the guy next to you too......

Did you bother taking out any excess weight from the car, minimize the fuel, and reduce the tire pressures a little b4 racing? Just wondering what you did.

Also was it a very hot day?

I see that you've got some experience with your other ride, so it looks like you know what's up at the track.

What do you think the NO2 will be good for? maybe a half second?

C.

Last edited by ISFer; 09-15-09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-15-09, 12:32 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Nice video Alfredo!!!

What was your R/T??
Old 09-15-09, 03:18 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hey Andy,

Those were great numbers for a "Dyno Dynamics" dyno, but as you stated yourself...
Your 1st round of testing had issues..

If you ever go back to the stock airbox, it would be interesting to see the dyno results.

Joe Z

First off thanks Joe for the great products u have made for our F's. 2nd I don't see the need for me to go back to stock intake box as I already dyno'd that set up. To me doesn't matter what kind of dyno I use wether Dynojet or Mustang Dyno or Dyno Dynamics as long as I see gains and all tests were used by same dyno which I've already done.

Also it wasn't that much of an issue with dynoing the JoeZ intake and exhaust dyno run, the Joe Z intake pipe maybe wasn't fully broken in and if it was probabely would of gain me 2-3whp more? The JoeZ exhaust was fully broken in though(1000+ more miles driven on it before dyno test). Anyhow what I tested is what I saw and those are the results. As all my dyno tests were done the same way.

Here in import tuners dyno tests on K&N intake and fujistubo exhaust the gains were similair to mine. Dunno what dyno they were using but doesn't matter, as long as it showed gains.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...s_f/index.html

Last edited by ISF-88; 09-15-09 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-15-09, 09:24 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ Well Andy I appreciate your efforts & kind words...

It's just that your dyno session where you tested the Intake & Exhaust combo, didn't seem to go well at all..
That was in your own words, in which I agreed as well..
You only showed 1/2 the gains you should have from the exhaust & intake combo.

Either way your happy < - > I'm happy..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Old 09-16-09, 02:49 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Well Andy I appreciate your efforts & kind words...

It's just that your dyno session where you tested the Intake & Exhaust combo, didn't seem to go well at all..
That was in your own words, in which I agreed as well..
You only showed 1/2 the gains you should have from the exhaust & intake combo.

Either way your happy < - > I'm happy..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Ya I'm happy with my results, I just wanted to tell u and everyone else that don't believe the K&N intake makes that much power but I've tested it myself and gained that much. Anyhow just like how some others stated dyno runs are just #'s. It does just build egos.
Old 09-16-09, 06:08 AM
anajri
Driver

is-f88 ansd isfer
yeah i even though the sun had gone down it's always hot and humid down here in the D.R. plus its hurricane season.. actually i forgot to mention that i did remove the spare tire and tools. next time i'll remove all the front plastic to help cool between runs (its amaizing how hot it gets onder there) and getting a lighter batery. and try lowering the tires psi....

Yes, i have some experiance i been competing here with a full chassis toyota celica with a 2jz Titan 3.4L engine.. just finished upgrading the car in puerto rico. and it got certified 6.0, ran a 7.48 @186 with a 1.07 60 foot and lifted durring the run. the car is running awsome and still have boost to go. we believe we can touch 6 seconds before the year ends...

Joez
my reaction was .600+ i think i'm not used to running pro tree.. i'm used to prolight so thats something i have to work on..

the car only has 1086 miles on the odo so the car should be getting better and i can actually feel the diference from a few month back the car feel much looser than before.

I really thinking about the nos but going a simpler route.. i'm thinking of installing a single forgger wet system and start out with about 60 hp see how the car likes it and work my way up to 100 hp if the car likes it...so I'll let you know.. I also have a friend who just installed a tom's fuel controller he should try it out between today and tomorrow hopefully well have good new on that.

Lastly here is a video of my best celica run in puerto rico, and you can see where I lifted the gas and flored it again hope you like it......
you can also look at other videos onbooard running 8.0 ect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZoXETaDc8M
Old 09-16-09, 07:53 AM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Yikes, Alfredo.....You're having too much fun there in D.R.

Loved the 7:48 run and can't imagine a 6.0 run when you're behind the wheel. Simply awesome.

I can see why you run at night-time - for cooler air....Days must be real hot like you said.

Best of luck with mods on both rides. Please keep us up on their progress and kudos for the videos too.

Cheers,
Colin
Old 09-16-09, 08:49 AM
anajri
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFer
Yikes, Alfredo.....You're having too much fun there in D.R.

Loved the 7:48 run and can't imagine a 6.0 run when you're behind the wheel. Simply awesome.

I can see why you run at night-time - for cooler air....Days must be real hot like you said.

Best of luck with mods on both rides. Please keep us up on their progress and kudos for the videos too.

Cheers,
Colin
jjejejej yeah just a little fun thanks bro
Old 09-16-09, 12:15 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by anajri
Joez
my reaction was .600+ i think i'm not used to running pro tree.. i'm used to prolight so thats something i have to work on..
Good stuff... you can subtract -.100 from your run..
just for kicks..

Perfect Launch & R/T on the Pro Tree is .500

Joe Z
Old 09-17-09, 01:14 AM
jake14f
Driver School Candidate

here are some of my runs not exactly at a track tho. youtube user name is jake14j
Old 09-26-09, 11:10 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Default low numbers?!?!

hey guys,

i dyno'ed today with hood down, 68 degrees F, with sport mode on and VSC off... on a mustang dyno. the only performance mod i have is the joe z exhaust... so apparently the best run was:

334.1hp @5812prm / 104.7mph
and
327.9 torque @4904prm/86.9mph

what gives?

i'll scan and upload graphs, pics, and audio later...

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread