IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus had to buy back my ISF

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 06:40 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sulfur
The odds of getting 2 Lexus lemons in a row has gotta be lower than hitting the jackpot in Vegas.

While true, with how they tried to fight his claim, they would of lost my business as well. I'd go with the M3 and sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the F
Old 04-08-09, 07:18 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default broken hood latch

A broken hoodlatch could have happen by some idot doing a PDI inspection . Besides a bad engine is whole lot worse and would certainly would turn me off a particular brand ,regardless .
Old 04-08-09, 09:33 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

I say they compensate you with a GS-F when it comes out or a LF-A. =D
Old 04-12-09, 10:21 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
A broken hoodlatch could have happen by some idot doing a PDI inspection . Besides a bad engine is whole lot worse and would certainly would turn me off a particular brand ,regardless .
Agreed. Powertrain problems is a big deal. But I wonder what else the PDI inspector missed...LOL.

The Cadillac dealer didn't impress me with that car. The salesman barely knew anything about the car, they wouldn't let me drive it, they wouldn't even let me turn it on! All I could do is sit in it. Most states prohibit returning a vehicle after you drive it off the lot so I'm unwilling to spend $65k going on faith that the car was right for me (minus the broken latch of course).
Old 04-12-09, 10:24 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

Updates:

The BMW sales manager called me on a follow-up. When I told her I was going with the Acura TL, she wanted to show me an M5 they recently got.

I'm very impressed with the BMW M5. The one I'm looking at is dark blue with the Brown Merino leather and the olive ash wood-grain interior....it's beautiful! And lots of comfort and loaded with options!
Price tag is more than double the TL AWD. This M5 is RWD automatic and goes for $97,000 (BASE price 85.5k) so it has about $11k worth of options on it. I never knew that heated steering wheels existed before till I tried this car. And the head-up display is cool it displays my speed on the windshield whenever I want it to.

I can get the Acura dealership to go down on the TL by as much as $5,000. And BMW dealer will only go down on the M5 by about $4,000.

Now I'm stuck as to which sudan to buy. M5 is nice but pricey! I could afford it and buy it in full with cash like I did with the ISF, but with sports cars, we buyers tend to lose a lot of money on the resale of cars this pricey. Imagine buying a car for 93k and after 3 years it's only worth 50% of that! YIKES!
Old 04-12-09, 10:47 AM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default test drive cts-v

I hear you newly manu , I wouldn't buy anything if I wasn't allowed a test drive either . I would assume there must be other cadillac dealers out ther that would oblige . I was able to test drive the new cts-v no problem , and other high performance cars as well to compare . The new V is the best of the best in my opinion as far as four door sedans go and therefore I ended up buying one . The car is truly amazing by any standards .

cheers
Old 04-12-09, 01:36 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

If you really like the M5 you should keep an eye out for a nice used example. I looked at a 2006 M5 with 30k miles on the clock before I bought my F. The dealer was asking $42,500. I'm betting you could find a nice 2007 or even a 2008 with low miles for less than a new M3 would cost.
Old 04-19-09, 02:15 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

hey B D HEMI,

I got to test drive the CTS-V with another dealer. I called ahead to make sure that I can test drive. The CTS-V is too fast for me. It is very responsive to the driver and I'm hitting high speeds in a short amount of time, and the car somehow tricks me to where I end up not knowing that I'm going that fast. It's hard to explain you really need to drive in the car with me to understand what I'm talking about. But overall I'm impressed with that car in terms of speed and agility. But that car is not for me - I'm not a racecar driver...lol

But thanks very much for the info! It was an interesting experience to drive a sportscar for the first time in that manner....like you guys...lol
Old 04-19-09, 02:32 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

Default My last post!

Well I'm off the forum now. I don't own an ISF anymore so it makes no sense I stick around. So for people looking to buy a used WHITE-colored ISF beware! If you decide to buy a used white ISF and it is not a certified used vehicle, pressure the dealer to find out of any LEXUS buyback disclosures. And check the repair history. My white ISF should show evidence that it was a LEXUS buyback with at least two attempts to repair the transmission.

I'm buying a brand new white Acura TL AWD tech package for $37,595 - great price for a 43,000 car eh?

Thanks Everyone!

P.S. Cabinetman thanks for the suggestion of buying a used M5, but after looking online for them (places like autotrader), I've decided it was best to go to a new car.
Old 04-19-09, 04:12 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

WOW sorry to hear about the problems with your new baby. I cant believe tat Lexus wouldnt just take the car back without having to goto arbitration, and when it did they try to play the "abuse" BS. I would be turned the hell off by Lexus after this. You are right, for them to expect you to drive an ISF like a geriatric is a joke. This car is an M3 contender.
Old 04-22-09, 07:17 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Talking

Hey newly Manu your welcome ! I hear what you are saying about the speed of the new CTS-V , it feels very deceptive and you have to be carefull , the car is very quick . I had the pleasure of owning a 07 Z06 C6 corvette before I traded it in against the 09 CTS-V caddy , so speed doesn't scare me with any car out there , but I must admit I have to use two hands on the steering wheel when I "tromp" on the gas peddle on the big "V" !
Congradulations on your new ride !

B D HEMI
Old 04-22-09, 07:35 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting another year or two before i trade in the IS-F for a used V or AMG............as much as I like the F, there is absolutely no trunk space, the rear seats don't fold down and I can't fit three in the back. And the V and AMG cars are so much easier to tune and modify. Drop the V off at Hennessey and you are running 10's with a pack of Geritol in the glove box...............drop an AMG off at Renntech and you're running 10's with four golf bags in the trunk
Old 04-22-09, 08:09 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 8speed
I'm waiting another year or two before i trade in the IS-F for a used V or AMG............as much as I like the F, there is absolutely no trunk space, the rear seats don't fold down and I can't fit three in the back. And the V and AMG cars are so much easier to tune and modify. Drop the V off at Hennessey and you are running 10's with a pack of Geritol in the glove box...............drop an AMG off at Renntech and you're running 10's with four golf bags in the trunk
Very True...

I hear quality is getting better with the new GM cars...
Old 04-28-09, 10:48 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
Hey newly Manu your welcome ! I hear what you are saying about the speed of the new CTS-V , it feels very deceptive and you have to be carefull , the car is very quick . I had the pleasure of owning a 07 Z06 C6 corvette before I traded it in against the 09 CTS-V caddy , so speed doesn't scare me with any car out there , but I must admit I have to use two hands on the steering wheel when I "tromp" on the gas peddle on the big "V" !
Congradulations on your new ride !

B D HEMI
Thanks. It's faster than the ISF. But the F and M3 are reasonable speeds and acceleration for me.

Cadillac's 6.2L supercharged V8 is killer! If they just made a smaller supercharged V8 with less horsepower and less torque, placed it under the hood of the V, and charged at least $8,000 less, I would have purchased. Unfortunately no such version exists

Now they did point me to look at an STS-V because it did have the smaller V8 I'm looking for. But I wasn't willing to purchase it - the STS-V is $20,000 more and not really a sports car like the CTS-V.

-Manu

Last edited by newly_Manu; 04-28-09 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-28-09, 10:53 AM
newly_Manu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8speed
LOL! golf is soooooooo boring! I tried it once and that was it. Is truck space the only reason you want to switch?

Quick Reply: Lexus had to buy back my ISF