IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ventross front lip pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-09, 02:30 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice mods. With the springs are there any alignment/camber issues? Are you going to go through tires more rapidly?
Old 03-19-09, 07:58 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Get it to fit well and its a winner! I love those headlights! How did you do that?
Old 03-19-09, 08:02 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the lip but not feeling the headlights...sorry...
Old 03-19-09, 10:04 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything looks really good I would definitely contact Ventross with regards to the fitment and see what they say, it should be flush and tightly held on the bumper
Old 03-19-09, 10:28 PM
slowIST
Driver

Thanks all for the comments, in regards to the headlights:

i had them painted by a kinda local shop here in so cal. PM for info on pricing (not sure if i can put that down here) and for a number.. (not sure if i can put that up either)

iSuxel: If the is-F headlights came black on the overseas model, would you like them? sorry, i know they arent JDM, but the authentic JDM altezza lights for my is300 were flat black with amber corners. i just wanted to mimic the look a little. but to each his own. =]

LexISguy: The alignment went close to or within stock spec. Initially, all the numbers were red (out of oem limits). After aligning, the numbers all turned green again, but one. I forgot what exactly it was, im thinking it was camber. I am on my 3rd set of rear tires, still the OG tires up front. 12,000 miles on the car =/. Im sure the tire wear is based on my aggressive driving.
Old 03-20-09, 12:29 AM
AndyZ
Rookie

I think everything looks great...but the fitment of the front lip is pretty surprizing to me. We didn't have that issue on the MotorworldHype IS-F.

Did you put on the lip yourself or did a body shop do it for you?
Old 03-20-09, 12:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looks good, love the white with cf look, perfect. i am surprised about the fitment, even though you scrapped it already, i think it's still worth talking to them about it. they are the same company that makes vorsteiner right? their stuff for mb, bmw, and porsche seem to have very good fitment
Old 03-20-09, 03:34 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
wow...nice...but sad about the fitment...maybe you can ask ventross to see what they can do...
+1... helping you out = big PR for them!!!
Good luck!
Old 03-30-09, 11:08 PM
2LTurbo
Driver School Candidate

hello, did you ever try contacting Ventross about your front lip fitment issues? I want to get this front lip as well but if the fitment is like that then forget it.
Old 03-31-09, 08:28 AM
slowIST
Driver

Nah, i really dont have much spare time.. I just drilled the damn thang into the bumper. HAHA. =/

Fits almost perfect now, the edges are still coming up slightly, but the front is 100 % spot on. The front is what worried me most. Every time i washed the car, water would seep into the crevice on the sides (shown on my first post). The stickiness of the tape eventually weakened and the front started drooping.The sides weren't ever gonna fit properly, i knew that. But the fact that most of my travel time is on the freeway, the headwind achieved at 80 - 100 mph really freaked me out. I heard it tapping the bottom of my bumper. If it was securely attached, it shouldnt be tapping. I "final destinationed" myself. I pictured it coming off, me running over it, it popping a tire, and me getting dead. And people behind me getting sprayed with pieces of carbon fiber and fiberglass. So i drilled it. Ill put some new pictures up later today, this time with a real camera. Blackberry storm ftl.
Old 03-31-09, 08:46 AM
isbeater
Driver

Originally Posted by slowIST
Thanks all for the comments, in regards to the headlights:

i had them painted by a kinda local shop here in so cal. PM for info on pricing (not sure if i can put that down here) and for a number.. (not sure if i can put that up either)

iSuxel: If the is-F headlights came black on the overseas model, would you like them? sorry, i know they arent JDM, but the authentic JDM altezza lights for my is300 were flat black with amber corners. i just wanted to mimic the look a little. but to each his own. =]
When I was working in tokyo I saw 2 (one USB and one Obsidian) ISFs ( I already had mine at the time too) The headlights were exactly the same as what we get here. The only distiguishable difference was the side markers...
Old 03-31-09, 11:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

That looks pretty good despite the fitment issues. Where in SoCal are you at?
Old 03-31-09, 11:19 AM
ni8done
Driver

Looks good!.... But I must say the Eibach springs look like they only lowered the back of your car!?
Old 04-01-09, 09:36 AM
slowIST
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
That looks pretty good despite the fitment issues. Where in SoCal are you at?
Im from Northridge.. San Fernando Valley.
Old 04-01-09, 09:40 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowIST
Im from Northridge.. San Fernando Valley.
Yee SFV
I live in Chatsworth.

Quick Reply: Ventross front lip pictures