IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Should I Be Satisfied???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 06:24 PM
"Lexappeal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Yeah, and then some guy with a modded Supra will show up and kill the bike...

There's ALWAYS someone faster.
Very true.....depends on how deep the pockets are. My 03 Cobra puts out 612rwhp and thats considered almost slow these days.
Old 03-24-09, 06:31 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexISguy
You should have taken him. A tune and the 335i/135i becomes a beast to bad you might blow up the engine. I have the exhaust as well and I feel my car accelerate quicker than before. Are you still on the fence on the intake? JoeZ gives about 5whp. I still have my SRT I will dyno and find out if I am making any gains. I remember racing you and losing it must have been my shifting lol.
how will you blow the engine in a tune that is warrantied by the manufacture? dinan is well known in the bmw arena.

OP you should not feel bad about a twin turbo, tuned, and that is lighter and correct me if im wrong but has better gearing.

oh and PHXF do some research bc dinan is warrantied by bmw as i have stated.
Old 03-24-09, 07:04 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,068 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Splat
...bc dinan is warrantied by bmw as i have stated.
You might want to try some of your own medicine. Dinan's tune is not warranted by BMW. It is warranted by Dinan.
The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer’s components.
Old 03-24-09, 07:18 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqcx...eature=related
Old 03-24-09, 08:43 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i went up against my friend visionboy's new 335i chipped stage 2 over the weekend (at night after the tx2k9 meets). we did atleast 7 to 8 rolling runs.. starting from as low as 20mph to 40mph going up to 130mph+ and he was unable to pass me. the closest he got was within 1/4 car length. so we were pretty even. i would imagine a 135i with the same mods to be slightly faster.
Old 03-24-09, 11:25 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, and then some guy with a modded Supra will show up and kill the bike...

There's ALWAYS someone faster.
Says the guy with the modded Supra....lol.

What are you getting out of yours?
Old 03-24-09, 11:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Says the guy with the modded Supra....lol.

What are you getting out of yours?
Mine's slower than dirt. There are a few in Atlanta that run 9's, and many that run 10's.
Old 03-25-09, 06:12 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a company called g-power that released a superchager for the E92/90 M3 rated around the 600hp range.
Old 03-25-09, 10:59 AM
JMan604
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexISguy
There is a company called g-power that released a superchager for the E92/90 M3 rated around the 600hp range.
but to the tune of $40-50k + you have to ship the car to them to get the supercharger installed. Not worth it.

intake/exhaust alone won't cut your time by like a second, not enough hp. +5 hp you'll barely feel in any vehicle.

Wait for a supercharger or a turbocharger for the IS-F's, then you can start smoking more than half the cars out there.
Old 03-25-09, 01:12 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

Before I bought the IS F the cars I was looking at were the 335i and M3. It was the BMW dealer themselves who told me the Dinan kit was warranted, and it was the dealer who would install the stage 2 upgrade, which is basically done by removing the ECU and shipping it to Dinan. They told me if I purchased car and Dinan kit through them, I would have full warranty matched by Dinan and they would support me on this. They also said the 335i with Dinan stage 2 was a match for M3 power.

In order to get the warranty with the stage 2, you have to purchase the oil cooler kit which is more than the tune, unless the 335i was equipped with the performance package which already includes an oil cooler. The stage 2 kit was not really expensive, maybe $1500, and also removes the top speed limiter, so in the end you could lose there as well.

I drove the regular 335i with the factory 300hp and it felt blisteringly fast and responsive out of all proportion. At Denver's elevation, turbos work great and don't lose hp as normally aspirated engines will. I loved it.

On the other hand, I had a street encounter with a 335i and my IS-F had no trouble dispatching it with ease, including several rematches. That guy is for sure a Dinan customer now...
Old 03-25-09, 01:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
...They told me if I purchased car and Dinan kit through them, I would have full warranty matched by Dinan and they would support me on this....
If you read Dinan's warranty, you'll see they must be a Dinan authorized dealer if they are offering this type of warranty. However, it is Dinan, not BMW, who will warrant any fault or failure. Your BMW warranty is dead as soon as you modify the car for more boost. It doesn't mean all warranty for the whole car, but it does mean the warranty for the engine and engine control systems.

To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to the workshop of any Authorized Dinan Dealer, during normal business hours. Proof of purchase in the form of a lawful invoice is required. The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said parts is at the sole discretion of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. Parts for which replacements are supplied under this limited warranty become the property of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. In all cases, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed after the vehicle is delivered to the Authorized Dinan Dealer.
Old 03-25-09, 02:15 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Regardless if a tuned 335i or 135i were faster owning an IS-F or M3 you are in a different league. More so with the F since there are less then the M3.
Old 03-27-09, 04:35 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

If you read Dinan's warranty, you'll see they must be a Dinan authorized dealer if they are offering this type of warranty. However, it is Dinan, not BMW, who will warrant any fault or failure. Your BMW warranty is dead as soon as you modify the car for more boost. It doesn't mean all warranty for the whole car, but it does mean the warranty for the engine and engine control systems.
Yes and in the end, you know what I bought...
Old 03-28-09, 05:08 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

A tuned 335 or 135 is not faster than an IS-F. A tuned 335 and 135 running race gas and a race gas map will be faster than an IS-F. Most guys don't go around filling up on 8$/gallon fuel unless they know they're going out racing. Also, a tuned 335 and 135 that as supporting mods like catless downpipes, upgraded intercooler will beat an IS-F. However, all those things are a moot point. Modified vs. stock. No warrantee vs. warrantee. BTW, the Dinan tune is a milder tune that V3 or JB3 so a Dinan car should be slower (maybe 135 will be equal due to low weight). If you want modified vs modified, why don't you go get some NOS or something. Oh like others have said, go get a Civic and put all that money into it.

The modded 135 video almost beating the lambo is Vishnu's personal ride. The lambo was in the wrong gear and for obvious advertising purposes, the 135 was neck and neck for a while.

Visionboy got a 335i? I used to love watching his IS300 videos!
Old 03-28-09, 08:22 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

he needs to just buy a GTR and stop all this debate!

Quick Reply: Should I Be Satisfied???