IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Should I Be Satisfied???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 09:34 AM
dbastidas0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I Be Satisfied???

Well my friend has a 135i with the Dinan stage 2 tune. We ran it 3 times up to about 100 (traffic did not allow for more) and we were pretty much neck and neck the whole way. I felt that if we would of kept going I would of started to pull away but it is what it is...I dont know if I should be angry, or satisfied. I mean thats a 3.5 twin turbo in a 2 door with a ECU tune and it was neck and neck with me. I mean...I dunno. All I do know is that race just speeded up my MOD process. I have been waiting for a decent intake to come out but F that...(no pun intended) I think Im just going to have to jump on the JoeZ exhaust ...I wanted something that would remove the tips but I cant wait any longer..I need more speed..At least to whoop 135s...
Old 03-24-09, 10:14 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow! i think i would have taken him since i did the exhaust mod my cars seems much faster and guys who said they can usually hang dont.
Old 03-24-09, 11:42 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

You should have taken him. A tune and the 335i/135i becomes a beast to bad you might blow up the engine. I have the exhaust as well and I feel my car accelerate quicker than before. Are you still on the fence on the intake? JoeZ gives about 5whp. I still have my SRT I will dyno and find out if I am making any gains. I remember racing you and losing it must have been my shifting lol.
Old 03-24-09, 12:09 PM
louisp_p
Driver

You know what, 135 is actually 3.0 twin turbo. I think you can go with Joez exhaust intake and get the ECU tuned. That can certainly make you go faster. Not much, but maybe enough to let you pull away from 135.

Last edited by louisp_p; 03-24-09 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-24-09, 01:27 PM
dbastidas0
Driver

Originally Posted by LexISguy
You should have taken him. A tune and the 335i/135i becomes a beast to bad you might blow up the engine. I have the exhaust as well and I feel my car accelerate quicker than before. Are you still on the fence on the intake? JoeZ gives about 5whp. I still have my SRT I will dyno and find out if I am making any gains. I remember racing you and losing it must have been my shifting lol.
dude we got to meet up again so I can here the exhaust...and yeah I am still on the fence witht the intake..I might end up not even changing the intake just because I like the two stage ..Im just wondering if I dont change the intake and just put the exhaust would I end up doing more damage than good...I dont think so but im not sure.... And yeah it was your shifting...lol...But you will have another chance im sure and now with your mods I dont think youll have a problem taking me...
Old 03-24-09, 01:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by dbastidas0
Im just wondering if I dont change the intake and just put the exhaust would I end up doing more damage than good...I dont think so but im not sure.
You wont do any damage with just the exhaust. It's a proven breathing improvement mod (+20 Hp). The intake is just icing on the cake, another 4 or 5 HP.

Lou
Old 03-24-09, 02:30 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

You realize the tuned 135 is probably putting out around 384 hp down and over 400 lbs of torque on a car that is like 400 lbs lighter than ours. To be honest, he should've kicked your butt. I've seen videos of tuned 135i's running away from lambos. They are scary fast when done right. As for the exhaust, it is amazing and yes the car does feel a little more alive and less bogged down. I'd be happy with the outcome of the race for now. Those 135's can be pretty fast.
Old 03-24-09, 03:11 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRE1615
You realize the tuned 135 is probably putting out around 384 hp down and over 400 lbs of torque on a car that is like 400 lbs lighter than ours. To be honest, he should've kicked your butt. I've seen videos of tuned 135i's running away from lambos. They are scary fast when done right. As for the exhaust, it is amazing and yes the car does feel a little more alive and less bogged down. I'd be happy with the outcome of the race for now. Those 135's can be pretty fast.
Good post!

There will always be something faster out there. Personally, I don't really care what tuned vehicles will take our F's.

The 1 series is a fun car with tons of modding potential. It's really funny to read m3post and see the chaos over which is faster: tuned 135/335i or M3's.

The bottom line is that a 135/335i will never be the complete package that the M3 is, or any of the other super sedans for that matter.

To each his own.
Old 03-24-09, 03:35 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRE1615
My thoughts too. I think dbastidas0 did well to stay up with him.

C.
Old 03-24-09, 04:50 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Atleast your ride was more comfortable lol...

Our cars are Luxury Sport Sedans... the 135i and ISF are 2 completely different cars...

I mean... throw a twin turbo in your ISF... then see... twin turbo vs twin turbo...

I'm completely satisfied with what I have stock, but doesn't mean I don't want some extra power... Cause our cars are more powerful than many others that are stock and even modded...
Old 03-24-09, 05:32 PM
PHXF
Driver

yeah, you can't compare a stock NA car with a modified FI car. If you wanted insane modability you should've bought a FI car.
There are civics floating around that would rape you in a race, so don't feel bad if a 40k 135 with a voided warranty mod keeps up with you. You're still rocking 7 yrs on your powertrain warranty.
Honestly, if you're just into going fast and racing people on the highway, go buy a C6 and put some turbos on it.
Old 03-24-09, 05:54 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PHXF
yeah, you can't compare a stock NA car with a modified FI car. If you wanted insane modability you should've bought a FI car.
There are civics floating around that would rape you in a race, so don't feel bad if a 40k 135 with a voided warranty mod keeps up with you. You're still rocking 7 yrs on your powertrain warranty.
Honestly, if you're just into going fast and racing people on the highway, go buy a C6 and put some turbos on it.
PHXF is right, don't worry it. You can borrow my bike and beat him if it bothers you that much!
Old 03-24-09, 06:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,068 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Yeah, and then some guy with a modded Supra will show up and kill the bike...

There's ALWAYS someone faster.
Old 03-24-09, 06:19 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dbastidas0
dude we got to meet up again so I can here the exhaust...and yeah I am still on the fence witht the intake..I might end up not even changing the intake just because I like the two stage ..Im just wondering if I dont change the intake and just put the exhaust would I end up doing more damage than good...I dont think so but im not sure.... And yeah it was your shifting...lol...But you will have another chance im sure and now with your mods I dont think youll have a problem taking me...
Come out to the meet thursday night and take a listen.
Old 03-24-09, 06:22 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Considering they have the same type twin turbo 6 cylinder starting point, may not be too long until we see some outrageously fast 335/135's running around. They certainly have a lot of potantial.

Quick Reply: Should I Be Satisfied???