IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need help if someone can help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 06:48 PM
jakiosewin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help if someone can help me

Hi. today i installed my joez exhaut plus intake and my eibach spring i ran into couple problem installation went smooth but my concern is once i was done ready to test drive it couple light went on for example asf.check engine light,there is another one it said check scv and do no stop flashing even my trac control is off i can't change it,I did open my manuel book and check asf=something like the height of the car, the rest do not understand a thing,oh one other thing i can't go to first gear impossible whenever i want to drive manuel it start at second gear i can't go to first it's like the first does not exist at all.I want to know what i did wrong or why is that,i do not want to the dealer at this moment with all the thing i have installed,o2 sensor in exhaust correctly fine,i did double check sensor near the spring correctly ok.Can someone help me on this ??how can i solve this problem.

Last edited by jakiosewin; 03-25-09 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 07:24 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

asf is for your headlights...there are sensors on the suspension and now that you have lowered the sensors readings have changed (most likely your problem)

make sure you have EVERYTHING hooked back up as far as your intake goes.
Old 03-25-09, 07:40 PM
jakiosewin
Rookie

Originally Posted by boxcarfan
asf is for your headlights...there are sensors on the suspension and now that you have lowered the sensors readings have changed (most likely your problem)

make sure you have EVERYTHING hooked back up as far as your intake goes.
Oh yeah also, i did an oil change you think it could be my problem???but still dunno why there is no first gear???you know everyone that have joez exhaust or did change spring did not ran into those kind of problem,i think i am the only one here.
Old 03-25-09, 07:46 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Cool

Hey, I am having a similar issue right now. After installing my JIC's there were no dash lights, however after I went to adjust them "check VSC" traction, abs, and Afs all came on and are still on my dash.

I too do not know what is causing this....
Old 03-25-09, 08:24 PM
jakiosewin
Rookie

I almost positive it's a sensor, the only two i have took out is on the exhaust.the one on all spindle i check already they are still connect tight,but why no first gear??it's like usually on manuel mode you start on 1st but mine start on second gear and go up,wow so much headache for this i knew it was going to happen..exhaust was bolt on plus plug the sensor,spring??what possibly can go wrong with that??omg i am so pissed beside Exclusivis nobody had that problem.lots of Cl member have spring,coilover,jz exhaust never someone has ever gone into this kind of problem,no one mention as i know.
Old 03-25-09, 08:45 PM
robtown
Rookie

Sounds like the car is in "Snow" mode. Do you have 1st gear in automatic?
Old 03-25-09, 09:27 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

hey. i had this prob too...

disconnect the battery for like 2 mins.. and then connect it.. the car basically restarts.. u will then need to program the windows and clock again.. only takes a minute

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-09, 09:51 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by btwanky
hey. i had this prob too...

disconnect the battery for like 2 mins.. and then connect it.. the car basically restarts.. u will then need to program the windows and clock again.. only takes a minute
Twanky, which exact lights appeared on your dash? Only asking because I did the battery disconnect thing, but it didn't work for me...
Old 03-26-09, 12:24 AM
Low Offset
Driver

This is very strange, I havent had any problems after I lowered my car. No lights came on, no lights are off, I didn't even have to adjust the head lights. But I did pay someone to install my springs. I'm not sure if this is why and had pros do it or what. Anyways I hope you guys solve your problems.
Old 03-26-09, 08:12 AM
jakiosewin
Rookie

I did disconnect battery for 15 min and then put back,but still same light were on,even on auto mode i start at second, i know that for shure car is not pulling the way it should be.haha guess i would have to go see dealer and spend couple hundred buck for them to plug in computer and check what is the source to all that.
Old 03-26-09, 08:39 AM
jakiosewin
Rookie

I think what is best for all of you that had this problem.go check the dealer to find out what is it.it might be nothing at all just becoz one sensor is reading what is not supposed to be normal so the light when on and then it affect other thing and etc.spend couple hour at the dealer,but it's strange not everyone had problem as far i know,but reading in post seem to be all fine CL member that installed,exhaust,intake,spring everything was still fine.I was so frustrated i left the car early this moring at the dealer let see what they will find,i will keep you guy updated once done,
Old 03-26-09, 08:47 AM
jakiosewin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Low Offset
This is very strange, I havent had any problems after I lowered my car. No lights came on, no lights are off, I didn't even have to adjust the head lights. But I did pay someone to install my springs. I'm not sure if this is why and had pros do it or what. Anyways I hope you guys solve your problems.
I did installed the exhaust myself and made shure about the 02 sensor was plugged,the spring i went to a shop, but he told me he did not touch any sensor near the spindle or unplugged anything just put the spring that's all.
Old 03-26-09, 09:50 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Your IS-F is in "limp mode" (in my opinion) due to all the system malfunction lights On and that is why 1st gear is not accessible at this time..

Sounds like the AFS light issue is directly related to the spring installation.
There is a thread a few below this one that explains how to adjust the rear drivers side sensor arm to correct that problem..

Where all the parts installed at the same exact time??
If not, gives us a break down on time period between parts installed and what lights came on when..

I've come up with a few scenarios for you, as the car gets diagnosed at the dealership...
Hopefully, they are "modification" friendly towards you..
  1. Was the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor unplugged during the intake install, with car in the ACC on position??
    - If Yes, it will trigger a light...

2. Was the MAF sensor correctly plugged back in during the intake install?
    - If no, it will trigger a light...

3. Are there any air leaks on the intake joints or vacuum lines??
    - If Yes, it will trigger a light.

4. Inspect all exhaust flange joints, gaskets and especially at the forward flange connection by the oem manifold/cats.
    - If there is a leak, it will cause a light.

5. Proper O2 sensor removal / installation.
    - If there is a leak, it will cause a light..
    - If by some chance the wires became too "wound up" or "stretched" or if one of the wires are cut, broke or disconnected this will trigger a light as well.

Lets see what codes the dealership provides you..
&
Keep us posted!!

Joe Z
Old 03-26-09, 10:43 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed springs on my F 3 months ago and never had any problems at all even when i went in for an alingment it was still within specs....after reading these posts i went into the garage to check my lights they were still pointing straight ahead...guess i was lucky
Old 03-26-09, 11:07 AM
ni8done
Driver

Went to the dealer toady for 1000 mile check up, and told them about my headlight issue, they told me they adjusted it 2mm in the rear, and the sensor on the driver side front is not adjustable, so they told me to check it out tonight while driving, they also said if it is still high they have to manually move the headlight adjustments, because the sensor is already adjusted fully in the rear

Wowser!

Quick Reply: Need help if someone can help me