To IS-F owners only

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 09:23 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NY's ISF

Originally Posted by Jonsleeper
Really? Brand new? I saw a used ISF with 9k miles for 48,xxx loaded.
I spoke to Frank at Ralle Lexus, they had a brand new blue, still in plastic. They offered $48,781 and 10k oil change. Lexus of Massepequa had a new blue one I originally put a deposit on for $49,000. But both of these deals I found at the end of Feb... My wifey was totally against the blue, so I got my deposits back. There's a used black ISF at that Toyota dealership near ralle as of last week, not sure on price.

I know for sure Prestige Lexus has one new red one left, probably for $48,680 -- which is what me and another user on here bought it for. The salesman was Gene, if you want red at that price, just tell him you'll pay what I paid or less. I spoke to Gene just 2 days ago.

I also know Hoffman Lexus in Conneticut had a new white one for $49000 as of the end of last month also.

Hope that helps!

Jerry Jacob
Old 03-27-09, 09:44 PM
FMA08ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
It is Faster than a CLK. And as for problems, I can think of a few,

#1, The seats are too comfortable(They need to make them more in line with the comfort of a M3)
#2, It is so much fun to drive your wife may take the car away from you.
And finally #3, you may loss contact with your dealer or local mechanic due to only having to put the car in for schedualed services.

They are probably the biggest problems you may face.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you on #1
I disagree with you on #2. I just collected 3300 miles on my 08 Silver IS F and my wife never drove the car yet. She only enjoys the RX300 ride (we bought that 9 yrs ago and it now has 190,000 miles!)
#3 I don't know yet.

So far so good. I really enjoy the car!
Old 03-28-09, 08:02 AM
foup
Driver

None of the "AMG 55" series from MBZ except for the recent SL55 (500HP+) are a match for the ISF. Just check manufacturer numbers (0-60, 1/4 mi, max speed, weight, etc). Their "AMG 63", though, are faster and more modern. In general you will pay way more for MBZ but for less quality. I have had my share of this so I switched to Lexus.
Old 03-28-09, 08:15 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foup
None of the "AMG 55" series from MBZ except for the recent SL55 (500HP+) are a match for the ISF. Just check manufacturer numbers (0-60, 1/4 mi, max speed, weight, etc). Their "AMG 63", though, are faster and more modern. In general you will pay way more for MBZ but for less quality. I have had my share of this so I switched to Lexus.
im with you! but the sl is 496 hp its the torque that makes it at 516!

atleast my 04 was that way
Old 03-28-09, 09:42 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

I went to Lexus of Rockville the drive to there was long and when I got there I was disappointed. They told me they have 4 IS F brand new and under 100miles on them. When I got there there was only 3 IS F, Black, Blue(demo), and Silver(loaner). The 4th IS F was a silver one which they brought it to a client and that had about 11k miles. Silver Loan had scratches on the driver seat and scuff marks on the rear bumper. Blue was okay just a minor scratch on the fender. Black had a big scratch on rear bumper and all three cars they have on their lot have at least 6k miles on them already. The salesman I spoke with over the phone was Jay Likerman and the sales consultant that handled me at the dealer was a guy name Vivian. I would not recommend Rockville to anyone. Rockville and Lexus of Massepequa are both owned by the same owner. I would definitely recommend Prestige Lexus and the sales consultant Gene Moretti he provides the best service and he treated my family and I very well. He's very professional and he stayed past closing hours to help me get familiar with my F. Prestige Lexus has 2 '08 IS F left a black(demo) fully loaded and a base model Red. Just mention either Jerry and/or Leon as referrals and he'll treat you well.
Old 03-28-09, 10:51 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by newly_Manu
Nice car but I wouldn't endorse it. Lexus had to buy back my ISF due to vibration problems that they couldn't figure out. Since they tried to blame me for it I do not trust Lexus.
I read your original post about this and was also disappointed in how Lexus treated you. However, your car is the only one I have seen on the forums with a major issue. I think for the most part Lexus will still win the reliability battle over MB.
Old 03-28-09, 04:04 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

Originally Posted by malujerry
I spoke to Frank at Ralle Lexus, they had a brand new blue, still in plastic. They offered $48,781 and 10k oil change. Lexus of Massepequa had a new blue one I originally put a deposit on for $49,000. But both of these deals I found at the end of Feb... My wifey was totally against the blue, so I got my deposits back. There's a used black ISF at that Toyota dealership near ralle as of last week, not sure on price.

I know for sure Prestige Lexus has one new red one left, probably for $48,680 -- which is what me and another user on here bought it for. The salesman was Gene, if you want red at that price, just tell him you'll pay what I paid or less. I spoke to Gene just 2 days ago.

I also know Hoffman Lexus in Conneticut had a new white one for $49000 as of the end of last month also.

Hope that helps!

Jerry Jacob
Yes the used blk ISF was at Penn Toyota it had 9k miles for $48,xxx. I talked to them that I don't like black so give it to me for $42k. Well they said no so I walked out. Next day they called me and asked me if I want to come in. But I never did. Now you tell me I could get a new one for under $50k I'm going to check Prestige Lexus or Massp.
Old 03-28-09, 06:13 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jonsleeper
Yes the used blk ISF was at Penn Toyota it had 9k miles for $48,xxx. I talked to them that I don't like black so give it to me for $42k. Well they said no so I walked out. Next day they called me and asked me if I want to come in. But I never did. Now you tell me I could get a new one for under $50k I'm going to check Prestige Lexus or Massp.
Jon you should really speak to Gene Moretti @ Prestige Lexus his number is 201 258-6173 and mention both my name (Leon) and Jerry's. He'll help you out and take real good care of you. He has a Red base model and a Black Demo fully loaded. Too bad they close on sunday.
Old 03-28-09, 08:08 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by crazee201
I went to Lexus of Rockville the drive to there was long and when I got there I was disappointed. They told me they have 4 IS F brand new and under 100miles on them. When I got there there was only 3 IS F, Black, Blue(demo), and Silver(loaner). The 4th IS F was a silver one which they brought it to a client and that had about 11k miles. Silver Loan had scratches on the driver seat and scuff marks on the rear bumper. Blue was okay just a minor scratch on the fender. Black had a big scratch on rear bumper and all three cars they have on their lot have at least 6k miles on them already. The salesman I spoke with over the phone was Jay Likerman and the sales consultant that handled me at the dealer was a guy name Vivian. I would not recommend Rockville to anyone. Rockville and Lexus of Massepequa are both owned by the same owner. I would definitely recommend Prestige Lexus and the sales consultant Gene Moretti he provides the best service and he treated my family and I very well. He's very professional and he stayed past closing hours to help me get familiar with my F. Prestige Lexus has 2 '08 IS F left a black(demo) fully loaded and a base model Red. Just mention either Jerry and/or Leon as referrals and he'll treat you well.
Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Definitely not very 'lexus like', you may want to file a complaint about the dealership to Lexus. Nothing worse than a deceptive dealer.

I am a little surprised that they have an IS-F they use as a loaner car, though?!
Old 03-28-09, 08:11 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

I find it really, really hard to believe dealers are letting these cars go brand new for $48K...
Old 03-28-09, 09:04 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

It may seem impossible but Jerry and I were the lucky ones to get it for around that pricing. There was an associate that called me from Lexus of Rockville and I believe its from their customer's relation dept. and I told that associate how disappointed I was and she asked for my permission to have my number given to their manager to help resolve the issue. I gave the permission but I doubt that they'll call me back to help make up for what they put me through. But I don't care I'm glad I got a better deal and got my new F from somewhere my business is appreciated and treated well. Lexus of Englewood has one IS-F left and that's a loaner. White '08 IS-F for $54k and with about 5k miles on it and the name of the sales consultant is Mitch Patlock.
Old 03-28-09, 10:09 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

So how much did you end up paying? Was it brand new? if not, how many miles?
Old 03-29-09, 12:28 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oztiks
So how much did you end up paying? Was it brand new? if not, how many miles?
The car is brand new, I learned that brand new in dealer's term means that a vehicle that has not been register but it can have whatever mileage on it. The IS Fs at Lexus of Rockville are mostly consider brand new even if it has 5-11k miles on them. I learned that the hard way, but anyways I got mine with 49 miles for $48,680 with warranties + tax + other fees = close to $52k. Oh I forgot to add is that if there are scratches on the exterior or interior, the dealerships will consider it as "BRAND NEW."
Old 03-29-09, 09:31 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.. the dealers are going to completely destroy the resale on this car by pulling tricks like that.
Old 03-29-09, 01:03 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oztiks
Wow.. the dealers are going to completely destroy the resale on this car by pulling tricks like that.
I'm afraid that the current demand for cars like the F is what will hurt resell. Hopefully when the economy gets stronger and the F cars become more recognizable our cars will start depreciating at a slower pace.

To be honest, the soft market helped me get into an F. I like to pay cash and it would have been a lot harder for me to justify the car had I had to pay $10k more. For now I will just enjoy my F and deal with its value, or lack there of, when it comes time for something new.

Quick Reply: To IS-F owners only