IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

To IS-F owners only

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-09, 02:26 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really care much about the resale value of the car because I do plan on keeping it. To me this is just my opinion if I cared about resale value I would've went for the M3 and after the 4 or 5 yrs I'll just sell it back to the market. Lexus is more of a brand that is known for their reliability and its definitely better than BMW and MB as for maintenance also.
Old 03-29-09, 10:18 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus corp fought very hard during the months following the release of the -F; they had (from what I understand) a corporate mandate to not sell the car for ANY less than MSRP. They would willingly overvalue your trade rather than mark down the car to get a deal... now they're letting dealers do this? Seems weird.
Old 03-30-09, 07:43 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oztiks
Lexus corp fought very hard during the months following the release of the -F; they had (from what I understand) a corporate mandate to not sell the car for ANY less than MSRP. They would willingly overvalue your trade rather than mark down the car to get a deal... now they're letting dealers do this? Seems weird.
They are doing what they have to in the current market to move cars. Dealers still have new '08 IS Fs sitting around and the 2010 model cars are already starting to roll out. I believe Lexus is offering factory to dealer incentives around $5k to help the dealers move the remaining '08 Fs.
Old 03-30-09, 12:58 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

I think they are still a ways off for the '10. If they were smart they would have discontinued the car in '08 OR done a limited build for '09. If there are so many cars in inventory (08's) there's no reason to produce '09's. Maybe they've been taking lessons from Chevy, Ford, etc?
Old 03-30-09, 01:14 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oztiks
I think they are still a ways off for the '10. If they were smart they would have discontinued the car in '08 OR done a limited build for '09. If there are so many cars in inventory (08's) there's no reason to produce '09's. Maybe they've been taking lessons from Chevy, Ford, etc?
I was talking about 2010 cars in general. The '10 RX should be hitting dealer lots very soon if not already.

Lexus did stop production of the '09 Fs from what i have read. I'm not sure if there will even be a 2010 IS F. I'm guessing it will depend on if there is enough demand from dealers to justify the cost of producing the car and how many parts they already have left to build them.
Old 03-30-09, 05:02 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they don't produce 2010 IS-Fs, I think I'm going to keep mine low mileage for a LONG time and then sell it for more than MSRP.
Old 03-30-09, 05:03 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

eek not looking good for the future of the F cars.
Old 03-30-09, 05:35 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jonsleeper
eek not looking good for the future of the F cars.
I'm just speculating. I don't have any insider information. If the LF-A reaches production they might keep the IS F around so that there is a F badged car for the common folks.

I'm sure Lexus was hoping the F badged cars would make a bigger impact, but I bet they realize they are fighting against some pretty well established lines of cars. Hopefully they will give the F cars some time to catch on.
Old 03-31-09, 05:02 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

The price shouldve been more competitive with the likes of the M3,C63. But time will tell.
Old 03-31-09, 05:08 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The price shouldve been more competitive with the likes of the M3,C63. But time will tell.
I'm a little confused by that. The IS-F seems to undercut the M3 and C63 by about 8,000 if you go option for option including gas guzzler tax. This is going by MSRP.
Old 04-01-09, 12:48 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

The dealer I saw the used 08 ISF wanted $48,xxx. I told them give it to me for $45k. I told them I don't like black and look at the market-economy. They were firm about the price so I Walked out. They call me twice couple days later and left me a message in my voice mail if I was still interested. I never called back. When they said they would take my pristine 02 Clk55 AMG with 45k miles for $13k that left a sour taste in my mouth. THe Clk55 spins its tires at 40mph and with all the luxury amenities Not worth selling it or trading it in.
Old 04-01-09, 02:08 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

THe Clk55 spins its tires at 40mph and with all the luxury amenities Not worth selling it or trading it in.
The F will as well! Today i was cruising along in Sport mode with the tranny in auto and punched it while going about 40 mph. The backend broke loose and side stepped. The road was dry and the temp was about 65 degrees.

I don't blame you from walking away from the deal. I'm sure your AMG is a great car. I hope you continue to enjoy it until you find the right car for you.
Old 04-01-09, 04:21 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

I know this is kinda off subject. Have you considered the 09 Caddy CTS-V? I heard that those cars are insane. Don't get me wrong, Im a lexus guy and always will be but those caddy's do look sick. And packin somewhere around 550hp for 60 somethin. Its just american........
Old 04-01-09, 07:12 PM
Jonsleeper
Rookie

Originally Posted by niteLEX
I know this is kinda off subject. Have you considered the 09 Caddy CTS-V? I heard that those cars are insane. Don't get me wrong, Im a lexus guy and always will be but those caddy's do look sick. And packin somewhere around 550hp for 60 somethin. Its just american........
I wouldnt buy a car from a company whos in the verge of going out of business.
Old 04-01-09, 08:01 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

I wouldnt buy a car from a company whos in the verge of going out of business.
well if you wanna put it like that......i agree with you

Quick Reply: To IS-F owners only