IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-16, 02:39 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

SIKKY makes well thought-out products.

How is their new header design different from their earlier offering?
Old 07-30-16, 02:41 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02
SIKKY makes well thought-out products.

How is their new header design different from their earlier offering?
It's completely different than the earlier version. New material, design, tube sizing, etc.
Old 07-30-16, 02:47 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
It's been awhile, but I am back and have some exciting updates to my F! As you may have noticed, I've been fairly quiet for the past year. Well this was mainly due to SIKKY having had my car for R&D, but the car is now complete. More details will be coming shortly and will include "Dyno proven results", but I can tell you the headers are Gorgeous!!! These new headers have been proven to produce more power than both the original SIKKY headers and the current PPE headers. In fact even in 100 degree shop temps and with the addition of my new GESI Cats, my car is making more power (top end) than it did in the past! Until more detail is released by SIKKY, enjoy the teaser shots below!
Very cool!! Thanks for sharing the early news... Headers will be my next power mod, so I definitely want to maximize the gains. I'll likely have to live with a NA engine for awhile since the supercharger is such a pricey upgrade. I've been spending too much on handling & braking mods lately!!

-Mike
Old 07-30-16, 06:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Hot damn !! This is great news considering it looks like header issues are in everyone's future . Hell with the new Rr Racing tune we an avoid cels . Headers for everyone !

Thanks for keeping us in he loop and welcome back man . Was wondering where you went
Old 07-30-16, 06:49 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
More options
Well kind of fup for everyone that bought the ones before like myself to hear about this smh
Old 07-31-16, 03:36 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Is there anything wrong with the originals? Not uncommon for people to refine their product designs plus if I recall the Sikky products were always cheaper than PPE if that matters.
Old 07-31-16, 07:33 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hot damn !! This is great news considering it looks like header issues are in everyone's future . Hell with the new Rr Racing tune we an avoid cels . Headers for everyone !

Thanks for keeping us in he loop and welcome back man . Was wondering where you went
What issues are you referring to?
Old 07-31-16, 09:05 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Is there anything wrong with the originals? Not uncommon for people to refine their product designs plus if I recall the Sikky products were always cheaper than PPE if that matters.
Agreed^^^What was wrong with the first design as they made great power? Could enlarging the tube diameter increase power that easily? If so why wasn't it done before with the first design? Also doesn't exhaust velocity have to be taken into consideration when the diameter is enlarged?
Old 07-31-16, 09:35 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
What issues are you referring to?
I think he's referring to the stock header cracking at the flange. There's been a handful of members with the issue more recently I think.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9567997
Old 07-31-16, 10:50 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed^^^What was wrong with the first design as they made great power? Could enlarging the tube diameter increase power that easily? If so why wasn't it done before with the first design? Also doesn't exhaust velocity have to be taken into consideration when the diameter is enlarged?
Actually nothing wrong at all with the first design and they certainly served me well. Just evolution taking course here to include some additional power with larger primaries. Quality control complaints have all been addressed from the past and everything about the header improved upon. Not only that, but I believe it was the goal of SIKKY to have the "best" headers on the market.
Old 07-31-16, 11:02 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Awaiting specifics to see if their goal has been met.
Old 07-31-16, 11:51 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

This must have been what Figs was telling me about months ago that Sikky had good things in the works.
Old 07-31-16, 12:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

There's a lot of science into making a quality header. I don't blame them for producing a V1 and then progressing it from there.

Always a good sign when companies are willing to advance their product line than be content with their first design
Old 07-31-16, 01:27 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^Agreed. We should all be happy the platform continues to evolve. It's like getting mad at Apple for launching a new iPhone or OS... It's how the world operates. You get better or die. Nice to see Sikky and PPE both working on upgrades for the F Family. Competition is great for the consumer.
Old 07-31-16, 02:58 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tas02
Awaiting specifics to see if their goal has been met.
Im with this guy, what sort of gains are we talking about here

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!