IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-16, 10:03 PM
isFamily
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Ppe ftw
+1 PPE for the win
Old 10-16-16, 10:40 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

sorry this has happened to you. JE guys were pretty nice the last time I've talked to them. Please update us on what they will do to MAKE THINGS RIGHT. if it was me, they would be getting a nice legal letter head sent certified to their business.
Old 10-17-16, 02:34 AM
fathorsejr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE PPE! Had header installedat ppe on my Celica and mr2 and everything was excellent! Great customers service as well.
Old 10-17-16, 05:51 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
sorry this has happened to you. JE guys were pretty nice the last time I've talked to them. Please update us on what they will do to MAKE THINGS RIGHT. if it was me, they would be getting a nice legal letter head sent certified to their business.
Working with JE/SIKKY in the past used to be fine, but over the past year something has changed for the worse. All issues discovered have been fixed by another independent shop and JE/SIKKY will not be touching my car ever again. I'm not one to create conflict so no I'm not going down any legal path. Just chalking this one up to a lessons learned and sharing my experience in hopes I can prevent the same from happening to others.
Old 10-17-16, 08:46 AM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the issues, that sucks. I'm sure being the testing mule, they were installing and removing the headers many, many times and I could see the header bolts getting stripped and even them losing the crossmember nuts as they likely left it off the car for a considerable amount of time. What's not acceptable isnot ffixing those issues with correct OEM hardware and parts, and what they did to your exhaust. If they modified your exhaust to make the headers fit, how will anyone else bolt the headers to their exhaust?

I'm not in the market for headers yet but know where I'll be going in the future.

Rob
Old 10-17-16, 09:02 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by robtown
Sorry to hear about the issues, that sucks. I'm sure being the testing mule, they were installing and removing the headers many, many times and I could see the header bolts getting stripped and even them losing the crossmember nuts as they likely left it off the car for a considerable amount of time. What's not acceptable isnot ffixing those issues with correct OEM hardware and parts, and what they did to your exhaust. If they modified your exhaust to make the headers fit, how will anyone else bolt the headers to their exhaust?

I'm not in the market for headers yet but know where I'll be going in the future.

Rob
I agree and accepted the fact that my car would be put through the works with parts going on and off multiple times. As you said, I do NOT accept that they caused so much damage, hacked my exhaust and replaced parts with non-OEM without both telling me and fixing prior to final delivery. I'm sure the final production headers fit fine to the exhaust, but because the headers on my car are the prototype ones I'm assuming the fitment was off and instead of adjusting the header merge collector they opted to hack my exhaust instead for proper fit. I was told that since my prototype headers don't neck down to the factory size of I think 2.25" and are 2.5" straight into the exhaust that I have a tad bit more power, but with the slight gain over 2.25" it wasn't going to be worth making them like that in production as no exhaust on the market would mate up to the headers without customization.

With that being said. I plan to get on my local dynojet hopefully next week and see where I stand from the last time I was there. The truth about these header claims will be posted here. No BS!
Old 10-17-16, 10:24 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

I'm assuming that after you got the leak fixed on the header(s) that it doesn't smell anymore with the GESI cats and they're back to working like they should?
Old 10-17-16, 10:39 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I'm assuming that after you got the leak fixed on the header(s) that it doesn't smell anymore with the GESI cats and they're back to working like they should?
Yeah now that the headers are bolted tight to the head and the exhaust cracks sealed up I don't notice the excess smell anymore. Car now sounds and smells like it should for the setup.
Old 10-17-16, 10:40 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Working with JE/SIKKY in the past used to be fine, but over the past year something has changed for the worse. All issues discovered have been fixed by another independent shop and JE/SIKKY will not be touching my car ever again. I'm not one to create conflict so no I'm not going down any legal path. Just chalking this one up to a lessons learned and sharing my experience in hopes I can prevent the same from happening to others.
understandable from a personal point of view. But if you want to help others, i would bring this to their attention publicly . This can not happen to another person. I have a friend near their facility who want to bring their car to get the headers installed on their F.
Old 10-17-16, 10:52 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
understandable from a personal point of view. But if you want to help others, i would bring this to their attention publicly . This can not happen to another person. I have a friend near their facility who want to bring their car to get the headers installed on their F.
I believe that by me posting here in this thread with many subscribers, that I'm bringing this to the attention of the majority of IS-F owners. If your friend is interested in the headers I think you know what I would recommend.
Old 10-17-16, 11:10 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I was told that since my prototype headers don't neck down to the factory size of I think 2.25" and are 2.5" straight into the exhaust that I have a tad bit more power, but with the slight gain over 2.25" it wasn't going to be worth making them like that in production as no exhaust on the market would mate up to the headers without customization.
Just to add a bit of info here. The RCF has bigger flanges on the manifolds and exhaust pipes than the ISF. the sizes are:

Flange Exit size Information:

ISF - 60mm (2.4")

RCF - 65mm (2.6")

As posted in this thread (Post #87):

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

PPE can make your headers (either standard, long tube or equal length long tube) with flanges of either size - your choice. My ELLTs have the larger flange.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 10-17-16 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-17-16, 11:40 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flowrider
Just to add a bit of info here. The RCF has bigger flanges on the manifolds and exhaust pipes than the ISF. the sizes are:

Flange Exit size Information:

ISF - 60mm (2.4")

RCF - 65mm (2.6")

As posted in this thread (Post #87):

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

PPE can make your headers (either standard, long tube or equal length long tube) with flanges of either size - your choice. My ELLTs have the larger flange.

Lou
Good information Lou. I didn't realize the RCF had a larger flange exit and maybe that's partly where SIKKY got the idea to trying larger diameter tubing in the headers with a larger flange exit. Kinda wish I didn't have the cats on my car at the moment for some apples to apples dyno testing, but the GESI cats claim no loss in power and from my experience with high flow cats the power can be a bit higher than without out on N/A applications. I remember when I had high flow cats installed on my old JOEZ exhaust. I picked up a tiny bit of power.
Old 10-17-16, 09:15 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey, are you on a stock air filter or afe? I bought mine with the afe and wondering if i should go back to a stock one.
Old 10-18-16, 04:54 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Hey, are you on a stock air filter or afe? I bought mine with the afe and wondering if i should go back to a stock one.
Yeah the stock intake filter works just fine. Have not been a fan of any aftermarket intakes since past testing has shown questionable to no gains.
Old 10-18-16, 06:50 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Yeah the stock intake filter works just fine. Have not been a fan of any aftermarket intakes since past testing has shown questionable to no gains.
Maybe I'm wrong, but he is asking about the intake filter, not tube. The aFe filter is NO DOUBT a better filer than the stock one. Much better design and air flow.
The tube on the other hand, has def been a long questionable subject on changing it out or leaving it stock. Mine is stock.... haven't changed it out because I'm not seeing the gains to cost ratio in my favor. Just not justifiable. With the options we have out here though, if I were to change it out, it would probably be HPS to get my monies worth. Never hear anything negative about it with heat soak/hp loss, and people have actually seen 4-7whp gain (very minor, but still a gain) with it.
Of course the tuned intake from RR Racing has show much higher gain, but that's in conjunction with the tune....and I'm just reluctant to get rid of my stock 2 stage airbox....

Caymandive, have you brought it to there attention about all the problems you found?? Even if you don't want anything back from them, you need to make sure they know you found and experienced issues. Hell, they may be thinking you're a super happy customer right now and praising their guys for a "job well done" on your car. I say make a separate thread on your findings, frustration, experience. A lot of people have planned and already have gotten them to do the new v2 headers so people need to know so they can check their vehicles over to make sure there were no hack jobs done.

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 10-18-16 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!