IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 02:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man
so basically the intake is for sound not even a 5hp gain?
Everyone's dyno results will vary especially given the conditions the test was done at. Perhaps you should look at the other dyno results other members have posted with their Joe Z intake to make an educated decision, instead of making blind statements and assumptions.
Old 04-08-09, 02:46 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hey James.. Great Dyno runs..

It might be a good idea to re-verify the base numbers..

I can't see the graph to well either way..

^^ Not necessarily..
Gains are indeed approx 5rwhp.. Results can very from car to car or dyno to dyno..

So far to date, 3 other IS-F's were independently tested & achieved the approx. 5rwhp gain.

Thank you
Joe Z
I agree 3 other IS-F's have achieved approx 5rwhp with the intake alone so I'm not really sure what the deal is with my car. What I can say is the runs were done on the exact same dyno and carried out in the exact same manner as I have always done by installing a modification and driving the car for a few hundred miles before hitting the dyno. This should ensure the car has "learned" the modification and more accurately show gains/losses on the runs. I'm not sure if the others that dyno'd did the same.

Also the DA today vs the DA on my baseline didn't vary by much. 250ft for the baseline and 431ft today.
Old 04-08-09, 02:48 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like 1whp gain and a couple a wtq loss, maybe you should re dyno and see what happens?

Last edited by LexISguy; 04-08-09 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-08-09, 02:53 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LexISguy
maybe you should re dyno and see what happens?
LOL at $100 a pop I don't think I'll re-dyno the intake or baseline anytime soon. The intake alone costs just a tad more than the dyno runs so I'll stop while I can and probably sell the intake. It's not that I don't' believe there is power gained with the intake, but for some odd reason my car didn't like it as much as I had hoped. Blind dates don't always work out.

Going to test out the exhaust next and I'm 99.9% sure I'll see some gains with that.
Old 04-08-09, 03:02 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hey James.. Great Dyno runs..

It might be a good idea to re-verify the base numbers..

I can't see the graph to well either way..

^^ Not necessarily..
Gains are indeed approx 5rwhp.. Results can very from car to car or dyno to dyno..

So far to date, 3 other IS-F's were independently tested & achieved the approx. 5rwhp gain.

Thank you
Joe Z

True..........
Old 04-08-09, 03:24 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
The sound is good as I described earlier. Just a tad more masculinity to what was already there. I can't really comment on power or throttle response as they are not measurable on this butt dyno considering approximate gains of 5whp.
I'd like to see how the 2 intakes compare
Old 04-08-09, 03:42 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I'd like to see how the 2 intakes compare
Well here is a vid of the car on the dyno today. Probably can't tell a difference though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfxjNKzcVA
Old 04-08-09, 04:49 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Well here is a vid of the car on the dyno today. Probably can't tell a difference though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfxjNKzcVA
cool................
Old 04-09-09, 03:30 PM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my blue JoeZ intake tube last night. The butt dyno can't tell a difference except it looks better under the hood. I like the look so i'm Happy :-)
Old 04-09-09, 06:31 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

LOL at $100 a pop I don't think I'll re-dyno the intake or baseline anytime soon. The intake alone costs just a tad more than the dyno runs so I'll stop while I can and probably sell the intake. It's not that I don't' believe there is power gained with the intake, but for some odd reason my car didn't like it as much as I had hoped. Blind dates don't always work out.

Going to test out the exhaust next and I'm 99.9% sure I'll see some gains with that.

Sounds like a plan for sure you will make gains, and you will get to see what the combo produces.
Old 04-11-09, 08:13 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Joe why did james dyno so low? 5whp you cannot feel it and it wouldn't increase performance....would it?? hehe
Old 04-11-09, 08:25 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Joe why did james dyno so low? 5whp you cannot feel it and it wouldn't increase performance....would it?? hehe
I can't answer for what Joe or others think, but I do believe I am the first one to do a dyno comparison for the intake alone in the most real world way. I did my baseline about 6 months ago but only 6000 miles have passed by. The intake graph overlays onto the baseline almost perfectly except for the two areas in the curve that I mentioned in my initial results post that seem to have lost some power. This tells me that my baseline was was pretty accurate and that the dyno drum calibration and all seems to be unchanged. IMHO it Looks like the resonance chamber on the stock intake is pretty important with the car being otherwise stock. Once I get the exhaust I may try the intake again to see if having the exhaust combo (on the way ) makes a difference. Should be interesting.
Old 04-11-09, 12:17 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I can't answer for what Joe or others think, but I do believe I am the first one to do a dyno comparison for the intake alone in the most real world way. I did my baseline about 6 months ago but only 6000 miles have passed by. The intake graph overlays onto the baseline almost perfectly except for the two areas in the curve that I mentioned in my initial results post that seem to have lost some power. This tells me that my baseline was was pretty accurate and that the dyno drum calibration and all seems to be unchanged. IMHO it Looks like the resonance chamber on the stock intake is pretty important with the car being otherwise stock. Once I get the exhaust I may try the intake again to see if having the exhaust combo (on the way ) makes a difference. Should be interesting.
Did you remove the intake? Sounds good James we'll when you throw in the exhaust let us know what the results are. How is your friend liking his retuned srt intake?
Old 04-11-09, 07:20 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Cayman, did you ever run or are you running an aftermarket filter? If you had run one in the past did you ever clean off the MAF sensor?

Originally Posted by Cabinetman
Mine is black. I doubt they would notice unless they try to change the air filter.

I service my car at Sewell in Fort Worth. I'm hoping since Sewell seems more mod friendly it won't be an issue.
You should have no problem with the intake being black at Sewell, they are one of the most mod friendly dealerships around
Old 04-11-09, 07:38 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Cayman, did you ever run or are you running an aftermarket filter? If you had run one in the past did you ever clean off the MAF sensor?
Never had an aftermarket filter in the IS-F and never will.

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!