IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 09:16 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive stuff! Can you give us a total cost estimate?
Also, I'm assuming if something would go wrong with the engine, it's all outside of warranty with the mods?
Old 06-07-10, 05:09 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hblexus07
Now for the track, with those gains you should definitely see an improvement in trap speeds, et is going to depend on traction again.

Do you plan on taking it to the track any time soon?
I'll be going back to the drag strip probably in the late fall as usual. Hopefully I can get into the 11's now on this stock motor bolt-on setup.

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Nice James great results and gains. Thanks for your unbiased and truthful dyno's like always...In your opinion worth getting? What does the microprocessor consist of? Any CEL's? Congrats on 400whp N/A. Do you think you would be able to squeeze out a few more horses if the weather was cooler? Jaslapp1 367=416, You 370=420whp? Hoping to see a near 12 second run at the track or let me get ahead of myself and I say 11's lol...Curious to what the results will be for the Elite headers?
42 HP gains for $1295 + install sounds like a great bang for the buck if you ask me. And to be honest I have never seen any bolt on part for any N/A engine net such a gain. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it for myself, which is why I volunteered as a Guinea pig.

Originally Posted by ES3
Impressive stuff! Can you give us a total cost estimate?
Also, I'm assuming if something would go wrong with the engine, it's all outside of warranty with the mods?
$1295 + 6-8 hour install time. As for the warranty, yeah you just never know. If you're at all worried then you shouldn't mod your car.
Old 06-07-10, 08:17 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If this wasn't caymandive'r doing all this (or gernby, or i guess lance) I wouldn't believe the results. Dyno's are always fudged to sell products. However, caymandive ALWAYS makes sure the t's are cross and the i's are dotted. Really impressive gains! Congrats james.
Old 06-07-10, 10:03 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your response James I agree that's quite an impressive gain. I am going to look into getting this mod. When will the headers be ready for sale?
Old 06-07-10, 11:56 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
42 HP gains for $1295 + install sounds like a great bang for the buck if you ask me. And to be honest I have never seen any bolt on part for any N/A engine net such a gain. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it for myself, which is why I volunteered as a Guinea pig.
It also goes to show you just how much power our cars have left on the table! I thought they were $1500 last time I checked which was when they were first announced, this just makes it all that much more appealing!
Old 06-07-10, 11:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by infinus
It also goes to show you just how much power our cars have left on the table! I thought they were $1500 last time I checked which was when they were first announced, this just makes it all that much more appealing!
On the Sikky.com website it shows $1295. Maybe that's the introductory price?
Old 06-09-10, 11:33 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

craazy gains from headers only and quite reasonable price for the amt of hp you got. Wish the 1st gen IS could have been opened up so easily.
Old 06-09-10, 01:23 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

On the Sikky.com website it shows $1295. Maybe that's the introductory price?
Yeah it does now, before it was 1500 but i think that was before pricing was finalized, its nice to see that they are cheaper than I initially thought.
Old 06-10-10, 05:10 PM
alpha6164
Rookie

One thing that i see missing from all of these dynos are display and discussion of A/F ratios. Are you putting an O2 sensor when you dyno these cars? How do we know that these cars with all the increase air flow are not running lean as hell and producing the increased horse power and torque? I am not saying that is what happening. But as many cars i have modded in the past a dyno without having the AF tracing is pretty useless in my opinion.

Since no ECU tuning is being done you have no control over fuel or timing it would be very important to make sure what the AF ratio is during the run.
Old 06-10-10, 06:53 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by alpha6164
One thing that i see missing from all of these dynos are display and discussion of A/F ratios. Are you putting an O2 sensor when you dyno these cars? How do we know that these cars with all the increase air flow are not running lean as hell and producing the increased horse power and torque? I am not saying that is what happening. But as many cars i have modded in the past a dyno without having the AF tracing is pretty useless in my opinion.

Since no ECU tuning is being done you have no control over fuel or timing it would be very important to make sure what the AF ratio is during the run.
It is definitely not running lean. The car is actually running richer and for documentation purposes I'll get an A/F on my next dyno.
Old 06-11-10, 02:40 PM
alpha6164
Rookie

It is definitely not running lean. The car is actually running richer and for documentation purposes I'll get an A/F on my next dyno.

That would be awesome.
Old 06-12-10, 04:04 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

caymandive any chance of you hitting the strip soon with this setup
Old 06-12-10, 04:50 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by XhyDra
caymandive any chance of you hitting the strip soon with this setup
I hit the strip in the late fall. Hoping for 11.9's now in ideal conditions. I picked up almost 2/10's with the additional 20+hp gain of the exhaust, so hopefully with the 40+hp gained on the headers 11's will now be achievable.
Old 06-16-10, 10:18 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

I hit the strip in the late fall. Hoping for 11.9's now in ideal conditions. I picked up almost 2/10's with the additional 20+hp gain of the exhaust, so hopefully with the 40+hp gained on the headers 11's will now be achievable.
I can see it getting into the 11's, man it's amazing how much more power the F puts out with bolt on applications. Keep us posted
Old 06-16-10, 10:58 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

I posted the below in the "Header" thread..

But I just wanted to give you the same praise in your thread as well!!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
WoW James!!!

This is Great!!!

Your are the BEST Independent & UN-BIASED Tester I have come across here on Club Lexus...

You did some Great on your own research with our Exhaust & Intake Combo & ALL of our numbers were proven accurate by YOU...

I could only expect the same testing for these headers and I applaud you in advance for stepping up to the plate & taking on this task for our IS-F community.

Best Regards,

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!