IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone buy out of state/local region?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09 | 04:55 PM
lm123xyz
Driver School Candidate

Default anyone buy out of state/local region?

I was curious what people do when buying out of state? do you tend to finance, pay cash? other? and what about current car? since you can't trade you sell privately? reservations about shippng a used car sight unseen?

any general info on experiences would be great. seems like there are some good deals out there just none at my local dealers. so I'm interested. thnx.
Old 04-01-09 | 06:01 PM
Axtellz
Rookie

i bought mine from Doug Greenup in Dayton, OH. (about 7 hours from me in NY)
Paid cash. Paid sales tax in NY upon registration. Doug arranged shipping for me, i bought it sight unseen, never even drove an F before... i have NO regrets!!
I don't ever sell any of my "fun cars", buy 'em and hold 'em... just need more garage space, but yes- you could do private sale, or perhaps ship your car back to the dealer as a trade.
In todays age of high speed internet, cell phones, text, etc... you can be pretty confident. That said, i would contact Doug- the service is superb.
Old 04-02-09 | 12:42 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

i bought mine in cleveland ohio.. at Metro lexus... was the first black one they got in.. and they were very nice and even shipped the car in a enclosed truck to my house in florida

Last edited by btwanky; 04-02-09 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-02-09 | 12:57 AM
lm123xyz
Driver School Candidate

did you guys buy new? I'm having some trouble funding remaining 08's some good deals on low mi 08s around though. thnx
Old 04-02-09 | 08:10 AM
nuttybar08
Driver

I bought mine at Flow Lexus in Winston-Salem (NC) since no SC dealer would discuss a reasonable deal. Bought new, paid cash and paid the sales tax in SC when I registered.

You have to be willing to travel to the deal. In my case I was casting a very wide net but the right car/price popped up relatively close (2.5 hr drive). Don't bother trying to deal in person...I negotiated all offers via email and had the final sales contract documents sent to me and reviewed before setting foot in the dealership. The actual transaction took about 15 minutes with the rest of my dealer time spent getting familiar with the car.

I would have no problem using the same method to buy a lightly used example although I would probably pick up the car in person vice having it shipped.
Old 04-02-09 | 09:04 AM
robtown
Rookie

I also bought my car from Doug Greenup at Lexus of Dayton. I found him on the forums while doing research on the car. My local dealer wouldn't work with me and Doug was up front with what he could do and was very honest. He didn't have the car in inventory but was able to find it for me.

I didn't want to wait and sell my old car plus it needed some cosmetic body work. Doug took my trade sight unseen and offered a great price (I sent pictures) plus I saved the difference in taxes which is almost an extra $1000. Then to wave the transportation charges Doug drove the IS-F to me and drove my trade-in back (over 8 hours each way!!!). I never even had to step foot in the dealer.

PM if you would like his info.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-03-09 | 11:49 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Default out of state

i live in new york, bought in new jersey, paid texas fee's. i was willing to buy as far as arizona, i was negotiating for an M3 sedan at that time. test drove the isf with a $75 test drive offer from lexus and never looked back.