New Member - Memphis, TN w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-09, 09:50 AM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Member - Memphis, TN w/ pics

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the wealth of info on this site, it really made it an easy decision to get the F, of course the other problem is that I want to mod it now. It's taken a little while to post as I've had the car for about a month and a half. It's GREAT!!!!!!!! I can't get enough. I thought I would miss a manual in a car like this but this slushbox is amazing! Easy cruising but ready to go at a moments notice with the flick of a paddle.

I wanted to give a shout to Doug Greenup at Lexus of Dayton as he really helped me out in getting the F. After searching around on the forums and finding the deals that other people were getting I went to my local dealer but they didn't want to deal. I called up Doug, told him what I was looking for and he found it for me (They didn't have the car in inventory). I needed to sell me old truck to get the IS-F and Doug ended up taking it as a trade-in sight unseen (I sent pictures) which really helped as selling to a private party would have taken some time plus the car needed some cosmetic work (not to mention the tax savings of $800). And just when you thought that was good service, Doug even drove the car down to Memphis for me and picked up my trade and drove it back !!!! 8 hours each way! Saved me at least a grand in transportation costs as I didn't have the time to go pick up the car myself.

So far I've added the OEM iPod interface, tint (35% front and rear), and VentureSheild. The installer, Joe from Word of Mouth Detailing did an awesome job. I had the headlights, foglights, bumper, partial hood (didn't have a sheet large enough for the entire hood), door cups, and rear bumper done as part of the kit. Joe then made custom front fenders with full coverage, full coverage mirrors (not the small pieces from the kit), also covered the entire side skirts starting right behind the front tire, and even the are behind the rear wheel for rock chips, etc... He followed the body lines beautifully so you hardly notice the edges. I tried to take pics, but there hard to see. Oh yeah, he also covered the interior silver carbon fiber pieces on the center console and doors to prevent scratches, you can't even tell their there.

As for future mods, I plan to do some simple lighting mods, fog lights, DRL/highbeam, interior LED, then maybe the Joe Z intake and exhaust. Wish I could hear it first though.

Anyway, on to the pics....

Before Tint and Clearbra

And here's after tint

Clearbra covers entire fender, the edge is right along the seam below the "F" logo

Full coverage mirrors. again the edge follows the seam so you can't see it

Rear rocker, clearbra in a small strip follows the lines behind the wheel.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-02-09, 09:59 AM
Supremeng
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that looks freakin awesome!
Old 04-02-09, 10:13 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

really nice, welcome to the club
Old 04-02-09, 10:24 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Mercury Metallic ftw!!!! Great Lookin ride
Old 04-02-09, 10:38 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Nice pics silver would have been my second choice, congrats on the F. JoeZ exhaust is a must first major mod.
Old 04-02-09, 10:47 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

welcome to the club as well!!! Very nice car
Old 04-02-09, 12:32 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Congrats! Great looking car. Mine is almost identical except I don't have the headlamp washers or all the very nice paint protection.
Old 04-02-09, 12:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Mercury metallic looks great. Welcome!
Old 04-02-09, 02:55 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your new ride.....welcome to the club.
Old 04-02-09, 11:32 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

welcome to the club
Old 04-02-09, 11:53 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

congrats!
Old 04-03-09, 02:38 AM
toomurf
Pole Position

welcome to CL... expect to get bitten by the MOD BUG...
Old 04-03-09, 08:38 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

nice car! now you can be like bigmikeisf and all kinds of stuff! oh i forget his name is cupcake!
Old 04-03-09, 01:36 PM
robtown
Rookie

Thanks Everyone, Silver is definitel the fastest color... except for that black artisan TT, WOW!!!!

I don't think I'll go as far as BigMike although I do like the Lexon lip. Part of the reason I was able to convince the wife to go for the IS-F was that I wouldn't have to mod it. Oh well, I can never leave well enough alone........

I'm going to start with small things like lighting, brake pads, and Nav hack. I do like the fender lights on the ride DFlores. Get any trouble from cops with those or do you leave them off most of the time?

I am trying to make a bet with the wife, if I win I get an exhaust. She wins, we go on a trip to Mexico for our anniversary. So, it's really a win-win for me.

Rob
Old 04-07-09, 11:23 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrats on your F Rob!

You picked a great color How are you liking it so far?

Originally Posted by robtown
I don't think I'll go as far as BigMike although I do like the Lexon lip. Part of the reason I was able to convince the wife to go for the IS-F was that I wouldn't have to mod it. Oh well, I can never leave well enough alone........

Rob
Haha, I'm not even done yet (waiting on more parts to be delivered)

I'm also planning on doing the same vent lights as Dflores here in a few days. I don't think he's gotten in any trouble yet and they look awesome in person

Quick Reply: New Member - Memphis, TN w/ pics